Sherman Cardenas !!!

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by pittsy1, Nov 25, 2006.

1. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford
    Sherman Cardenas!!!!!

Cardenas magnifico!

2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Sherman Cardenas!!!!!

What'd Cardenas do? Is he still playing in the Mustang?

3. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia

Yes, he´s still playing in Bucaramanga and will be in the U-20 South American Championship in colombian national team. Sherman Cárdenas is good but for me there is a better player in his position for this tournament: Javier Reyna, from América de Cali could be the number one in the midfield.

4. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005

They are both good, but i think that Reyna has toooooooo many ups and downs.... and disapears a lot from the game. While Cardenas is always important and has more character in the pitch.

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

When is that tournament and where is it played this year?

I have a feeling (after a quick googling) that the comment above refers to Cardenas' strong profile in video games as a youth prospect...

6. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia

It will be in Paraguay on January, but I don´t know when exactly.

7. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford

That is true in FM07 but i have also some of his videos and he is impressive

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

wasnt he going to real madrids youth squad? what ever happened to that?

9. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005

That is not a good Idea, how many players from the youth squad go to the first team in Real?

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Hey Diego,
    the tournament should take place on January 7-28. about Cardenas, he's a good player but I think Henry Rojas of Nacional will have a lot to say. he can be one of this national team stars along side Pablo Pino who's very good also.

11. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005

I heard Pablo Pino has not been on the first team because he got a big head after the caribean and central american games and has or had been drinking a bit too much.

I have not seen him nor can say this is true, its a rumor i heard.

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

well I heard something about it too, but you can't take his talent away. even tough we had too much talented players that their behavior was unacceptable, like palomo, Tino and Higuita. I saw Pino at the Toulon tournament and he's definitly very good player, but he needs to control himself quickly.

WWW.NUESTROFUTBOL.TV --PARTIDOS DE LA COPA MUSTANG EN VIVO!!! EL MEJOR SITIO WEB DEL MUNDO!!!!! :D

13. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia

Like you said, Pibe10, Henry Rojas is an excelent player and better person. Juan Pablo Pino is so talented too but he likes so much the parties, the girls. This behaviour could be send his talent to the dirt. I´m sad for Rojas´s injury. He will be one of the best colombian players.

14. pittsy1

pittsy1 New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    England, Salford

Valderamma at 17 or Cardenas at 32?

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

welcome pittsy.... but asking us who we'd pick over el Pibe is not a good question to ask colombians.... its like asking argentians if theyd choose any one over Mardona...

Only way to take Pibes mantle is for a player to single handly win a WC Maradona style for us.... but Pibe taught us futbol and lead us to 3 WCs.... that is going to be hard for us to forget.

I also wouldnt go so far as to compare him to Pibe.... Sherman is very very young and really hasnt done much he isnt even a starter on our youth team... he just had a very very good game when he was 15/16 against Nacional I think... that doesnt make him better than Pibe as for our youth players to keep track of are

Sub 21
    Rojas- Nacional he is the starter for shermans sport I believe.
    Ospina - our 1st choice youth goalie, Nacionals starter
    Libis Arenas - sub at Lazio goalie, was 1st choice now, 2nd because doesnt get much playing time
    Pablo Pino - god like mid fielder but has a few behavioral problems
    Quintero - great striker and starter for Tolima

Sub 23
    Cristian Zapata - starter at udiense,italy
    Fred Guarin - Sub at ST Ettiete, France. Very fast, rocket foot, MF
    Abel Aguilar - Sub at Udiense, Italy. former u21 Captain
    Daryo Moreno - Striker for Once Caldas
    Wason Renteria - Striker for Inter,Brasil
    Falcao Garcia - Striker for River Plate, Arg
    Valencia - MF might go to Spain

All these players are good but they r still young and havent developed... Colombia has a great youth system but for some reason our players never realize their potential. I think its due in some part that our players r poor and then get a big head when they make it like Rodagella did after he was named top scorer ever for the south american youth cup and had alot of teams asking for him, and the fact that European clubs wont sign our players unless they go to argentina 1st. We finished 3rd, 4th for 2 youth cups and none of our players were bought and all the brasilian, arg players were. We had the best striker in New Zeland and nothing.... I dont even no what happened to that kid.

16. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005

What are you talking about?????? This guy is his team.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

seguro se recuerda de un golazo que el pelao le metio a Nacional hace 2 años.....pero nada mas, ojala no se quede de promesa y brille en el suramericano de paraguay (falta 1 mes!)

18. riko_suave83

riko_suave83 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    London

crzdcolombian.... in Europe it is hard for colombian players becuase the majority of them will have no european ancestry, hence make them a non-eu player.
    In the main leagues like you can only have a certain amount of non-Eu players, in Spain you can only have 3!!! In England I think you can have up to four players however you must have a permit or something like that.
    The argentinians and brazilians have an advantage becuase footballers from those countries are third or four generation of european ancestry which means they can qualify for a Spanish, Italian or Portuguese citizenship straight away, so once the passport or paperwork is done they can become an Eu player and those footballers will be bought instantly.

Footballing teams will only buy players from colombia unless they knew they were that F**Kin good! I know it is a shame cause its not fair!!!

I mean think about it Mauricio Romero got offers from various teams in Europe so easily than other players and why is that? because his grandparents were Spanish decesdants meaning he is eligble to play on the grounds as an EU player!!!

Jorge Hererra of Millonarios can do the same thing as Romerito cause his grandad is Spanish but then what would be the point cause he's not all that anyways...lollol

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

o thanks for the heads up because I see all these chilean and uruguayan players going to europe and I am like WTF, they play against Colombia and cant even touch the ball and they are good enough to play for liverpool or villareal... while our players who are better have to stay in colombia

I didnt know about the whole EU thing riko, thanks for the heads up. Thought if u were foriegn ur foriegn and cant play... yea because I was confused why Real is tring to buy 2 Args if they can only field 3 non EU players and they have Robinho that doesnt look european and they bought some guy who should be the next roberto carlos from brasil.

Like what annoys me is Raphal Sobis is in Sevilla or Real Betis I forget and Rodagella did so much better in the Youth Cup than him. Mark Gonzalez in Liverpool, Matias Fernandez in Villareal. When players like Aguilar, Guarin, Toja, Rodagella,Valencia who did better didnt really go anywere. With the exception of Guarin and Zapata our whole sub 20 who were so promising so far havent really delevered. I mean Zuniga, Cassiera, Libis, Aguilar, Toja, Oltavaro were r these guys.

Toja hurt me teh most he was so promising and now nothing, at least Aguilar and Libis r in italy.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

good post, I just remember the case with Viafara (before he went to EPL)

they require that the player has a working permit, the permit is given only if you have so many minutes in the national team level. That is why Viafara had so many oportunities with Rueda's NT............:rolleyes: before he got the gig in england.

one more reason, Rueda's critics and the new comite ejecutivo remove him from DT

21. Atletico_fan

Atletico_fan New Member

Dec 19, 2006

de verdad gracias a riko_suave por la explicacion, yo ya habia preguntado lo mismo en otro foro y nunca recibi una explicacion tan clara, es triste saber q por nuestra desendencia criolla sea muy dificil para un colombiano ir al exterior, y lo q decia crzdcolombian de la situacion del real madrid, es muy distinta por que higuain tiene doble nacionalidad, franco- argentina, y gago desendencia italiana y con lo cual dejaria una plaza libre al proximo roberto carlos (marcelo) aunque ya lo habia fichado y no se sabia si lo cederian a un equipo chico para q creciera como jugador, o ponerlo a jugar en el filial, si todo sale como se espera los extracomunitarios (creo que se les dice asi) serian robinho, marcelo y diarra.

Pd. sobis is at the real betis, i love this player but he's not in a great team, estan teniendo muchos problemas y estan al final de la tabla al borde del descenso, pero estoy de acuerdo tambien en que todos esos jugadores nombrados son de mucha calidad y deberian estar dando de que habalr en europa.
    aupa atleti

22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Is there any talk of Cardenas moving anywhere? I am excited to see him play in the Juventud tourney and see what all the fuss is about!

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Cardenas was said to being to Real Madrid b... but that was a last yr.. think he will prob go to a europe or argentina if he does well in paraguay but the thing is I dont think he is a starter for the sub 20 think rojas of Nacional is.

24. Snatch_81

Snatch_81 New Member

May 21, 2005

How did he play in the Sudamericano Sub-20? Don´t think played much tough.. I heard something about him scoring for his club team. How has he developed the last year? Hope you soon get some of your best players to Europe, so we can see what the colombian players can acchieve. I know Freddy Guarin are playing in France, are he doing well there?

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

he scored a goal against Venezuela in the U-20, but didn't really play, was a sub through the whole tournament, but he is only like 17 or so. He just scored with Bucaramanga in the FPC (colombian league), I've heard goog commments about him as a player. We'll see how he develops.