USWNT Viewing Party Wed. night

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SpiritGrassroots, Nov 5, 2002.

1. SpiritGrassroots

SpiritGrassroots New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Hi guys,

Popping in here to let you know we're having a US Women's National Team Viewing Party at Seau's in Mission Valley on Wednesday night at 7 pm. Come out and cheer on the women with other Spirit fans!

More information in the email below -- hope to see you there! :)

Kara
    Grassroots & Community Relations
    San Diego Spirit

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Join the Spirit!

US WOMEN'S NATIONAL TEAM GOLD CUP VIEWING PARTY

Wednesday, November 6th @ 7 pm vs. Costa Rica

Come cheer on the USWNT live at SEAU'S in Mission Valley!

- Trivia challenges!

- Great prizes!

- Awesome atmosphere!

- Seau's Restaurant is conveniently located in Mission Valley Center right off Interstate 8 at 1640 Camino del Rio North #1376. Take I-8 to Mission Center Rd. and make a right at the first light onto Camino del Rio North. You'll see Seau's in between Robinson's May and Bed Bath and Beyond. For more information on directions, call Seau's at 619.291.7328 or go to www.mapquest.com.

- Look for Spirit fans when you get to the restaurant! (reservation under "Spirit")

For more information, call 619.692.9872 or log on to sandiegospirit.com
    Follow all the US Women's National Team news and action at www.ussoccer.com

2. Thanks for the heads up..

Sounds like fun, but I live in LA so the drive is a bit long for a school night. ;) Thanks for posting the info as I am sure many of the SD'ers would love to attend once they read about it!

3. SpiritGrassroots

SpiritGrassroots New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    CANCELLED

Hi again,

Sorry, we have to cancel the event due to the inability to find a reasonable location that carries Fox Sports World. Seau's said they carried it, but when we went over to actually see if they did, we found out they didn't.

:(

Kara

4. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Would the Princess Pub carry FSW? That place was off the hook for the World Cup games.

5. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not know if it does or not - but since they show EPL games all of the time, you certainly would think so.

I know that in the past Sport City Cafe has had FSW. They seem to get just about every channel there is. It's difficult to believe that a place like Seau's doesn't have such an important sports channel...

6. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were only a couple of us at the Sport City Cafe, but we had the back patio room all to ourselves - the big screen and 3 regular screen TVs to look at, sounded like stereo! We did a lot of groaning early on - Mac hitting the bar, Joy just missing 3 goals, Julie miss-hitting the one header and then called offside on the other goal...