Rants To The Front Office

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Goldenballs, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Goldenballs

Goldenballs New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    West Los Angeles
    Dear AEG:

It was great that you brought in Becks to raise soccer awareness in LA and also the US. But, the product you are putting on the field is just deplorable. Honestly, how do you not know that playing rookies and minimum wage players on the pitch was a disasterous plan? You guys are either delusional that 3 players were going to carry a team of 11 or you really underestmated the talent level in the MLS. Either way, this is a monumental illogical decision.

We know that you have interest in the Staples Center and see Kobe score 50 points a game on a nightly basis. Soccer is NOT like basketball. It is even more of a team sport than most other American sports. How do you not see this?!

For AEG to go out there and invest all of your money on 3 players, you have destroyed any chance of bringing in new fans and am turning away old fans with this worse than pub team you are fielding out there.

Now that 1 of the 3 players is injured indefinately what are you going to do now. You know that soccer is an injury filled sport and yet still invested all of your money of 3 players. How stupid is this?

If you don't get a raise in salary cap, your only shot is to trade LD to free up even more cap space to bring in half way decent players onto the squad. Good luck doing that because we probably won't get new decent players until July'ish as most other leagues follow the fall schedule.

If this play continues, you are not going to sell tickets and this Beckham experiment will be a complete failure. Not because of Beckham, but because of your infinate incompetence at the front office.

Thanks for ripping LAG fans off by charging us tons of money for tickets and kits while putting the absolute worst MLS product on the field.

2. cantona94

cantona94 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to send about 15,000 copies of this to the Galaxy and AEG front office....not that it would do any good

3. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    What? AEG are league saviors.

4. joshington

joshington New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    welcome to what its like being a la kings fan

5. RickT

RickT New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    they looked like a U12 AYSO team last night. and Colorado was horrible too. it was embarrassing to watch.

get rid of Landon. you can get FIVE quality players for his price. he is an overpriced Diva who has no work ethic and is not worth 1/5 of his cost.

6. sdcastro137

sdcastro137 Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I texted my bf last night during the game:

Half those guys out there looked like they just won some lucky drawing for a chance to play with Beckahm.

7. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only is this hilarious, but it seems to be fairly close to the truth. Repped.

8. GALAXY4ever

GALAXY4ever Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Monterey/LA
    If the Galaxy doesn't turn around, im going to ... watch baseball.

9. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Word to the 10,000th power

10. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was polite back in 02 when we had the last team that played well. At least we had a team that was fairly even with talent around the field. Now you give us a top heavy team with three guys making all the cash and the rest just filler and expect us to pay increasing ticket prices? Why is that not considered obscene? Why is all the peakcoking by Lalas with no substance concidered obscene. The problem here is that everyone else in the F.O. can move on and say that the new club they work for is the team they love. Guess what most of hardcore fans will never trade our team. The F.O. the coaches, the players are only borrowing the colors, the true fans own them. But the F.O acts like it is ok to pimp the team around and then make OUR team look pathetic. You have no accountability and for that concider yourselves lucky. I love this team you only work for them.

11. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Run it through spell check first.

I take it you haven't seen him play much...ever.

12. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I confess to having sent an email a couple of hours ago. I was also going to start this thread.

I'm so frustrated. I find myself hating the organization.

13. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yep. They sure as hell are.

If it wasn't for AEG, you wouldn't be here to chastise us while we criticize our incompetent FO.

And YOU wouldn't have a team. And YOU wouldn't enjoy an opening match victory against the Galaxy at HDC this Thursday.

(Yes. I'm predicting a Galaxy loss on Thursday to the Smurfs.)

If it weren't for AEG, we wouldn't be here lambasting their efforts and attempting to raise the standards of professional soccer in this country.

Nuance is a bitch, isn't. :rolleyes:

14. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonders never cease!:eek:

15. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Smurf fans don't realize the amount of flak that I got in 2005 when I was on different Galaxy fora saying that the Smurfs were the top team in MLS.

The whole "Shoot the Messenger" phenomenon and every thing...

I notice that you skipped over "nuance is a bitch" part. :p

16. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Post the email.

17. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I didn't save it. :(

18. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you'll need a new moniker here like "DODGERS4ever".

19. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but when Gretzky came to the Kings it had a HUGE impact and the Kings defeated the Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers in the playoffs. Gretzky had several successful season and even took his team to the Cup finals.

This has the possibility of turning into a disaster unles the Galaxy can turn it around quick.

Goldenballs, that's a great letter and thousands of copies should be be sent to the LAG. If only they would listen.

20. joshington

joshington New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    after the making the final in 93 we've missed the playoffs 9 out of the last 13 seasons...

again, welcome to life under aeg.

EDIT: ANSCHUTZ BOUGHT THE TEAM IN 1995

EDIT2: AND TRADED GRETZKY IN 1996

somebody convince these guys to get the hell out of sports

21. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    couldnt have said it any better myself. the kings and the galaxy have no hope as long as aeg owns them. look what the ducks did, private owner, and they got themselves a nice stanley cup to go on their trophy shelf. as long as aeg are around all they will care about is turning a profit and if a trophy comes along with that, even better for them. they want greenbacks to fill their trophy case. sad but true ...

22. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But I keep hearing that MLS is a money losing league until it gets more established and AEG owns several teams, right? I also heard Anschutz is a big soccer fan and is doing it to help soccer in America so he can't really be making any significant money if not actually losing money.

23. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :confused:

What are you talking about?

The plan has always been to sell all but one team (LAG), and from the looks of it, Becks will have the option to buy that one team.

AEG made an investment in pro soccer as a favor for the sporting community and to eventually make some money off of it (re: HDC). They're making bank off HDC and they're making some money off of the Galaxy, two separate entities, btw.

They're losing money off the money-losing franchises throughout the league.

24. GALAXY4ever

GALAXY4ever Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Monterey/LA
    Or I can just change what I have to something like... "theteamisupport4eversucksass!"

The truth hurts... especially right now.

25. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FFF guys, witless as they may be were spot on about us tonight. Nick mentioned something about us being the Paris Hilton of the league. We look and talk pleasant enough but have absolutely no soul when it comes to play on the pitch.

I've been far too faithful to the team, blindingly so one might say. But over the last two years I've come to the realization that I hate our owners and front office. The price we pay to watch this rubbish is beyond redemption and to all the well wishers who've come on here saying that we're reactionary bastards and that its just one game can shove off. We've been a pitiful shell of a team for four years now and an abysmal team for the past two.

So what happens? Since AEG is earning mint off of Beckham's image do things change? The HDC is still going to draw more fans than most of the rest of the league, not to mention pay far more for tickets, parking and concession. Do they care? No. They're making money.

It' a bit irksome sitting in front of the computer unable to do anything about our situation. I'll be going to thursdays game but at what point do I say f**k my season tickets and f**k this organization and all the time I have invested into it over the years.

P.S. Those dumb bastards on FFF were wearing the new Shitvas jersey and yodeling about jaded Galaxy fans changing allegiance to Chivas. F**k off you brit ninnies.