2009 J. League Transfers & Off-the-field News Thread - Part II

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by xxiinini, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Does anyone know any news about Soma Takahito, I heard CSKA Moscow but is this true? And how is Alex Dos Santos is he fit now?

2. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: 2009 J. League Transfers & Off-the-field News Thread

Ok, thank you

To the Kazu thing,
    Maybe Kazu wanted to renew the contract?!
    Let them play if they feel fit to play one more year.

without Gon, the league would be not so funny :D

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

First thing, please do not insult people with ideas/opinions/knowledge different from you "moron." That's not the way we discuss on this board.

Second, Miura might be the most popular player among obasans and baseball fans, if you ask fans today to name a "famous" J.Leaguer today, I bet they'll tell at least a dozen names before Kazu comes up.

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The first character means "tie/bind/knot," the second is usually translated as "heart" but in Chinese/Japanese has also the meaning of "soul."

I would translate it in general as "let us join our souls," and the second sentence as: "all our souls as one"

Please keep in mind that for Japanese slogans/poems there is no "correct" translation, only interpretations.

5. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Does anyone have any information on William Yoshikawa? Seems like is half Brazilian and half Japanese drafted out of Akatsuki High School by Roasso Kumamoto. Apparently he is a forward... Maybe the next Tulio?

6. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just saw the Marinos slogan. Enjoy, Growing, Victory. What are the other slogans from other teams this year?

7. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  8. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. manyar

manyar New Member

May 2, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale

Interestingly, no mention of Renatinho on the Frontale site...yet. Pretty sure he's under contract til the summer, but so was Vitor.

Hope he doesn't get in a huff like a certain other Brazilian striker.

10. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Good news for Cerezo: Kaio will spend atleast one more year with us :) Gilton has been loaded off to Albirex Niigata, while Nagoya's Jun Aoyama's loan-deal has ended.

Now we only need a goalkeeper...

11. senki-redded

senki-redded Red Card

Oct 31, 2008
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Seems Hulk (former Verdy striker) is doing well in Portugal.
    Deco praised him. :D

Di Maria and Hulk tipped for world superstardom
    http://www.portugoal.net/Benfica0809/200901162-Di-Maria-Hulk-Appraisals.htm

12. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  13. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  14. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

why they want to build a new one?
    Big Arch is not old, it is big enough...
    I really like that stadium, it looks like the small kokuritsu

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

They probably don't like the track? That's the only reason I can come up with.

16. MTT82

MTT82 Member

Sep 25, 2006

Look at the crowds they get.

For one thing Big Arch is miles out of town and takes about forty minutes to get to.

Then there is the fact that there is no protection from the elements. If it rains, you get wet. If it's hot, you get sun-burned.

There's no atmosphere because the fans behind the goals are about a billion kilometres away from the pitch. And it's about 25,000 over-capacity.

For general 'sports' fans in Hiroshima it's a pretty easy choice to make. Their old ball park was in the middle of downtown, and I'm lead to believe their new one is too.

I was under the impression that the local council helped pay for the new baseball stadium, so it's a bit rich for them to turn around and knock back a new football ground. But then Hiroshima Carp often attract big crowds and Big Arch Stadium was only built in 1994.

Until Sanfrecce get a new ground I don't think they'll ever be a force in the J. League... but then I doubt that's of much concern to the local council and even the people of Hiroshima themselves.

17. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

On top of that, while the design of the stadium looks really cool... the arch plus a running track makes it feels like you're miles from the action.

18. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I really like the design of Big Arch, but I agree that the seating is too far from the field. I'm pretty sure that even the Kokuritsu is closer to the field from goal side than Big Arch is from the sidelines, which is really bad.

Big Arch's design is possibly one of the best of all stadia used in the league. Just a shame that such an excellent idea wasn't executed very well.

This whole situation is almost an inside-out version of Nagoya and Toyota Stadium.

Though the situation kind of reminds me of Adelaide United in the Hyundai A-League. For those who watched the final of the AFC Champions League, you might have noticed that Adelaide's Hindmarsh Stadium is incredibly small - the sold-out match hosted a total of 17,000 - and despite the fact that there have been numerous requests from both the club and public to build a new stadium, or just improve the current one, the Government have their hands over their ears, and are happy to improve a stadium that doesn't have any potential for growth. It's a mixture of being blind, and a failure to understand the phrase, "If you build it, they will come."

That's the problem with sports and stadiums; you can and will never have everyone happy at the same time.

Hiroshima's council may just need their eyes open. If Hiroshima get a bit more success than they have in past years - say a few years in the top 8, and/or possibly a spot in the ACL - then perhaps they might start to understand exactly how it will benefit the city as a whole.

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I guess that they put the track in because they weren't sure whether the J-League would survive...

Big mistake now.

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The old baseball stadium in Hiroshima is in such a convenient position (next to the dome, 10m by trolley from the shinkansen station), that even I went to watch a baseball game after visiting the tourist attractions [sic].
    Considering the new-found enthusiasm, it is really dumb not building the soccer stadium there. Gosh, how frustrating that would be foe the Sanfrecce fans.
    Big Arch is very nice architectonically, but not really a soccer stadium. It is my third-least favorite stadium in J1 after Gamba and Sanga's--as far as I can think...

21. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008

Park Joo-ho of Mito Hollyhock to Kashima Antlers.

22. Izák

Izák New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Czech Rep
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Steve ( Koshigaya) is better suited to answer this one, but he never really managed to break into Verdy's team, let alone make it to the bench. As far as I recall though, Osamu was sidelined with a long-term injury, which if course didn't make things easier.

24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Doesn't he have a brother that plays on the team too?

I'm pretty sure that he is a striker. This could turn out to be an interesting move. I wonder if he decided to play for Japan or not.

25. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan