Post-Game Thread: 5/16 Dynamo @ TFC [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by anderson, May 16, 2007.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref sucked!™

© 2006-2007 nobius enterprises. All rights reserved.

3. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why was he wearing a mountee hat :confused:

4. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Der Schirri war Scheiße !! TM

5. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank God they did not hand out free Toilet Seats!!

6. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    FC Dallas used to pass out toilet seats at Dragon Stadium because that was the ultimate toilet bowl!

7. Vicious Lhasa Apso

Vicious Lhasa Apso New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    The Dynamo are dining out this evening on some TFC, extra crispy. After all, Dichio is not the only player on Canada's newest team who bites (he says, returning to the well once more).

8. sixandempanada

sixandempanada New Member

May 16, 2007
    houston
    im new here , im pissed , and i bleed orange

tonight is like watching an old oiler game, so many chances with no cheese.....sorry for this to be my first but ive traded in my arsenal love for the home town team .....moose

9. EnoDna

EnoDna New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Houston
    Re: im new here , im pissed , and i bleed orange

heheh it's funny you mentioned that...i was thinking to myself while watching this game..."the Dynamo are now truly a Houston professional sports team" I saw the Houston Oilers, the Astros and the current Rockets style of play. Once behind...always behind. I thot when we came back in last years final that that bad luck was snapped, but i guess i spoke to soon then.

10. Luperocha

Luperocha New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sooooooooo, how 'bout them Dynamo.:confused:

11. sixandempanada

sixandempanada New Member

May 16, 2007
    houston
    Re: im new here , im pissed , and i bleed orange

might as well call the 75th min the 4th in nfl... btw what the f%$k was with charlie's tie in the booth ... it looked like a cover from an old traffic album cover....moose

12. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    they were a enbarresment to our city losing to a expansion team. Dero was a no show leave his ass in toronto. Kinner rather lose 1-0 instead of taking out a defender and putting in another forward to try to score and maybe losing 2-0.

13. EnoDna

EnoDna New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Houston
    Did Dom just say he was proud of the way the guys were playing?:confused:

14. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ching - Played pretty well. Toronto did a good job of cutting off his service in front of the net.

Ngwenya - Blew 3 golden chances. Ill give him credit for getting in position, but his touch let him down on the first two, and on the third he just missed.

DeRosario - MIA. If hes sulking over his contract, either give him what he wants or trade him.

Davis - Best player for the Dynamo.

Clark - Uneven play. Was poor at times in the first have, did better in the seconds half.

Mullan - Could not get into the flow of play. Had moments though.

Mulrooney - Solid at right back.

Barrett - Solid at left back.

Robinson - Solid in the center.

Cochrane - Just not good enough.

Onstad - Solid in goal with a very nice stop on that 1v1.

Sub:

Holden - Had one notable sequence, then dissapeared.

Coach:

Dom - i dont understand subbing Holden for Ngwenya. Still makes no sense to me.

15. flint

flint New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Sugar Land
    The refs may have sucked, but so did we. It's long season, but let's hope this is the bottom. We screwed up every set piece and had no prolonged duels at the goal, where speed and reaction counts. The Dynamo was looking back at the Denver win and got caught looking forward to Saturday night against the Revolution. All signs point to a lack of maturity. Real champions don't lose to the underdogs.

16. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many more games like this one before a "Fire Kinnear" thread shows up at BS? :p

17. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall, the team just seems liike they need a kick in the ass. A hard kick.

18. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Cluck the clucking cluckers :mad:
    Just cluck them !!!

We played great and we had our chances, that's the beautiful game for ya'
    sometimes the goal won't go in. whatcha gonna do :rolleyes:

I love my Dynamo and I'm a proud supporter !!!

p.s.

WWUUOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHAA

WUUUUUUUUAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAHAA:(

We lost !!
    Why we lose !!

wwwuuuuuuaaaahhhhhhhhaaahhhhhhahhahahahha

Mommy

WUUUUUUUAAAHHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAA

19. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Very hard game to play in but it was a close one.

Good game guys.

20. Vicious Lhasa Apso

Vicious Lhasa Apso New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    I'd be tough on Ngwenya for his near-throw-in finishing, but he came closer to scoring than anyone save Davis. For his efforts he gets yanked and we stick Mullan up top who gets called offsides 20 times. Sort of like one of those dilemma games you play as a kid: would you rather slide down a razor blade into alcohol or have all the hair on your body removed with duct tape? Would you rather be onsides and have Ngwenya put it nowhere near on cage, or just be offsides so you don't get your hopes up?

You have to put the ball on net to score. The only dangerous ball on net I recall was Davis' bent free kick.

With the exception of getting back on Esky to save a goal, Clark played poorly.

The backline was shaky and their fouling penchant cost us the goal.

After playing the ball to feet last week we returned to longballing and crossing and the results went back to default. I don't understand playing high balls against a team that basically had height going for it on the back line. We played into their strength. Ching was abusing Boyens when he had the ball at his feet, and Ngwenya was dangerous on through balls. But we all too often bombed it forward or took it to the endline.

DeRo did fine; I think he benefits from good hold-up play and that was not there tonight, often hasn't been this season.

And my highest contempt for the evening goes to Dom for basically tossing another three points away a la New York with indifferent coaching. Stewie hasn't shown anything since ... last year, and Mullan up top? Disaster. No subsequent subs, down a goal and not looking real dangerous. Trust me, playing someone 20 minutes tonight will not hurt us this weekend. He went through the motions as much as some of his players did.

21. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks Bro. til' we meet again :cool:

22. flint

flint New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Sugar Land
    It seems to me Ngwenya was trying too hard to impress. He has great speed and entusiasm which, hopefully will make him a terrific asset this season.

23. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    I agree. And Dom not subbing anyone out other than Ngwenya is just the opposite of the kick in the ass that I'd like to see. Put some of the other guys in - it's hard to believe they could do worse. And even if you lose that game, maybe it will light a fire under the regulars to work harder and focus, to remind them that they don't have their positions guaranteed.

Yes, Houston generated quite a few chances in the first half. But in the second half they didn't seem that dangerous. Particularly in the last 20 minutes, I swear if you didn't know the score it would have been hard to tell that Houston was losing.

24. #1TFC

#1TFC Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Section 123
    You guys have a good team. Tonight the soccer gods were with us but I can see based on how your team plays that the wins will soon come.

:)

25. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blah blah blah blah. I love the Dynamo so everythings great! Whee!

The team has 4 goals in 6 games. Almost goals count for nothing.