Official 2008 Fuji Xerox Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Matsu, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    An important message to all J.League fans:

The Xerox Cup match was fixed.
    I was told a week ago that the final score would be 2-2, and Sanfrecce would win on PKs. There is proof of this on my Rising Sun News message boards.

Anyone who saw that match would definitely be suspicious, but what would you think if you had been TOLD in advance the result? When was the last time you saw a linesman -- not even the head referee, but a LINESMAN -- award a rekick after the keeper made a save? And that is only the beginning of the strange calls that occurred in that match.

Please visit my website, read the article, and then contact FIFA and the AFC to demand an investigation. If organized crime is fixing the outcome of J.League matches the only way to clean up the league is to ask for an outside inquiry.

I urge everyone who cares about football to contact them and request an investigation.

2. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Re: Official 2008 J1 Thread [R]

its nice to see the J-league refs are already in their finest form.
    Kashima was up 2-0 against Hiroshima in the xerox cup until Hiroshima got a pk out of nowhere. As usual, the pansies at the tv station decided not to show a replay. Hiroshima went on to win in PKs, which I didn't pay much attention to but I saw to Kashima players and fans were pretty pissed after the match.

edit.. Matsu beat me to it.

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Matsu, I believe we're all a bit incredulous and shocked by the perspective of fixes in J-League. I respect your opinion, and I am interested in going deeper into this; however, your accuses are really heavy.
    Can you tell us a bit more, especially for those who could not see the match?

And in particular, how did you know the result in advance? Just a good guess, or you actually knew the score?

Ok, I'll go read your site now.
    cheers.

4. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan

The shoot-out
    [Youtube]Mt6zMjCgNZs[/Youtube]

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Mmmmhhhhhh........ Ok, he did move a little bit too early, but how many times have seen that? And how many retakes...? It looks fishy, indeed...

Anyway, as much as everybody's opinion is important, it is Antlers' fans who should take this up, as they sure can more than a bunch of truth-loving gaijins... :cool:

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Xerox Cup 2008

I have moved the discussion in a separated thread, as I don't want it to interpolate with the oncoming discussions related to the beginning of J1.

Also, as this is a hot topic, I want it to have more exposure.

Please continue here...

7. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

A week ago I was told (by a guy who I know only casually but who is a rather "shady character" if you catch my drift. He bets on J.League and I have given him tips in the past. This time he said to me: "This week Ill give YOU a tip, the match will end as a 2-2 draw and Sanfrecce will win on PKs.

Well like I said I only know him casually and I thought he was just joking. That was all I heard from him. If the match had ended in a different score, or if there was nothing "strange" about the officiating, I wouldnt have even thought any more about it.

But if you like, go check my message board. At 9:30 AM I made my prediction (actually, HIS prediction) and believe me, if my perfect prediction was just due to my amazing skill, Id be bragging about it, not trying to get FIFA and the AFC to investigate..

Please write to FIFA and the AFC. Obviously no matter how sure I am that the match was fixed, all I can do (or any of us can do) is be suspicious. But the AFC or FIFA could investigate, see if there was any strange betting patterns, any sudden cash deposits in certain people's bank accounts, etc.

If it can happen in Europe, it can definitely happen here. The only way to fight this sort of evil is to pressure for an investigation.

8. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Xerox Cup 2008

Sogahata yellowed after a final :confused:
    how stupid is that?

So, he have to be carefull in the next Super Cup-Final for Kashima or he will miss the third one or what? :D

The line-moving-rule is stupid
    what did Dudek in the CL-Final few years ago!? :rolleyes:

9. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

who scored in the game?

10. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I just read the comments on this YouTube video, but most people have following comments:
    • "I don't know much about other calls during the game, but for these two calls, it's sogahata's fault"
    • "The Keeper definitely moved"
    • "He should have been more careful, especially after the first warning"
    • "After all it was the first game of the year... ref was strict. I hope refs continue to be strict throughout the season"
    I don't know much about this Matsu's shady friend, so at this point I do not want to comment on that, but at this point I would like to believe that it was one of those days where refs had little aggressive calls on top of usual horrible calls....

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I would like to see the other debated episodes that brought Hiroshima from 0-2 to 2-2.

Again, the goalie DID move a bit too early, but they always do, and the ref NEVER has the PKs to be retaken.

Forget Dudek: in Manchester (Milan-Juve, CL's final) Dida was 1.7m out of the line at the moment of a shot. He saved it. Milan won the CL. :cool:

12. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Well, the first penalty-save looked ok, as it was obvious Sogahata moved too soon. The 2nd one is more blury though, and Matsu got a point.

13. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan

Kashima : Motoyama 49', Nozawa 52'
    Hiroshima : Kubo (Pen) 80', Sato 85'

14. masterII

masterII New Member

May 11, 2005

• - i saw the game.
      - referee did a ok judge.
      - kubo and sato played amazing last 15 minute.

well done hiroshima.

15. Magi

Magi New Member

Apr 3, 2006

I could definately believe some refs favor one team over the other in some matches. But when it comes down to such a specific scoreline like 2-2 on PK, it's extremely difficult to finetune that kind of result. Maybe I'd believe it if all 4 goals were scored on PKs... but even then there are so many elements out of refs control to get it exactly down to 2 -2 (and even fix PKs!) I remember an article where the mob bribed a Chilean goalie for some international match to allow goals but he made super fine saves by mistake. It's impossible unless every player is in on it and it didn't look like it from the look of Kashima players after the match...

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Was the 2-2 goal somehow favored by the ref?

17. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But honestly how many J-League players these days are hurting for loot? Yeah, money under the table talks, but one would thing they make good enough money to where they shouldn't have to accept "that" type of payout.

18. Spherical

Spherical New Member

Feb 21, 2006
  19. Viking-KC

Viking-KC New Member

Jan 15, 2008

I say that this year the fans take it into their own hands and make people pay attention. Pitch invasions after every poorly officiated game. Make a protest banner and unfurl it at mid-field.

Furthermore I have another querry: why did the announcer say at the end of the game something like this, "We will return after a short break for replays of today's highlights." And why did they go straight into a show wil semi-famous people eating food after the commercials and completely nix the replays!?!?

20. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Matsu,

If you really believe that the game was fixed, take it to the local police office and tell them about the guy that told you the results ahead of time. The guy is probably not involved, but he did get the information from somewhere, and the police can easily figure where he got the information. They may be able to reveal a thing or two.

I would loved to help, but you are the only one who encountered with this guy, so you will have more chance of convincing the police then any of us.

-shuvy87

21. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

who was final MVP?

22. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London

heard there was a pitch invasion by some fans for this game.

they must have felt real injustice to do that.

24. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Supposedly about 100 fans.
    Considering Japanese fans are supposed to be well-mannered, and most Japanese seem to say "oh well" when they lose, I think it means something.

What pisses me off the most, is that they didn't show a single replay of the "foul" that gave Hiroshima a PK. The call itself may have been something of a makeup call, since Kubo appeared to be fouled in the box earlier on. But regardless, how can you explain not showing a single replay of the PK scene? Even if it isn't controversial, you would still expect to see a replay of the foul, given the time you have before the PK is actually taken. Only in the J-league do they purposely try to avoid showing anything that may seem like a bad call.

25. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Controversial Japanese referee to escape axe

“I don’t believe any decision will be made on the basis of one game,” Hideto Teshima told Reuters. “He may not have had full control of the game but I haven’t heard any complaints about specific decisions.”

LOL. How could there be no complaints about the decisions? What does he think everyone is complaining about.