Nadeshiko League - where the Nadeshikos bloom

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Ishikawa18, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think it's time to start a thread for the ladies
    the league is already over, but not a reason don't talk about it ;)

EDIT: Oh gosh, can anybody fix the wrong name?
    It must be "Where" not "were" .... ^^;;;

2. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Re: Nadeshiko League - were the Nadeshikos bloom

Is your name Ishikawa from Kishikawa ?

She is a damn good player.

I dont know a lot about the N league, really only the internationals, but I will try.

I wish they had more Brazilian players like Purechina, they need to compete against the size and speed of the rest of the world.

3. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

no :D
    my name is from FC Tokyos MF Naohiro Ishikawa and his backnumber 18 ;)

Thats true,
    but I'm good things that the league will stronger and stronger the next years and won't be dominated by just 3 teams.

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I actually say the N-league MVP voting (closed now I think ?) on the N-league website

http://www.nadeshikoleague.jp/mvp_2008/l_league_form.html

- and I wanted to vote for 3-4 players (I would never vote for a FW, because they are always spoiled by attention, so it would have been Iwashumuzu or Miyama or maybe the improved Ando or even the improved Yano for me - of course Hara must be improving too, because INAC has done very well)

- but i thought that the best thing for the N-league is getting more PureChina's, and although i only saw a UTube of the all-star game, I voted for her.....tough decision !!!

5. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

for who???

6. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  7. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I found something about WPS International Drafts
    I don't know it's new for you, but four japanese players was selected by US Teams

Washington Freedom - Homare Sawa
    Los Angeles - Aya Miyama
    Bay Area - Eriko Arakawa
    Boston Breakers - Shinobu Ohno

will they move now?
    i don't understand this draft-thing in US-Sport ...

8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

- for PureChina of INAC (yes, the Brazilian girl) - as I said not what I wanted to, but I wanted to suggest they need more foreign players like her playing among them - a but like Europe (Italy or UK, etc) today.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    The reason for the Draft is to forcibly spread out the players into teams of equal strength. Otherwise for example, teams near big population centers would have greater choice, and would be more likely to make deals with local US-based players.

However, the teams only gets the right to negotiate with the players. If the players decline, then that is that, no deal. If a lot of home and international players decline, then they can have a further draft round, but I dont know exactly the conditions.

Already you can see the problem in Japan - the league would be better if there was more balance. It is poor practice for NTV to beat every team almost every weekend.

11. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You wrote this on another forum:

Of course maybe in 2009 some of these players will be in the USA - you know they have invites to play professionally ?
    didn't you wrote Miyama was invited to LA?
    i think the most of them should stay at their club

The opportunity to play in the United States will be one of playing against a much wider variety of player than what they would get in Japan. The Japanese women will be playing with and against Brazilians, French, Germans, Brits, Norwegians, etc., etc., as well as those from the US, and it will be a much more enriching experience for them, game-wise as well as in other ways.

12. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think about how Beleza and Okayama will perform next season, If the players would leave for WPS.
    It would be a but cut for Okayama i think, they really need Miyama.
    Beleza got enough class players for a title-defence. Maybe the Nagasato-sisters would be the new forward-duo and Hara would be get Sawas Part.

Overall, the title-race would be more exciting, because Urawa and TASAKI keep they NT-Players.

13. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    21st and final day

NTV Beleza 4:1 TASAKI Perule FC
    Urawa Reds Ladies 1:2 IFC Kunoichi
    INAC 4:2 Albirex Niigata Ladies
    Okayama Yunogo Belle 1:1 TEPCO Mareeze

FINAL STANDINGS

1 - NTV Beleza - 17-2-2 - 53 points
    2 - INAC - 14-3-4 - 45
    3 - Urawa Reds Ladies - 13-4-4 - 43
    4 - TASAKI Perule FC - 11-1-9 - 34
    5 - Okayama Yunogo Belle - 10-3-8 - 33
    6 - TEPCO Mareeze - 5-2-14 - 17
    7 - Albirex Niigata Ladies - 3-2-16 - 11
    8 - IFC Kunoichi - 2-1-18 - 7

TOPSCORER

1 - Shinobu Ono (NTV Beleza) - 20 goals
    2 - Prechina (INAC) - 18
    3 - Yonetsu (INAC) - 14
    4 - Mio Otani (TASAKI) - 13
    4 - Kozue Ando (Urawa) - 13
    6 - Eriko Arakawa (NTV) - 11
    7 - Ayako Kitamoto (Urawa) - 10
    8 - Aya Miyama (Okayama) - 9
    8 - Yuki Nagasato (NTV) - 9

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well, now you see why a draft is a good idea. The imbalance is a real problem. For the top 3 teams to play 1 of the bottom 3, it is a bad experience, as it will not draw out the competitive best.

Some things I see:

Iwabuchi did not play, even though NTV is missing several players. Too tired, or maybe School ?

Also Iwashimuzu, one of my favorite players (when did any team last score a header against the WNT ? and when do defenders ever get credit anyway ?) is still missing - is her injury bad ?

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I dont know what life is like in Japan, but I can see on UTube that they get snow in Okayama, so maybe the Tokyo girls would consider it outer-space. But what could be better for the league if say Yuki Nagasato was to go play for some distant team, where she could get 90 minutes, and even face the best team (NTV) instead of watching them from the bench ?

16. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Believe me, when Ohno and Arakawa will move to the US, Beleza wouldn't have an other choice to let Nagasato play. She would be the Topscorer of the team (maybe league!).

do you know how many games she played?
    I mean 9 goals aren't bad
    She will get there time ;)

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    That is IF they move. The US league does not have a lot of money. It seems that negotiations have failed for some of the EU stars (Lotta Schelin), but they had more choices. Nothing else seems to be known, but we will know within a month or so.

Nagasato ? What I do is to go the N-league site, look at "Fixtures/Results" on the left, click on the games, and then you can see who played, who was on the bench, who was substituted. She played in almost every game, but only played 90 minutes on a handful of occasions. Yet I thought she improved a lot between the WC and Olympics.

18. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

She is just beautiful..... :cool: :rolleyes:

And at the world level, like the rest of the team, she plays beautifully too, because to be on the team, she has to.

20. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

I am going to post that on the "Hot Women" thread - its not a thread I would bother with, but it always amazes me how a beautiful girl like that could ever have gotten into soccer at the top level.

ps: Another poster said she was "single" - is it possible, do you know ? :confused:

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  22. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    haha, i don't know
    ask nipponbasse, he's knows alot about it :D

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Ok - so from the JFA web-site

- here's a great action shot of Hara -

[​IMG]

- petite, but she swerves, and leaves the giants behind................... :cool:

24. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    nice nice, let's see she will get better than Sawa one day

I'll go for a slideshow of Yukari Kinga ;) (best looking one :D)

25. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008

That is a surprise to read. I absolutely love this player, remembering for example the first goal against Norway - where did she come from ? - and I wonder what instructions does she get from the coach - is she a DF in disguise, like 007 ? But she looks plain rather than cute to me.

Maybe I am conventional, but to my eyes, Ando is out on her own, and Miyama and Iwashimizu are very pretty too.

By the way, at some point recently I saw a video (YouTube ?) of where Kinga visits a school - if you can follow Japanese (I can't), she has a good time and has something to say on screen.