Power outage

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by One_Ahead, Sep 4, 2002.

1. One_Ahead

One_Ahead New Member

A snip from Cable's League of Its Own: Soccer's WUSA Struggles

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Why is this? Is there not a good relationship between the two?

3. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    its a good question. that belief has been thrown around for a while now. i recall hearing that LIJSL would push the ladyriders (more), and not the power.

and once again, there is no suitable location in queens.

4. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad the recent prohibition against gender-blending would prevent a lot of New York "Queens" jokes. ;)

5. Trayster

Trayster New Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Palm Coast, Florida
    The Power should leave Long Island and play in an area that supports and appreciates them. I'm still wondering why Portland doesn't have a team and being Tiffeny Milbrett calls it home, why the Power doesn't relocate there. Portland Power actually has a nice ring to it. The downside is I'd NEVER get to see them play but coming from a different city, I don't get to see them play anyway.

6. please.. u arent the only fan that doesnt get to see them play... i saw two games this year.. and one of them i was at.

u get used to it.

7. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    Maybe because the team name "Portland Power" has already been used recently? Actually, that team name may still be copyrighted by the ABL (women's pro basketball league that folded in '98), though who the heck would fight about it at this point I don't know...

8. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    Staidum FYI

the metros were gonna play their playoffs in bears staidum...but of course they got drummed out of the playoff picture...only reason i bring this up was because apparently the Bears have a special expansion package that brings the capacity up to 10,000 for soccer/sprint american football....i wonder if this would be a good TEMPORARY setup for the power...too bad the metros didnt make the playoffs, that could have showed us if Bears stadium would have been viable...even if it is a baseball staidum in a crap neighborhood