2010 CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by emp015, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    Re: 2010 CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers

imagine inviting colombian, brazilian or chilean friends over your house for the WCQs...:eek:

2. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

So is there anyway that DirectTV will follow suit and show qualifiers, even as a PPV service?? Anyone know? Or is this an exclusive Dish deal?

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Well, if that's the case then I apolozige. :D There's nothing wrong with a good Carmeniere if you're having a good asado, though. :)

Most of the next games will be during the week... that's pretty bad since most of the time I'll be getting out of school and all of the good bars are in the suburbs (good 30-40 minute drive). Makes it hard for me to get together with other people since everyone I know has different schedules during the week.

4. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Its a Dish Deal just like Direct TV has the NFL deal. Thank god I have Dish.

5. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

yeah, it's exclusive to DISH.

GolTV are closer to DISH than DirecTV. Plus, they already worked together the last qualifiers, remember? DISH had half of the rights with the GolTV crew narrating the games and pro-star/circuito cerrado had the other games.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Well I dont have enough friends that like futbol, the family that I do got here prefer to go to bars and watch it :(

7. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

With a name like yours I am not surprised.:D At least now we the consumer are presented with a choice. Instead of the crumbs we get to have the overpriced meat.

Sounds like a plan, especially since the following 2 games are free. Thanks Enzo!

8. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

How do we know this is an exclusive Dish deal
    I have directv this is weak

9. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

I don't know if it is exclusive,
    but DishTV showed several Brazil games on PPV in the last qualifier

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

I think I'll go to my Argentine friend's house and watch the games there (Brazil vs. Argentina, that is). :D

11. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

yeah, they had the home games for half of the teams with the GolTV guys narrating the games.

It's exclusive, guys. Change to DISH. :p

12. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I guess ill see the games in my friends house i'm not changing from directv to dish

13. crfamazonense

crfamazonense New Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Paris dos Trópicos

I hate my apartment complex man!!!! If it werent for their stupid ass contract with Directv I would already be on Dish Network. Can't wait to move into my new house in February so I can switch my service to Dish network which seems to be more soccer friendly. When I lived at my parents house they had dish network at home.

14. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

Dish network is the best!!!!!!!! Direct TV and Cable suck.

15. southamerican1984

southamerican1984 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 10, 2005

telemundo dara los partidos en diferido como la vez pasada?

16. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

No lo creo. Si alguien va a pasar partidos en diferido, va a ser GolTV.

17. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Comienzan a salir las listas. Riquelme, who's frozen by Villarreal, got called up by Coco Basile.

Kaká, Ronaldinho y Robinho convocados en Brasil
    http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/FutbolPortada/2007/09/27/DetalleNoticia94914.asp

Basile cita a Riquelme para choques de eliminatorias con Chile y Venezuela
    http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/FutbolPortada/2007/09/27/DetalleNoticia94915.asp

Bolivia convoca a treinta jugadores para partidos ante Uruguay y Colombia
    http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/FutbolPortada/2007/09/27/DetalleNoticia94912.asp

18. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela

www.jumptv.com already has a link promoting the SouthAmerican WCQ :)

19. DanielPeru

DanielPeru New Member

Sep 30, 2007

How do you know that....i heard they were only put matches from colombia...but who can tell a restauratn near pasadena to watch the match of peru vs paraguay arriba PEru!!!!

20. spepper

spepper Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Florida
    Club:
    Alianza Lima

This is my first post over here :)

I have a Slingbox in Lima, and although the upload speed is only 256Kb, at least i don't miss what happens in Peru or the world, "soccer"-speaking...

JumpTV offers the games a 480kb, would be interesting to try as well.

The best option has to be get together with a bunch of friends and PPV the game from Dish: Clear image and audio, plus a bbq and imported beer he he; or going to "decent" (?) local sports bar.

Just my 2c

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

So the quality of the games over the internet isnt that good??

Cause i am in the process of getting a new laptop and am making sure the damn thing can hook up audio/video so i can watch games over the net connected to my big screen!

22. spepper

spepper Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Florida
    Club:
    Alianza Lima

i don't know if you asked this specifically to me, but actually it depends on how fast the game signal is being broadcasted to the internet (upload speed)... you can get the fanciest machine with ultra-fast-high-speed internet, but you will still be dependant on the broadcaster upload speed.

For my slingbox is 256Kbps, quality most of the time like you see a youtube clip. But on the other hand I get the full peruvian tv programmes (sports, news, magazines, plus other world cable channels). I cannot get more speed b/c it would be waaayyy too expensive (business rate plans).

I have never tried JumpTV yet, but for what I have seen in the previews, is a little better (if in fact that's 480Kbps as they claim).

23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I see. So i assume that should be pretty good right? I am saying cause i dont got dish tv, and wont switch.

24. southamerican1984

southamerican1984 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 10, 2005

speper, how are you doing.
    could you please tell me about Slingbox? how much did you pay for it? once you bought it, do you have to pay for a service? is the signal very good? it is eassy to connect?
    thank you.

25. spepper

spepper Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Florida
    Club:
    Alianza Lima

I bought the Slingbox Tuner (you don't need the others) in amazon earlier this year (right now is about 110$), took it to Peru, hooked the Cable Magico and Speedy cables, and after configuring it, i was able to see Cable Magico Signal on my laptop (using the slingBox viewer).

You don't have to pay a monthly fee for the slingbox, however you have to have High Speed Internet in the states or wherever you are, and Cable Magico (not Direct TV, it has to be a coaxial connector) and High Speed Internet (Speedy) in Peru.

I could say as a user that I'm happy with it. Could it be better? Hell Yes!!! (frigging Telefonica) but this is since Speedy only allows a max of 256Kbps upload for residential service. I have all Cable Magico channels, don't miss any game in local championship, it helped me A LOT during the earthquake to know what the hell was happening in Peru, I can watch ESPNsp, FOXsp and GOLtv... what can I say. Hope Telefonica increases the upload speed someday for a reasonable price, then I will be even more and completely satisfied.