Live Free or Kit Hard - Kit Thread IV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Skizz, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah, new kit thread.

So I know I swore I wouldn't buy that white shirt? My brother bought it for me for Christmas :eek: Doesn't count if he gave the money to the club instead of me does it? I find that funny since he's a Man Yoo fan. Perhaps it evens itself out somehow. Who knows.

2. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Maybe he just bought it for you out of spite. ;)

3. Pogue Mahone

Pogue Mahone Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had no intentions of getting the white shirt until I finally saw it in person. While it's not a traditional Arsenal away shirt, it's pretty damn stylish. I've now worn it several times.

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Nah, he didn't know of my deteste for it and he doesn't follow football too much anyway. His saving grace was that, if I wanted, I could take it back and get the Arsalona one if I wanted. Lovely.

5. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    haha, nice! Did you get anyone on it, or just get it blank?

6. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The white one isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. White is not our color, but when you see the kits in person you will see that they are pretty decent looking.

I was walking through Niketown here in New York and saw some of those white kits, and I just had to get one.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Damn, now that is love...for a Man Utd sibling to put money into 1 of the club's
    he hates for you!!!

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    HUH? What is that kit? I have heard of Poly-cotton blends, but what is this?

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'm going to get Ade again I think...if not Ade then Skizz :)

10. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought you'd be going for Gallas this time! :)

11. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    the "european" kit, the maroon/blue stripped one, looks like Barca's kit, hence Arselona!

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Ha, never thought of that. I think a few people have got that though, I like to get the less common names. It's surprising how few shirts you see with Adebayor on.

Some people do like the novelty (or as I call, the "what the f*ck?" factor) of names on shirts though, I've seen several more people with Senderos shirts on than Ade shirts this year - I even saw a "STEPANOVS" shirt at Reading this year :eek:

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    best shirt at The Globe is the Arselona kit with Bendtner on the back. i wanted to buy him a beer after the match on saturday!

14. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wanted to, but didn't? :)

15. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's kind of like taste in music, right? Like "I like a more obscure band than you do?"

In that case, you should probably get Eboue. Who has an Eboue jersey? Nobody.

16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    couldn't find him after the match. it was packed!

17. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Sort of. I just don't like to be labelled with everyone else. Before it was the Henry shirts, now it's Fabregas shirts. I have a Fabregas shirt but it's not the current one...a bit more refined :)

18. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why not jump the gun a little and get a Vela shirt? You can be like the guy who caught on to the next big thing a year before everyone else does ;)

19. Skizz

Skizz Guest

VELA

I like it! :p

20. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    though you'd have to get the away kit, as the home kits will change again next year - though I suppose Arselona will probably still be the third next year.

21. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I must say that Adebayor is quite an attractive name to have on a jersey, especially since he's a fellow African. I can imagine getting one sometime in the next couple of seasons though.

I nearly actually had Eboue put on my home shirt last season - I was actually very close to doing so.

I've got a couple of Fabregas shirts, and even though I've been a fan of him since the 3-1 Community Shield win, they've become ridiculously common.

I think my next shirt will have Hleb on it.

22. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Ah, sadly not. The Arsalona kit is for one year. Next year the white kit becomes the third strip, we get ANOTHER new away kit AND a new home kit. It's bollocks I tell ye.

Because of all the rip off's all the kits released now have to carry a lifespan label, and the white shirt's label reads as follows:

I repeat - Bollocks I tell ye.

23. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I need to get a long sleeve home jersey in the next week or so. I'll probably end up getting a Hleb shirt too. I really wanted RVP, but I'm not so sure - you know, all this talk about him never being a starter for us again and what not ;)

24. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hadn't heard that before, and that's a load. Particularly the bit about the away kit changing again next year – why is that one only for a year? Ugh.

Stupid Nike and their money-mongering.

25. Skizz

Skizz Guest

The government realised that they were ripping people off with the amount of kits they were making (in the first instance it was Man Yoo, now it's all the top 4 - Chelsea had a third shirt they wore ONCE last year and now it's obsolete) and brought in these rules about lifespans and so on. It didn't actually STOP THEM making these kits, they said they had to have a minimum lifespan of two years so this bullcrap about change kits becoming 2nd choice and home kits only lasting 2 years gets around it. It's pathetic.