Freedom Force

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Goodsport, May 3, 2003.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just started playing this superhero game again recently (I first bought it early last year). Oh man, does it still rock! :cool:

The story is set in 1962 (using all-new superheroes, not established ones like from DC or Marvel), and it purposely has that 1960's Silver Age campy feel to it. From what I hear, though, there are several sequels planned, each one covering a different era in comic books along with each era's mood and feel.

In any case, don't forget to download and install the latest patch (v1.2 patch).

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All you comic book superheroes fans should also check out this TV special (which will air today). :)

-G

3. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Do they make this game for Playstation or any of those systems?

I'm not a gamer, but would love to try this. Love the Jack Kirby look.

Alas, I think my laptop would blow if I tried to install it.

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately for console gamers, it seems that so far this game is only available for the PC and the Mac. That could change, though, especially since current consoles either already have a hard drive (Xbox) or are getting attachable ones released into the market soon (Playstation 2; GameCube).

From what little info I heard about the sequel, it may also be headed for consoles as well as PC and Mac. Stay tuned! :)

-G

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After having taken a bit of a haitus from the game (due to other reasons, not to boredom or disinterest), I've finally finished the game. :cool:

-G