give him the award right now

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damni Ralph--rookie of the year

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You DAMANI!

3. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    He's definitely a candidate. Normally, any other year he'd definitely have won it already, he's already scored as many goals as rookie of the year Kyle Martino scored all last year.

This year though, the class was so good. Definite candidates are Dunivant, Magee, Clark, and Eskandarian, in addition to Ralph (who's looked fantastic in my opinion, and it'll be interesting to see how he does in the next couple of months.) Throw in a couple of young guys who may surprise with more playing time (Alvarez, Gaven, etc.) and you have a fantastic group of young players, now with Dalmani Ralph leading the pack (at least points wise.)

4. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    Lets please not forget Logan Pause. This kid is playing way beyond his years.

5. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    How could I forget? He's looked pretty good this year as well.

6. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    SHOW ME DAMANI!!!!

Whoever came up with that, very nice. A little cheesy, but whats not these days.

7. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I'm still waiting to see Dipsy. I was dissapointed that he didn't get some game time tonight since it wasn't even close from at least the 60th min on.

8. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I talked to Dipsy after the game. Damn, he's a nice little dude. He told me his ankle is really good and he's ready for some action. I hope he gets some soon.

9. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There's nothing little about Dipsy... and I'm talking Down-Town!

He's the best Botswanan Baller that we've ever had in Chicago. I think he deserves a shot. I meant to bring it up with Coach when I spoke with him today, but I was working at the same time and I plumb forgot to talk up D-Lo with Coach. I think we can count on seeing him in KC though.

10. RogerinIL

RogerinIL New Member

Feb 24, 1999
    Damani continues to progress.

This game, for the first time, he started finding teammates as well as trying to score himself. He, Ante, and Andy W all seemed to work well together tonight.

Having 2 potentially strong scoring forwards really forces the opposing defense to stay back. I saw several times that Damani and Ante made diagonal runs for possible through balls. Either is capable of scoring given time and space. The Burn defense looked under seige.

11. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    That Damani has the skills to pay the rent. I have a feeling that MLS will be just one rung of the ladder for him. Great touch, explosive turns in the box, solid finisher. Clark was my early favorite for ROY, but now Ralph is making up ground real fast.

12. Chicago Stars

Chicago Stars New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Ralph is the man. It doesn't hurt to have the opposing defense have to worry about the league's leading scorer to give you space.

DaMan has my vote!