New BigSoccer (Baobab) Bugs Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by Huss, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This thread is only to report bugs on the New BigSoccer (Baobab). Bugs are strictly functionality related - ie a tool that used to work and no longer does, or some weird javascript error.

Your opinion (positive or negative) is not a bug. Please report comments and feeedback here.

2. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, this is weird!

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure what's wrong, but I'm unable to do anything in Firefox. I get this screen which looks rather wrong.

[​IMG]

I can only log this message as I went in again on IE, where I was still logged in, with everything looking exactly the same as before.

4. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    No problems with Firefox here.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Firefox fine here as well. Only early issue seems to be getting logged out for no apparent reason.

6. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    strange. been out and in again, and it only seems to be a problem on the home page.

7. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    What skin are you using Richard?

8. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    just two quick things the club: ________ thingy is now blank for everyone and the link to F.A.Q. is missing or i just cant find it.

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Clicking "My Profile" at the top brings me to what had been "My BigSoccer." Are we only able to access our own profiles by clicking on our own usernames in our posts? Also, the Buddy List seems to have disappeared, which was helpful for PMing people.

10. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Just to clarify since I didn't get this at first - user profile information next to avatars is missing some info - the club information shows up as blank, even though on the profile page it is displaying as "favorite team". Also moderator titles aren't showing.

11. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    spot on :)

edit:btw any idea if the quick links drop down will return bud?

12. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missing the option to set "posts per page". (I liked 40. Would enjoy an option for 50.)

On multi-page threads, missing a button or something to move to the last page.

If I'm on the last page, the "Next" button jumps to the first page. Shouldn't it be disabled?

Can we get the old, gold skin back? All of the MLSnet team skins are still there.

I would never think to comment on how much I dislike kicks taking up screen space. ;)

13. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    couldn't name it for sure as I can't pick it from the current list, but it's one of the standard ones - yellow background, dark blue boxes - you should be able to tell from the screenshot above.

None of the home/soccer store/england/europe/usa/americas/more links appear to work for me.

If I do select another style then it just changes back if I click and go somewhere else.

Post counts & rep have also reappeared.

I've also noticed that if I log out and then come back to bigsoccer, I'm automatically logged in. Is that normal? I don't normally ever logout, but I wanted to see if clearing cookies, as logging out claims to do, had any effect on the odd things I've seen. (no)

14. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Try logging out and logging back in.

15. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Log out, clear all your offline content (cookies, cache, history, etc.), close your browser, then restart it and log back in. Bet that does it.

16. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seconded.

17. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm told the set posts per page has not gone away permanently.

18. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Limited to 30 right now. What's the plan for the future limit?

"Location" now shows under the username/avatar. Will we get back team?

19. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm seeing your club - do you mean something else?

20. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. It's there under the BS skin, but it's not there under the MLSnet team skin.

Now to see if I can go back to that without having to logout ... again. :rolleyes:

21. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No such luck.

Could we get the skin-change drop-down menu back on a temporary basis while people experiment with the site? The menu is there on the MLSnet skins.

22. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Why does "BigSoccer Supporters' Guestbooks" appear under my nav bar "my bigsoccer" list when I don't subscribe to that board?

23. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question about the list of users currently in a forum ("Currently Active Users").

When I use the forum default skin on Firefox, I don't see the list.

When I use the Dynamo skin, also on Firefox, I can see the list. I can also see rep on each user's posts.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the list of users currently in a forum supposed to be gone?

Also, when I use the forum default skin, I only see the kicks where the user-selected icon for a thread used to be.

And when I use the Dynamo skin, then I don't see the kicks, but I do see the user-selected icons again.

I guess I have the same sort of question - am I supposed to be able to see both kicks and the user-selected icon, or just kicks?

Oh, just one more thing - I also seem to have lost my "mark this forum read" feature (using the forum default skin on Firefox).

24. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    are the kicks even working

every time i kick a thread and either change pages in the thread or leave it and come back...it resets the kick count to 1...even though i'd previously kicked it above 1.

25. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Will the BS Gold skin be back?

and for the time being I'm using the MLSnet skin because it's more appealing, but everytime I log off it returns back to the horrid white default one. Do I have to constantly keep logging on just to see the skin I've set the options to?