Die Fohlen sind wieder da - Borussia M'gladbach season 2008/2009 thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Hendrik, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose should thank god they went home with 1 point,couple of more minutes in that atmospeher at BORUSSIA PARK...and we could have very well scored the winner and nailed them down fair and square :D

3. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Kicker ratings:
    Gospodarek (3) - Levels (4), Brouwers (4), Daems (3), Gohouri (3,5) - Paauwe (4) - Alberman (4,5), Bradley (4) - Baumjohann (2), Marin (3) - Friend (3)

4. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
  5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Great effort rewarded

A tremendous battling performance full of morale saw Borussia come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Bayern Munich yesterday afternoon.

more:
    CLICK

[​IMG]

Bayern's élan ruined

In the final ten minutes of the home clash with Bayern Munich the BORUSSIA PARK was a cauldron of noise, with everyone out of their seats clapping, singing and shouting.

more:
    CLICK

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The ratings for Pauuwe, Alberman and Bradley (who improved a lot after the interval and scored the important equalizer) are a bit harsh in my eyes.

A 4.0 for Alberman and 3.5 for Pauuwe & Bradley would be more accurate in my eyes.

Let's wait up the TF ratings...

The ratings for Pauuwe, Alberman and Bradley (who improved a lot after the interval and scored the important equalizer) are a bit harsh in my eyes.

A 4.0 for Alberman and 3.5 for Pauuwe & Bradley would be more accurate in my eyes.

Let's wait up the TF ratings...

What a surprise! ;)

Btw: I was very impressed by Marin's fighting spirit (he won 71 % of his duels) and defensive play (huge improvement)! And of course his offensive play was impressive, too (even though not as brilliant as that from Baumi).

PS: I've seen "Blickpunkt Sport" on Bavarian tv tonight and asked myself what stuff Van Bommel ("we played fantastic until they scored the 1:2") and Rummenigge ("we totally dominated them for 80 minutes") are smoking. They dominated us for 20 minutes after the surprising 0:1 ... otherwise we were of the same value, if not even better!

7. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Hmmm... let's take some facts...
    Goals: Borussia 2, Bayern 2
    Shots on goal: Borussia 3, Bayern 3
    Total shots: Borussia 11, Bayern 11
    Yes, we were totally dominated. A deficit in possession of 48,7:51,3% shows Bayern were by far the better team.

I am not interested in the feelings of the Bayern officials, but I always thought football was about goals, at least countable things like scoring opportunities. I do not care if Rummenigge thinks a square pass in the Bayern half is a sign of domination.

8. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...earn-from-the-German-Bundesliga-Football.html

9. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=content/borussia-mönchengladbachs-marin-valencia-sights

Let us see what`s will be. Clearly Unai Emery had see him in the Sommer at the Borussen Park by the 4:2 against Valencia. I hope he will stay one year more by Borussia, but after the World cup 2010 he is surly by a big club.

10. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Congrats for a good result, Borussia MG.

You kept Hans Meyers home run (never lost with his teams at home vs. Bayern) alive. :)

12. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    An english journalist visited the Bayern match prior to the international tomorrow, and was thrilled:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-shows-Premier-League-blueprint-for-fans.html
    ...The differences are certainly considerable, yet a trip on Saturday to watch Borussia Monchengladbach's 2-2 draw with Bayern Munich certainly underlined some of the alternative ideas and structures that English administrators should consider.

The day's first surprise was the look of incredulity that accompanied my request for a train ticket. "You are going to the football?" asked the inspector at Dusseldorf. "Yes", I replied. "Well, for you, travel is free".

There is always a particular edge when Bayern are in town, yet the atmosphere at Borussia's 54,000-capacity stadium was still noticeably more fevered than any comparable Premier League match.

Flags, banners and balloons emerged from every corner as the players came on to the pitch, yet the generator for this fan electricity was the existence behind one goal of the Nordkurve, a standing area that accommodates more than 16,000 supporters.

From a distance, they represented a swaying, bobbing and uncontrolled mass of humanity. It looked like a scene from the 1970s, yet up close it was clear that considerable thought has gone into making these standing areas as safe, spacious and modern as possible. The sight of stadium staff moving among the crowd while selling cheaply priced beer from a portable backpack would be equally unimaginable at any English ground...

...Saturday's match also displayed much that is best about German football. Bayern surged into a 2-0 lead after goals from Luca Toni and Franck Ribery, but that was dramatically wiped out in the closing minutes in front of an ecstatic Nordkurve. The celebrations and interaction between the Borussia players and their supporters lasted fully 10 minutes after the final whistle.

Few can seriously question the rise of the Premier League over the past 15 years, yet it is doubtful whether any country has succeeded quite like Germany in transporting the soul of football from yesteryear into a safe and modern environment while still producing an outstanding international team and thriving domestic competition...

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Rummenigge is often talking rubbish (who knows what he smokes at home:) ... so let's just ignore him.

Please stop posting tons of silly rumours, Jo!

I do give a shit about who's sitting on our main stand these days...

Thanx.

Thanx for the article. I'm gonna post it into a suitable thread of the Germany section.

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bad news: Thomas Kleine will be out for 4 months. :eek:

CLICK

Here's the player ratings:

"Kicker"

Gospodarek (3) - Levels (4), Brouwers (4), Daems (3), Gohouri (3,5) - Paauwe (4) - Alberman (4,5), Bradley (4) - Baumjohann (2), Marin (3) - Friend (3)

Van den Bergh: 4
    Matmour: -
    Colautti: -

"Torfabrik"

http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2008/11/18/ein-bonbon-das-schmeckt.html

Gospodarek (3,5) - Levels (4), Brouwers (3,5), Daems (2,5), Gohouri (4) - Paauwe (3,5) - Alberman (3,5), Bradley (3) - Baumjohann (2), Marin (3) - Friend (3)

Van den Bergh: 3,5
    Matmour: -
    Colautti: -

Well ... I think that Bradley, Pauuwe, Alberman and Van den Bergh were rated a bit too harsh by "Kicker". The same with Gohouri by TF.

Have a nice evening.

15. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    @ Equilibrium
    Thanks I think is possible that 3 teams will be behind us. :D
    @ "Eisenfuß" Eilts
    Thx
    @ Lascho
    You had found a wonderful news article
    :cool:
    Good morning at all

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just goes to show why i think bayern and its entire organization is SUCH A JOKE !

Rummenige got owned last saturday by gladbach,exactly how he used to get owned as a player back in the day time after time by our BORUSSIA...be a man about it Mr.Rummenige accept it or just swallow it bro,They are over-payed and over rated...they just dont deserve any respect since they always disrespect other teams period...no wonder they are no big deal in EUROPE either and also why the german national-team has fallen from grace and its glory days..b/c its built on bayerns back bone !

They got man-handled and dominated by borussia and if the game had ran a couple of more minutes we would send them home with their pants off!

The post game comments from likes of rummenige and other bayern people was totally unprofessional and sad..but more confirmation to the fact that how loser of a team and organization they are and basically represent ...instead of having some code of honor !

17. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    Keep cool HG:D

http://www.macaudailytimesnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19240&Itemid=36

18. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach
    mms://s36wm.castup.net/990580001-52.wmv
    mms://s36wm.castup.net/990580002-52.wmv
    Start 6°° PM MEZ
    Israel vs. Ivory Coast

with Gal and Cola

Kopie into the URL from your browser.

19. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Moreover, It is confirm that scouts of M'gladbach will be in the match against Ivory Coast to follow La Corunia goalkeeper Dudu Aouate...

20. Luckie

Luckie New Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Moenchengladbach