Franchise awarding

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by ironhead, Sep 7, 2007.

1. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the kind words. Of course I am am going to disagree but then I am from Seattle. ; ) I suppose if I was from St. Louis I would agree with you!. : ) Peace! : )

2. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What NASL rules do NCAA and High School still use?

Not that awesome modified shoot out I know ;)

3. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MOD NOTE - You did the same thing in the Philly forum. Knock it off or get carded.

4. gregro

gregro New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    The Emerald City
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the wrong with what I posted? Don't you think you are being a little overzealous? I was very positive in my posting and I resent your tone. It is condesending. If you have specific issues with me or specific feedback as to what that I did was wrong, I would appreciate it is you would give me that feedback offline.

I came over to your board to offer support and have some friendly banter. It is ok for your folks to come over to our board state their love, passion and reason why those cities should get a franchise, what is wrong with folks coming to these boards and doing the same thing. I did not insult anyone in fact, I was very complimentary. What is the problem here? Relax man...

5. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA
    Watching FFF tonight. Jesse Marsch from Chivas USA was the guest. He was asked what potential cities he thinks the MLS would work well. He mentioned Philly, but then went in to great detail on why St. Louis would be great as well!

Nice!

6. StarvedPolygamist

StarvedPolygamist New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    St. Louis
    Ooh, nice! Just curious, what points did he bring up about St. Louis? Wondering what the impression is "out there"...

7. SoccerYoda

SoccerYoda New Member

Aug 14, 2007
    O'Fallon, MO USA
    All the stuff we know... Great tradition, he named the 4 or 5 St. Louis players currently IN the MLS, would have tremendous fan support.

8. sirfallsalot_2000

Apr 18, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    regarding the topic, it appears that the best guess is to wait for an announcement at the MLS Cup. 2 more months or waiting......

9. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I can take it.

10. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Might as well sit back and relax. It's probably going to be a while. However, MLS will probably give Cooper the nod in private, but wait til MLS Cup to announce it.

11. Memit

Memit Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Don't worry , St.Louis will be the first city that Garber will award with a team in the coming days .

12. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    In the "Coming Days"??? How soon do you expect an announcement?

13. Atarian

Atarian New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    St Charles, MO
    Well the WNT vs Mexico at the Dome is on Oct 13. So I think on the 12th they will have the formal anouncement, so the halftime show they will talk about the expansion and the new womens league.