LA hates us

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by ekker3, Jan 11, 2008.

1. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/

on the latimes website there's an ongoing poll asking:

"If you had to vote for one team to leave town and never return, which team would it be?"

out of the Angels, Avengers, Chivas, Clippers, Dodgers, Ducks, Galaxy, Kings, Lakers, Sparks, UCLA basketball, USC football...we (chivas usa) were eliminated first.
    hopefully its a wakeup call to the Front Office. we need a rebranding and some sort of effort to link us to the city of angels. otherwise we're just a gimmick.

2. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I'm getting that warm and fuzzy feeling from all of this love. In any case I have a feeling that the Galaxy will be next. Anything related to soccer will face negative responses from the L.A. Times. ;)

3. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree the media has always had a bias perception on soccer. Yet we are Chivas USA.

4. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. RobertK

RobertK Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is one of the most idiotic polls I have ever seen.

6. El Assesino

El Assesino New Member

Oct 21, 2006
    UNION Ul7RAS
    no one likes us
    no one likes us
    no one likes us
    we don't care

we are Chivas
    super Chivas
    we are Chivas
    from the LA

7. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ChivasMkt.Dept. are following this? It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of us, but can you pass this info along to proper channels. Seriously, this is embarrassing adn disgraceful.

8. RMoreno

RMoreno Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I voted to get rid of the Avengers!:rolleyes:

9. ChivasUSAMktDept

ChivasUSAMktDept New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    it shows we have alot of work to do (at least to the people that voted) and that we need everyones help.

10. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As an Avengers season ticket holder, I am shocked and appauled. As a fan and member of the CHIVAS USA family though, I can't blame you for voting that way. For Arena Football, they sure do get a lot more media attention than they deserve.

11. Albee

Albee Member

Dec 28, 2007
    USC football? Are you kidding me, Most all NFL teams wouldn't be more popular than the Trojans if they moved to L.A., so there is no need to feel bad about losing to them (I love Trojan football by the way). Ucla basketball is also very huge.

The Lakers? These guys are Icons in L.A. with Kobi and all of there history.

The dodgers and angels are huge as well, MAJOR baseball franchises. I could see Chivas competing against the Brewers or tampa bay devil rays or something on that level.

First rate sports franchises and college sports teams include, USC Football, UCLA basketball, Lakers, dodgers, angels.

Right now the way i see things, there are 2nd rate city sports franchises in los angeles which are, ducks, ckippers, kings.

3rd rate sports franchises include, Chivas, galaxy, sparks, avengers.

Chivas can work there way up to the second rate level, which seems like a reasonable goal for now. We just need to keep winning and use better marketing tactics.

Maybe in a few months to a few years we can see the Chivas franchise in a list that looks like this,

Chivas
    Ducks
    Clippers
    Kings

12. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The average American sports fan could care less about any form of soccer. I would worry more about getting the average "soccer" fan/player to support the domestic game. I am amazed by how many AYSO shirts I see at baseball and hockey games. Of couse, a few ads in ENGLISH speaking papers and television would actually help too. This team is also percieved as a foreign team rather than an L.A. team. Taglines like, "Its in your blood" or "goodbye soccer hello futbol" aren't helping matters either.