The J.League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by The Truth Commission, Mar 4, 2006.

1. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown
    I've always been a fan of standing at football matches, therefore I was trying to determine which Japanese stadiums have designated "standing areas."

So far, from experience and online photos, I know the following grounds have terraces:

Todoroki Stadium (Kawasaki Frontale)
    Komaba Stadium (Urawa Reds)
    Yamaha Stadium (Jubilo Iwata)
    Hitachi-Dai Stadium (Kashiwa Reysol)

Any others?

2. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Re: Terraces at Japanese stadiums

Well at Gamba's Banpaku it's like this at the supporters end
    [​IMG]

3. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Nishigaoka Stadium, Tokyo its locaded in the National Sports Science Centre in Tokyo. sometimes the Women NT play there.
    [​IMG]

4. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Omiya Koen......The home of the Omiya Ardija had standing terraces but I'm not sure if they will remain after construction

5. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ay yi yi!! That's got Nippon Meat Packers livestock ranch written all over it!:eek:

6. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown

I thoght Gamba might after watching yesterday's game on NHK, but couldn't tell for sure. Good picture.

Too bad they can't have a few of those sections in the new soccer-specific stadiums in the US.

7. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004

They will indeed - some stuff about it here:

http://furtho.blog4.fc2.com/blog-entry-537.html

8. The Truth Commission

Mar 29, 2000
    Parts Unknown

What about Sagan Tosu? It looks like there are standing areas from some photos I've seen. Can anyone confirm?

9. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You

i like urawas

10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

At Nishikyogoku we simply stand on the seats. If you get in the middle of the stand behing the goal, chant and wear a uniform, you get a discount on the ticket. Good deal.

11. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

How much is a ticket in the supporters section? At Hertha, I pay 14 euro to stand on the ostkurve, and if you get a season ticket its 99 euro (smashing good deal IMHO, and average German season tickets are like 130 euro IIRC)

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

2006 J1 season card at Sanga was ¥15,000 for the supporter stands.
    It included the Nabisco Cup's group three games.

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hollyhock's Stadium

Maido.

Does anybody know how far is the Mito Hollyhock Stadium from Saitama, and how convenient is by JR...?

Thanks!

14. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Hollyhock's Stadium

Are you in Saitama Gora?

http://mitohollyhock.blogspot.com/

Talk to Vendo.......he went to a game in Kumagaya from Mito so he might know........Where are you?

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Can't find an e-mail address... :confused:

Coming to Japan next week.
    I will be in Saitama in July for 2 weeks. I've got tickets for the Man Utd games.
    Are you there?

PM if you want!

16. football-dave

football-dave New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Japan
  17. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

THANK YOU!!!

Leaving to jaoan in less than 12 hours...
    Be good, y'all rascals!!! ;)

18. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
    Japanese soccer stadiums

Has anyone got some good pics of Japanese soccer stadiums?

http://www.stadiumzone.net has got some, but I like bigger pics. Especially the Saitama stadium is beautiful!

19. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  20. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese soccer stadiums

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. footballone-redded

Aug 13, 2007
    Re: Japanese soccer stadiums

Looks interesting!

22. NotQuiteNorse

NotQuiteNorse New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    asia
    Club:
    --other--
  23. psveindhoven

psveindhoven New Member

May 17, 2006
  24. Shizuoka

Shizuoka Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Shizuoka, Japan
    Club:
    Shimizu S Pulse
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The J. League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Had a search around and couldn't find any similar thread, so have started one. :) Being a bit of a stadium geek, part of the fun of following S-Pa around the country is racking up new grounds on my visited list. Give me a nice stadium over a smelly old temple any day of the week. ;) Well, on a Saturday at least!

This Saturday I'm making the relatively short trip up to Yokohama to see how 20000 people look and sound when surrounded by 50000 empty seats. :eek: Something I like about the J. League is that teams are often not afraid to move home games to suit the crowd they're going to get, but I don't know why Marinos persist in playing all their league games at The Nissan. Is there nowhere more suitable for their 20000 gate games? The Mitsuzawa if expanded (is this possible at all?) would be far better.

S-Pa kept the derby at home last year instead of moving it to Ecopa as usual. The place was sold out and the atmosphere was a cauldron. Far better than playing in a half empty Ecopa. Verdy are also getting less than 10000 on occasion in a 50000 seater ground. I was at the Ajinomoto Stadium last year with 30000 in it, and it was still a souless, windswept bowl of a ground. Goodness knows what it's like with only 9000 in it!

Anyway, gone off on one a bit. The main thing I wanted to ask was if any of the many Marinos fans on here had any hints / tips / advice for a first timer at The Nissan? Being a night game we'll be making a day of it, no doubt hitting China Town and waterfront areas before heading off to the game. Looking forward to my first BDO (big day out) of the year, but not holding out any great hopes for a result! This has been one of the worst starts to the season in our history, we're riddled with injuries, and with YFM looking pretty good, I very much doubt a repeat of last year's 2-0 win!

25. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Re: The J. League / JFL Stadiums Thread

Like you, Im a stadium geek myself, and I love going a to a beautiful stadium just for the sake of it. So far, I've been to Nissan 3 times, Nagai 3 times, Saitama 1 time, Fukuari 1 time, Banpaku 1 time and Koshien once.

As you mentioned, going to a big stadium with only 1/5th or 1/3rd of it filled up isn't the best in the world. One of the times at Nissan was a Nabisco match, and there were only 9 000! i stood pretty close to the Marinos fans but still, it wsa quite awkward being so few in such a big stadium. Once at Nagai and the time at Banpaku as well was a cup game, and the atmosphere wasn't near as good as in a j.league match.

but going to a half-filled stadium doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. My first match at Nissan and at Nagai were quite lively although there were only 25 000 at them both. and at Fukuari it was about 11 000, but still a blast.

But compared to a sell-out NT match at Nagai vs Japan and Bulgaria,or Hanshin vs Lotte in Koshien or Urawa vs FC Tokyo in Saitama, it wasn't near the same in regard f atmosphere etc. The total experience gets better when you're in a packed stadium, but it can still be good although it's only half-full.

The stadiums I most want to visit next is of course Toyota, Kobe Wing and Oita big Eye....