Game day, yo -2008

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Uppa 90, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps it was my anticipation of this day's event that led me to not be concerned with the weather... perhaps it was the warm inviting nature of all that is fresh and new that combines to form that which could be called perfect... perhaps it is the revelation that the circle has once again been completed and today we pass through the gate once again...

perhaps...

perhaps this is the beginning of a beautiful season... and whether or not perhaps leads us up or down, I cannot deny that the first thing that entered my mind this morning was fervor...

unrelenting like the rising tide...

waves of blue (with yellow piping)...

these waves descend upon a new venue of our battles... a new hope for our warriors... today these tides of blue take to the green with a mission that feels somehow fated... our time has come... the two years of a dramatic temporary hold take over...

submit to it... let the crest of the oncoming season pound at your brow, move your whole being, sweep you away, because today, ladies and gentleman, is opening day...

submit to the fact that perhaps you were waiting for this day all of your life...

and submit that now, perhaps perhaps now, that a complete wave of blue will not be hampered by the menacing concrete ring that was never filled, and never truely could define what our game day experience could really capture, what it really could attain to...

yes, today, that wave will wash over us and cleanse us with the sweet baptism of soccer... the day will be that much sweeter, the air that much cleaner, the voicebox that much louder, the beer will be that much more fulfulling...

we, the blue faithful, descend upon the CAB with a new idea of the future... and that future, despite all of the obstacles that we have overcome, despite our pitiful looks of disgust from the rest of the league, despite months of our darkness and absence, that future beckons...

submit to it...

the future is here... perhaps you would like to join it...

submit to the blue wave, and the season shall being anew...

GO BLUE!

2. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nice touch :D.

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! Thought this day would never get here....nice rally cry, Uppa. LET'S GO BABY!

3. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm really upset I can't make it to this game. You all have a good time for me, ya hear?

Should be interesting seeing the atmosphere of that place on MLStv.net....

4. Icculus

Icculus Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Steamboat Springs
    Depending upon your cable provider.... Direct Kick has a free preview this weekend.

and GO BLUE!

5. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't look like Time Warner is participating. I thought I'd check out the Cowlumbus-Toronto game, and it says "call this number to order this channel".

Bummer.

6. Icculus

Icculus Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Steamboat Springs
  7. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo
    What channel is it usually on for Comcast? I called to ask and they told me 701-706, but it isn't showing up for me. Not sure if I have the right cable package to allow it anyways, but thought I'd check just in case.

8. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cox Cable here in OKC turned on the free preview today. Watching Crew v TFC right now.

I'm not buying DK till next week since I'm switching to Dish Network ;)

9. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These two teams are ......yawn.....boring to watch. Hopefully get more excitement from RSL vs. Chicago.

10. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Apr 29, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for RSL to get their new grounds open. That pitch is horrendous for soccer.

Blanco in a mix up with some of the RSL players after the half time whistle...

11. Icculus

Icculus Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Steamboat Springs
    It's 447, 448 in Colorado, not sure where you are at. It wasn't on mine either and I called customer service and they turned it own for me.

12. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    ah yeah, it's pre-game time!

13. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    New kits look good.

Field looks really small though. Maybe it's the camera angle.

14. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Metrosports is such a joke! And there it is - in the 21st minute! The first "This could be on for..." by Weelock!

15. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wheelock is by far the best commentator in the league IMHO. I'd much rather have him than the Lalas and Feldman duo, who always end up getting in a fight by the end of the game, or Shep Messing, because he is stupid, or Columbus' commentator who gets excited during replays and raises his voice to extreme volumes for just a split second while the close chance is being replayed. Or the DCU announcer who says "It's in the net! It's in the net! It's in the net!"

I honestly can't believe you are complaining about Wheelock solely for the line "This could be on for ___"

16. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad we now have the opportunity to critique the Wizard's telecast since the last few years of HSG ownership gave us no radio or television.

17. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    yeah, i was real pleased with the televised experience. i even tuned into both english and espanol radio broadcasts, just to say i listened to both for a bit.

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just because he listed one reason doesn't mean it was the ONLY reason.

19. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is B-rob still the box with Sean?

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't Saturday night. Sean was by himself on commentary with two "sideline reporters"

21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't have metrosports -- is there a way to get video of the whole match anywhere?

[cough]torrent[/cough]??

22. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo
    If you purchase MLSlive.tv ($19.95) it's archived on mlsnet.com/sights

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The whole game? For some reason I thought that was just highlights?

24. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen to that! Damn, we are getting so spoiled.....:p

25. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No the whole game is there. In fact I watched it last night and that guy who said you couldn't see the Cauldron is an idiot, or he didn't really watch the game; you can't possibly miss us.