USA vid clips

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by nyrmetros, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Anyone have a vid clip of the USA game in RFK where McBride scores and jack Edwards sais "The building is shaking!" ?

2. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    specify an opponent or date and maybe someone can help you out a little better.

3. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    I used to have that on my desktop. The Guatemala qualifier in RFK. September 2000 IIRC. 0-0 until the 65th-ish minute, then someone sends a long ball to the left side of the box. McBride and the Guatemalan keeper sprint to get to the ball first. McBride beats him by a hair an pokes the ball in. Great play by McBride, and he almost got his leg broken in the process.

At that point in qualifying the US's chances of advancing to the hex was on shaky ground, and not getting a result at home against Guatemala would have been a serious blow. One of the more important goals in WC 2002 qualifying.

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I just re-watched that tape the other day. Wow. THE BUILDING WAS SHAKING!!!!!!!

5. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    This was the game where Lewis got the red card, and Cobi Jones delivered a weird, soft, looping "cross" that resulted in the goal, right? BTW, I think we need an [R] in the thread title.

6. RBourd52

RBourd52 Member

Jul 23, 1999
    Woodbridge, CT
    Yup, that's the one.

7. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darn it, I taped it 3 years ago and was just getting around to watching it tonight. Now what's the use.

8. usagoal

usagoal Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Las Vegas
    So I shouldn't tell you the US/Portugal score?

9. MJ 19

MJ 19 New Member

Nov 19, 1998
    San Diego
    This was also the game where US Soccer only sold the tickets in the bottom bowl to "Friends of US Soccer" or something to that effect. I believe they were being sued over the fact that anyone with a hispanic last name was discriminated against and forced to purchase tickets further away from the field.

The game was played on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend if my memory serves me...

It was Cobi with the cross and it was also very astute to say that it was one of the more important goals in qualifying.

10. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    I'm not sure but I thought US Soccer was sued over the US-Honduras game at RFK a year later. I could be wrong however.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Sunday of Labor Day weekend because it was the opening day of the football season. I remember being torn between watching my Giants and watching the Nats play a crucial qualifier.

Man that Guatemala game was a nail-biter. The interesting thing was that when Lewis was sent off the game kind of opened up for the U.S. IIRC. The goal came on a nice counterattack I think with Kirovski sending a sweet left footed ball to Cobi on the right. Cobi then floated the ball to McBride. I jumped up off of my couch when McBride scored LOL. Very dramatic stuff.

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So does anyone have some video clips from this game? :)

12. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i remember that goal now. awesome game.

13. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    As any DC area sports fan can tell you, RFK can and does shake. There are "temporary" stands on the loud side of the field (opposite the players benches). When enough fans bounce up and down, those stands do as well. I have seen that effect from the field and stood on the stands when they were shaking and I can tell you first hand that both ways are unforgettable.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Hello? Anyone? Anybody? I would really like to see this clip.

Also does anyone have good video clips of the USA fans such as Sam's Army and others going nuts?

16. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    email me at reynafan@aol.com and I will send it to you when I get home tonight (Hawaii time)

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    my email thingy didn;t work......

18. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    I was at the game, and haven't seen the goal since. I'd like to see the clip as well.

19. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of other clips, I might have a copy of the "La Guerra Fria" (USA v Mexico in Columbus) collection of clips, the one with the Cypress Hill video, on my laptop hard drive back at the house.

I'm at work right now, so I don't have access to it, but would love to share it just the same.

If anyone's interested, let me know...

20. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Count me in, too. That other clip sounds absolutely breathtaking.

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Glad to know I wasn;t the only one interested in it.....

22. CarlosE

CarlosE Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Calvert County, MD
    PM Does Not Exist

Wasn't that the first "Project Mayhem" attack? The one where Mike Lastort, and many others raided the Guatemalan's hotel? The raid that got press coverage in several newspapers / magazines? Fun times, those were.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    should be fun! :)

24. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    I sent the Guatamala goal to someone, can't remember who, but I have a *#*#*#*# load of goals on my computer, so if you are looking for any recent ones, to include some of Freddy, just let me know.

Eric

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I need "The building is shaking" clip :)