U19 Canada vs Brasil PBP [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Aug 29, 2002.

1. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey guys-

the game is just about to start.....i'll post periodic updates, and more PBP if there are ppl interested, so please leave a message if you want it!!!

elaine

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    the anthem just played....

OH CANADA WE STAND ON GOD FOR THEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

glad to see gerry dobson doing PBP....i heard there's 40,000+ at the stadium...HUGE crowd

elaine

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    canada has made only one change in their starting lineup, as robyn gayle is getting her first start....

melanie booth gets a ball into the face...free kick for us. dangerous cross in by carmelina moscato (who has AMAZING crosses/free kicks) into the box that bounced just wide...

4. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    so just to restate...canada's starting lineup is: (in no specific order)

Erin McLeod
    Sasha Andrews
    Candace Chapman
    Clare Rustad
    Robyn Gayle
    Carmelina Moscato
    Melanie Booth
    Christine Sinclair
    Kara Lang
    Katie Thorkalsen
    Britney Timko

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    canada is on the attack a lot...

brasil has a defensive slipup, and sinclair gobbles up the ball for a shot, but it gets deflected....

most of the possession with canada...very physical game...players going in hard on tackles...

6. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    ooo...

they just zoomed into brazilian player daniela, and i recognize her from a few games vs. the USA back in either 2000 or 2001...and i remember that she was very young during that game (15 or 16), so i'm glad to see her playing with the u19 brazil team...

7. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    canada's "word" for the day is PRIDE.

all the players wear a white tape on their wrist with a word to inspire them...previous words from previous games include HEART, FOCUS, UNITY and i think desire....

8. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    (i enjoy adding to my post totals ;) lol)

13th minute

moscato has a free kick, and crosses it in and clare rustad heads the ball towards goal. brasilian keeper makes the save and the ball is cleared out before a canadian player can pounce on the rebound....

really loud crowd, they're very into it...lots of booing for calls called against canada

9. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    brasil has a near miss as one of their players curved a ball a bit too high. mcleod should have had it covered if it was lower....

marta for brazil offsides....canadian backline working well as a unit...

gotta love the crowd...clapping and chanting throughout! yea yea!!

and they said canada couldn't host an int'l soccer tourney like this...lol :D

10. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    canadian throwin in the attacking third...katie thorklasen has a long long throw...cleared out by brasil....

lots of tough tackles.....

free kick for moscato from the right side...swings it in, keeper bobbles it, but covers it up....

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    21st minute...

ball bouncing around in the air, neither side getting posession....

two players, gayle and a brasilian collide with each other..."hockey check"

supposedly there's been "trash talk" the past few days from brazil saying canada plays a physical game and that they are more finesse. canada played brazil for a warm up game, and brasilian players were getting "hurt" all over the place....

so far that hasn't happened...both sides giving and receiving physical play, and no one staying down...

12. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    finnish ref is using her whistle a lot...

the brazilian keeper is Giselle (sp?), but everytime i hear it i think it's 'gazelle' lol :D

play settling down a bit...

wooo....a brazilian defender just did a pretty nice bicyle kick to clear the ball out, very nice!!!

13. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    woah...

just zoomed in to canadian keeper erin mcleod, and she's supporting a ... festive hair 'do.

it's a red "mohawk" with white side

lang collides with brazilian keeper in a 50-50 ball, and both players are down...

lang has a bloody nose...it's bleeding very badly...

giselle is holding her knee in pain....

danielle (brasilian captain) gets a yellow card for something (that i didn't see...maybe they'll show a replay)

lang being treated...OH!! there's ERIN the trainer helping kara!!! erin's cool!!!!!! :D lol GO EP!!!

oh, just showed replay...daniella got it for dragging down gayle and pulls her down...

lang is back on the field, and giselle is better too now....

free kick maybe 30 yards out from the right...

14. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thought I'd say hi so you don't feel so lonely.

I watched some of USA v Germany, didnt know that so many on the US team are hotties.

The Germans on the other hand, reminded me of "Vera" from the old "In Living Color" sketch.

James

15. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hi james!

thanks for posting...the usa vs. germany game should be a good one (they're showing it in canada in tape delay...)

lang is back on the sideline...i believe cause she's still got blood on her jersey or something....cause her nose has stopped bleeding...

16. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    lang back on the pitch...

brazil has a bit more possesion....

30 min mark now...still 0-0

helen (the color chick) commenting about how the players seem to be slipping on the field...no rain, but field is supposedly slick...

GO CANADA!!!!

17. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    brasilian offside, their second...

canada's holding their line very well...

chapman and gayle have been playing very well

i know this is kinda irrevelent, but i really like the benches they have at commonwealth stadium...there's a plastic covering, but two rows of benches...subs sit in the second row as coaches and staff sits in the front...kinda neat looking! lol (yes, i get distracted easily)

moscato gets another free kick...she's taken many this game...

18. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lets see a Canadian game that has a lot of physical play, we are supposed to be surprised???

That is their style and it WORKS. It sure gives the USA fits.

On the other hand (we have different fingers ;) ) the Brazilian teams are noted for the samba style, but the can play physical as demanded. However they usually have a good diving team.

EDIT I had an acidental spoiler on the US game here. Sorry!!

19. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    uh oh

moscato is down, and loos like in lots of pain...

she danced around a few brazilian defenders going forward and it looked like a brazilia defneder stuck her foot in and they both fell over....and moscato is still down...

she's on the stretcher and being carried off....problem believed to be on the right ankle...

this is nooooooot good for us! carm is critical for us, in the midfield and on set pieces especially

20. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Barcelona
    thanks for updates

sounds like Brazil has decided to physically take on Canada.

Who has the ball more?

21. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    it is a very physical game....

both sides are playing tough....it seems like everytime a player gets a ball, a player from the opposite team is right at her heels and applying her presence....

lang gets shoved from behind on a head ball...

moscato is still on the sidelines...they're bringing moscato into the lockers...not sure if she'll be back...no subs yet.

giselle smothers a low shot....

another brasilian offside...

moscato is out for the game. amy vermulen is getting ready to sub in for her....a tough loss for canada, as carmelina was playing well and very essential to the team!!!

22. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: thanks for updates

i would say first 20 minutes canada definitly had the ball more, but the since the 30 minute mark, the balls been back and forth, and neither side seems to have a command of possesion...

vermulen has started all of the canadian games so far, losing her starting position today to gayle...

another brasil foul, on the right side just outside of the box....

vermulen taking the free kicks now...swings it in, and it's cleared...

5 minutes + injury time left until the half...i'll have to use the facilities at the half ;) lol

elaine

23. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    brasil making a run down the left side...

wow...daniella shoots a ROCKET...and mcleod dives to her right and makes the save...what a beautiful shot....big save for canada...phew

24. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i would like to make a correction.

mcleod didn't "dive" to make that save, after seeing the replay...she "flew" to make the save ;) lol

marta making a run down the left side...runs out of space and crosses the ball into the side of the net...

brazil picking up their attack

25. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    almost goal for canada...

sinclair chips the ball over giselle, but brazilian defender diane clears the ball out

if sincy had put more in her chip, she would have definitly had the last defender beat...

one minute of regulation time left now...

great game so far....