Post-Game Thread: 5/19 Dynamo v Revs [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, May 19, 2007.

1. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Sigh.

More on this later.

2. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    its the same crap just different day and team. how long are we going to take this 0-1 crap? and hear execuses?

The bottom line is that the team is not working and something needs to be done about our DP situation.

3. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

dero did not do crap he was a no show thru out the game one time he had the ball and lost it and just stood there did trying to run and get the ball. the guy sitting next to keep complaine how dero was just standing around for the love of god he is a mid fielder and he needs to run up and down the field.

I say trade him now!!!! and bring Veron or someone from europe and use our DP NOW!!!!!!!!!!

4. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

What is the second to last word in your post? I am trying to think of a cuss word with the 9 letters missing ending in "ing" and i can't come up with it.

5. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been my opinion as to the decline in DeRo's form and contributions. The guy is a professional, and I just can't see him thinking about his contract in the middle of games. Joseph for NE is going through a situation with his, but he still works his tail off.

It would have been nice if Ching could have put one of those headers on net. He got pretty good service 3 or 4 times. Still, we can't expect to be winning games simply from set pieces. I thought Clark was absolute workhorse, he seemed to be everywhere and at the start of every attack. Shame about not getting the goal, but Reis made a game changing save on the chip. Ngwenya needs to find a way not to be offsides 6 times in the first half, but I thought he really hustled and caused some problems for NE's defense. Whether he's the answer to that position or not remains to be seen.

Ashe is superfast and played with a lot of heart. He got beat pretty bad defensively a couple of times there towards the end though. I suspect he'll be on the field more for the coming games though. Another unlucky result for the team. How many balls did Onstad have to save..like 2??

6. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DeRo is injured and it's probably affecting his game. Maybe he should take a couple of weeks off to heal?

Ashe is listed as a M/F and was subbed in last night for Barrett. He showed why he should stay up top. Fast, and good crosses but we can't confuse him with a defender. That guy he checked into the boards would probably disagree with me but otherwise he isn't a defender.

7. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You obviously just can't give up the first goal and allow your road opponent to pack it in on our narrow field. It is just death.

DeRo was ball watching on their goal. He was outside Joseph by 10 yards, standing. Only when the ball deflects out to the top of the box does he react -- but it was too late. That was his man that scored and he should have anticipated and moved next to Joseph before the ball was ever crossed.

This is DeRo's biggest problem. He is only dangerous when he has the ball. He is not moving well off the ball either defensively or offensively -- and their seems to be laziness factor seeping into his game.

Don't get me wrong -- I love that guy. He is the reason I first started going to games. Exciting, fast, powerful, skillful. This year though it is just not there.

8. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Im tired of hearing all this about its early and we dont have to worry.

Well let me remind you that Dallas will 14 points ahead if the win tonight and they gap between us and the top is growing every week.

The dynamo biggest mistake was not upgrading their team while other teams up grade theirs. Not using the DP because of ignorance because they though they could repeat with the same team is hurting them now. I guess we will get use to be in the bottom of the celler.

9. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Sigh.

I thought I was ready to give an analysis Figopimp style, but I'm still too stunned. However, if I did do an analysis it would include incisive questions like who was on the field wearing DeRo's and Mullan's shirts? They sure weren't playing like DeRo and Mullan.

I would also ask, donde las crosses? I remember a long time ago crosses would fly from Davis and Mullan while breaking it up with cutting runs from DeRo. Sure, we had great possesion and controled the game. But you cain't score if ya don't shoot.

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to give my analysis on the game. Some people liked the all-orange outfits, but sometimes I mistook them for orange cones with all the standing around from some players.

I'm thinking my new favorite Dynamo is Rico. I don't think he gets enough props. We need to clone him.

I am glad to see not too much complaining about our D. Unlucky goal, with some cones standing around.

I now leave you with 2 words for you to ponder: Kelly Gray.

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you guys don't mind a Revs fan posting ...

We absolutely sucked last night, and stole three points. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying their asses off.

Obviously, I'm happy to take the three points, but that was just an ugly ugly game by the Revs. Not saying the field was fully to blame, but the first touches from everyone (even some on your side) were awful. We couldn't seem to control the ball in the least.

Ching had some good chances, just couldn't put anything away (fortunately for us). You guys dominated the game ... just lost to a team that's got a pretty good defense, and arguably the best keeper in the league.

Personally speaking, I just wish the Revs had shown more offense, but that's hard to do when you keep giving the ball away. :eek:

12. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two questions for you:
    1.) Would you like a Forward or a Midfielder? Every post you go one way and the following post the other way, can't have both way's. You do know Dero has been hurt and was before this game even started?

2.) What kind of math are you using?

But I have to agree with you that the team did not upgrade while the rest of the league did is hurting them now.

13. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good call, Joe. Repped.;)

14. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My match report is linked on the media coverage thread, if Anderson doesn't mind, I will also link it here, only because Dom did mention after the match that DeRo picked up a quad injury in pregame warmups, which is why we saw that strange substitution of Kelly in to join Davis as AM in the 3-5-2.

15. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

Some of you asked why I got the yellow card. This is the moderator from the Revs forum that hammered me with two 7 point violations which led me to the yellow card.

16. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Except for the corner kicks, I don't remember BDavis doing a whole lot. Mullan wasn't himself. He wasn't crossing the ball like he normally does. When he did actually cross it, the Chinger was getting the ball 12 yards from goal. I know Ching is a god with his head, but 12 yards away is a long way to head the ball. Mullan usually puts those ball 6-8 yards from goal and Ching buries them in the net.

They are off.

17. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    maybe its time we put dero up top?

18. Siamonoi

Siamonoi New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Houston
    I have respect for everyone on this board. Especially since I know none of you personally, and since conversation on the internet is often skewed.

That being said, I need to raise this question. How long have you, rickker20, been following this team? De Rosario was, in my opinion, our best player last year. He is unanimously regarded as one of the very best in the league. There were many games where he carried the team by the scruff of the neck when things didn't look so good. Therefore, I can't fathom why you are saying that because of a bad start this season we should trade him. Can't you see anything outside of the present? All athletes, regardless of who they are, enter slumps. I think we would be making a huge mistake to jeopardize De Rosario's future, considering the amazing history he has had with this club, over his current form in six out of seven games this season.

19. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

20. SergentOrange

SergentOrange New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Spring
    #1- If you trade DeRo then watch the team really come apart and fast. For a guy the gets the heck pounded out of him just about every game he deserves more than a "Trade Him" comment from the teams supporters.
    #2- Gee wiz we are in a slump and we are not really making it better for the team when we are sitting there for 15 minutes not cheering our heads off. Anyone notice the turn around in the teams attitude change when we finally started cheering. I had heard 2 main reasons why we were not cheering and they were, In memory of Sam (I am willing to bet he would of wanted us cheering the whole time), and number 2- In protest of the quazi police action. Either way that begining 15 minutes of silence kinda killed moral because I bet the Dynamo thought it was because we were not gonna support them.
    #3- It is time for a strategy change and some finishing drills for the team. I was happy to see the NgWeyna was being a hard charger and trying to win the ball, but as we all know he needs to be better with his control of the ball when he has it.
    #4- Something tells me we will have a turn around of this slump when we face Dallas on June 3rd. All the guys know that a tie will not do it, the only way is a win. WOW talk about pressure on the Dynamo team and staff huh. Lets give Dallas something to fear when they walk onto OUR FIELD. Let the I-45 Shoot Out Begin.

21. Luperocha

Luperocha New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm wondering if the people that are totally bashing the Dynamo right now, once the Dynamo get going, are they gonna be on the bandwagon again? There's no problem in criticizing, that's why we're fans, but to call them out like that, well, it does not seem to be constructive at all. I could be wrong in my observation, I don't know.

22. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003

23. SergentOrange

SergentOrange New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Spring
    You are right on....

24. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I've said this before. And we all know I repeat myself ad infinitum, so here I go again:

There were a few games last year where that was the case. There were also quite a few where it looked like he had given up on or become disgusted with some of his teammates. Add to that the infamous broken down contract renegotiations and I can see how even the most devoted of professionals can develop a bad attitude. Or maybe a string of nagging injuries that keep effecting his play.

I have to wonder if he hasn't started to see greener pastures over some fence or another.

25. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Maybe, maybe not. We don't know for sure what he's like these days. He may have suffered some cranial swelling over the last few months and there may be a party after he cleans out his locker. On the other hand, he may still be a team leader that everybody loves. Either way, getting word out of Dom's locker room will be impossible.
    2. My opinion on this has made me a good deal less popular in the last couple of weeks. (Some people don't get esprit de'cour.) Oh well, easy come, easy go...
    3. Finishing drills until the drop! And then some more while they're on the ground. Wake 'um up at 3 in the morning and don't let them go home until sundown!!1!!111!!!!!1! (Okay, I'm agreeing with you. They seem to need this more then anything.)
    4. I hope that's the case. We can't afford the damage a loss would do the point totals. Now do the two teams may care about the rivalry!