The Official Jovan Kirovski Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Chewie23, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Chewie23

Chewie23 Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...is Blah.

Step it up, and produce otherwise, go home.

Get well soon though.

2. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is he still a Quake ? :confused:

Holly s#@!T ! :D:D

3. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Expensive+Sucks=Kirovski

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this stage--a big waste riding the pine.

Yallop must know something in which he's not "ready for prime time"... Even when he did make an appearance, really was a non-factor.

Give the trade in favour of Colorado--they got a keeper who is playing right now, and at least keeping them on pace against Los Angeles...

5. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Can we rename this as the official Jovan Kirovski sucks thread?

6. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I'll disagree on that. Getting Kelly Gray has been wonderful for us so far. I think he's earned us 4 points (watch him against Columbus and RSL). No way would we have those points from Burpo (because he'd be on the bench).

Burpo for Gray straight up is looking ok to me. I agree that Kirovski will have to go, especially if we are carrying all of his salary.

7. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That doesn't make sense though because he was available without having to gift Colorado with Burpo when he was released by LA and net trade is still costing us some portion of Kirovski's guaranteed salary.

8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good call! Also, we are not paying all of Jovan's salary. While we did have to trade away Burpo, I think he was making more than Kelly, so that part of it was alright.

Jovan has always been a disappointment. He's just never lived up to expectations. I'm hoping that he turns in at least a few good matches for us this season. I know he's got it in him to do so, we just don't see it often enough.

gooooo quaaaaakes!!!! :eek:

- Mark

9. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    What information do you have to say that we are not paying all of Jovan's salary? I'd be interested to see the official clink to this.

10. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here's where I remember reading it FAS.

Breaking down the trade - Jeff Carlsile

I've never seen an actual breakdown of how much each team is responsible for. MLS generally does not disclose the terms of their contracts.

11. Roblar

Roblar Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    I don't know. At the time we had Corrales and Vide. I would guess that Yallop and Doyle thought those two would be good enough - so we couldn't afford to use another roster spot on Gray. On the other hand, after a few weeks, and more precisely, after two RSL games with Vide as d-mid, I think the "need" for another d-mid capable player went up enough that adding Gray made sense.

Vide? If there is any other team interested, I bet Doyle deals. If not, he'll be playing for his roster spot in reserve games and practices. If we see him again, I hope it's because he's figured out Yallop-ball and improved his positioning and passing skills. (And not because of further injuries, suspensions, and call-ups.)

As for Kirovski. ....I think this is the last year of his guaranteed contract. If I think of him as a $45K player, I'm pretty happy he's on the team. We're not paying all his $200K+ this season, and next year, we'll get a chance to resign him at a lower salary (and trade or keep him as his play dictates), trade him so someone else (who will resign him at a lower salary), or cut him.

Having experience on the team at this point is useful. (Who else will teach our future bench-warmers how to ride pine? ;)) Next year, it may not be useful. Or maybe Yallop figures out how to make good use of Kirovski's skills and pulls off another reclamation project.

12. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Agreed on all points. An excellent breakdown Roblar.

13. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still, I'd have taken Kelly instead of Glinton in the expansion draft. We need that exQuakes factor. Kelly bleeds blue, as do Joe, Ryan, and Ramiro. We need that in the locker room.

As for Jovan, we've seen him turn in some excellent play over the years, but we've also been disappointed. I'm hoping that he finds it in himself to step up to the challenge and strut some stuff. Also, if he could at least push Ned to work harder, that would be a help.

In any case, Jovan has to show that he's worth the cash (whatever we might pay him) or he's going to get cut or traded. I'm pretty sure he knows that. So hopefully . . .

GOOOOO QUAAAAAKES!!!!! :eek:

- Mark

14. Chewie23

Chewie23 Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm still hoping for Kirovski to return to the form he once had with the galaxy. But if he doesn't off to Houston I'd ship him for Waibel ;).

15. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team doesn't need another defender. They need attacking help and so far Peguero was a sure bust and right now, Kirovski seems to be another one heading in that direction except he's taking up a valuable roster spot (and some cap room).

Speaking of which, if Waibel returns here you owe me one... ;)

16. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, because we had plenty of open slots at the time and Gray is a known commodity. You can't make it okay we gave up a good back up keeper for someone we could have had for free.

You can't just randomly think of him as a $45K player since we don't know he's not $145K player. I'd like to think of him as a 45 cent player, doesn't make it so. Talk about a waste of roster space.

Kelly Gray is turning into a good pickup but it doesn't give them a free pass from analysis that said how they came to have him was stoopid, second only in stoooopidtiy for giving up the#1 allocation slot for a player who failed a medical. John Doyle may learn and grow into being a good GM, but if we take off the rose-colored glasses of liking the fact that he's Earthquakes through and through, he's not been even smart, let alone savvy.

17. Sactown Soccer

Jul 29, 2007
    Redding
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having Kirovski and knowing how much money he's taking is pissing me off. I hope Yallop has a plan for him, otherwise we should get rid of him ASAP.

18. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we don't know how much money he's taking. Plus we're not having cap problems right now. Until we do it doesn't really matter.

19. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so until July then he can npiss off

20. FAS

FAS Member

Jun 5, 1999
    Los Gatos
    Thanks seismothusiast, iu haven't been keeping up with my centerline reading, i need to remember to visit that site more often.

21. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we get rid of Kirovski already? i mean what has he done for the team lately?
    nothing

22. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Drain our salary cap :mad:

23. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Easier said than done. If we release him, whatever portion of his salary that we're paying for will still count against our salary cap. And we wouldn't get much, if anything, for him in a trade.

24. nebulachapin

nebulachapin New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Belmont, CA
    The last listing I saw was he was taking about 220K. If that is true, its a monumental waste of Quakes funds.

25. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes. But no one knows for sure how much of that is being footed by the Quakes.