Conmebol elimination matches televised-QUALS ON TV?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by emp015, Apr 24, 2003.

1. emp015

emp015 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    conmebol elimination matches televised

Does anyone know who has rights this time around for world cup qualifiers for South America. Last year it was ProStar so you had to visit a bar or other facility which had the closed circuit available. This was all for a small fee of sometimes $20 bucks.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    T y T

they usually sell that over to local -per country- or fox for satellite distribution. Then PPV will make up packages by area of service

3. loloy_vinotinto

loloy_vinotinto New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Maracaibo, Venezuela
    Alguien se acuerda del canal difunto PSN? ellos eran la verga...!!! porq habran desaparecido?

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    se quebraron!

incluso hace un año fue noticia pues conmebol tuvo que reducir premios por partido de copa libertadores, pues el nuevo patrocinador y tv mogul no pagaba tanto.

los equipos lloraron mucho, pues algunos se habian armado con jugadores muy costosos, que pensaban pagar a medida que avanzaran en copa!

en conmebol.com

esta la historia de un mogul y negociador de TV que murio la semana pasada, Lazaro, un duro en cuestion de numeros, interesante la jijueperra historia.

5. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    Eliminatoria por TV en Gringolandia

Will Univision show any WCQ games. I know Telemundo will show one.

Does TV Chile, and TV Colombia show WCq's games.

What about Fox Sports en Español
    and Gol TV.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    for juan -venezuela

you know what chamo, I was about to ask the same

I got TVchile, but have not hear, last time chilennnooo reported them as a tv source for qual games viewing.

7. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a Bolivian restaurant, located in North Hollywood, which plans to show CONMEBOL WCQs.

How many I'm not sure, but that's where I plan to watch Colombia's WCQs, starting with Brasil on September 7.

For those living in the USofA, the BEST choice is your local soccer-friendly or Hispanic bar/restaurant.

Yes, it may cost some extra $$ but it's worth it!!

I speak from personal experience.

8. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    have not heard about tvchile lately, I doubt they will show anything....this is how bars make money in Jersey....that PPV option sounds good, I hope it's available, let me know more details please.

9. hoss23

hoss23 Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Argentina v. Chile - TV?

Does anyone know how to view the Argentina v. Chile qualifier on Sept 6 (i.e., which pay per view service)? I am in Indiana.

10. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
  11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: conmebol elimination matches televised

send a PM to the expert in those areas: BorrachoNj
    or galaxyfan......just wait for chilenoooo he usually comes thru.

here is PH# for gol tv... they may have the information for us 305 539 3835 (call before 10pm et)

they will have repetidos only, but may add the list of live broadcast to their news - who knows?

12. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ

oye papa,

there's a mess of bars in jersey that will show the qualifiers. only question is what part of jersey you live at. let me know, i'll help you out.

the easiest and most convenient is in hudson county. number of bars/restaurants in union city, west new york and north bergen on bergenline ave.

also in central jersey in new brunswick, elizabeth and bound brook areas.

don't know too much about south jersey, though.

13. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

sorry, hermano but I don't know anything about Jersey, except for Giants Stadium.

The main area I know is in Queens, specifically Jackson Heights.

But I'm sure that BorrachoNJ will be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!!

14. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    roosevelt ave.!!

man, some brave outings at those bars, bro!!!

many a nights, many a fights.

colombians, ecuadoreans, peruvians, argentinians...

those were the days...

that was the passion...

15. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    conmebol elimination matches televised

What are good bars in Elizabeth or Newark. I'll be going as a nutreal you won't be seeing me rubbing in people's faces. Spcially around 30 drunk sudacas.

16. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    there are several in ironbound section of newark. i'll find out the specifics and get back at you.

in elizabeth, there's one called el panchon on broad street that showed the games for '98 WC. i'll confirm and see if it's happening again.
    another one in elizabeth, but damn, can't remember the name. i know it was colombian but they showed majority of games. damn damn. what's the name?

i know it's like 5 or 6 blocks from NJ Transit station.

i'll be on the hunt in the next few weeks.

the one i'll be going to is costa del sol on union ave in bound brook, nj.
    chaos, lots of drinking, lots of singing, chanting...and hopefully not this year, fights.

17. FC ChillTown

FC ChillTown Member

May 1, 2002
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prostar has the North American rights to home qualifiers for Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, and Peru- still looking for info on how to watch the Argentina qualifiers. Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.prostar-inc.com/soccer.htm

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    CHILLtown, what city or neighborhood

just read borrachoNj....here and find the street of your likes.

what team do you follow?

19. FC ChillTown

FC ChillTown Member

May 1, 2002
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to find info for an Argentinian friend. We want to see the matches in the Philadelphia/Delaware area.

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I email my brother in law who lives in Providence/Media PA and works in Delaware.

He knows of Euro pub, but also talks about a place called Brasil's. I hope he gets in touch with me soon and will forward the details.

He is a bigsoccer member, so stay tuned.

21. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Here's what my bro told me about the Philly area:

As for pubs or restaurants, my favorite , they had a gr8 party for the final,
    was Brasil's Restaurant and Night Club, 112 Chestnut St.(Chestnut near Front
    St.), 215-413-1700. Another, with gr8 Paella last I checked, Is Tierra
    Colombiana, 4535-39 N. 5th Street(3 blocks from Roosevelt Blvd.. and in the Barrio)
    215-324-6086. This second place is Cuban-Colombian and might have the games.

Also, I would check with Univision or the other Spanish Channels.They often
    have a selection of games.In fact,I understand I could have watched Mexico v.
    Peru on tv.The spanish channels are PRO-MEXICAN and show Mexibol on Sundays.

Another place I LOVE but which is mostly EPL-related is The Dark Horse, 2nd
    Street between Lombard and Pine Sts. They show alot of footie and perhaps the
    gentleman you mention could ask .

The Zagat Survey Guide of Phila.Restaurants, available in touristy shops I
    imagine, is useful to find restaurants,clubs,and phone numbers.Best to call
    ahead.

Good luck.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    THERE YOU GO CHILLtown!

NO ONE CAN FIND BETTER INFO IN BIGSOOCA THAN HERE!

nice job garcia.

23. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Son of a b...., I called Prostar en I just got a damn computer. I sent them an e-mail and they haven't answered. Are they the only ones showing the Conmebol WCQ games in the US?????

24. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    It got crazy the last time around...people here are right, I went to Chile-Peru at Scorpios (route 1-9) restaurant, my SISTER almost got into a fight...jajaja

Anyway, I read today that TVN Chile will air all of the qualy games (Chile's games)....
    The problem is that I'm sure they will show them in Chile live....I don't know about TVN international...they might not, due to the USA restrictions (restaurants would go broke)

I heard that in MIAMI you can get the TVN channel from Chile directly with some kind of special antenna....I don't know details but if you live there, you might want to find out.

My option will be either pay 20 bucks (maybe more) or watch it in my house through my broadband connection...TVN Live!

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    in dallas: quals games next week at restaurante los zapitos (3 locations) - do not know price

oakcliff, tx - restaurante el Migueleño

Carrolton, tx (north dallas) - casa vieja restaurante (buenas empanadas y bandeja Paisa) $$$$?