Official: Brasil vs. Chile - Mar. 24 in Sweden (R)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ELADO, Mar 24, 2007.

1. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    tick tuck .. the moment of truth!!

2. Jerzeslugga

Jerzeslugga New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Galloway, New Jersey
    Re: Brazil vs. Chile, Mar. 24 & vs. Ghana, Mar. 27 [R]

what stadia is this?

3. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

Chile is playing tough! we can't take this game lightly... beat them good now so they dont have any cofidence in Copa against us!

damn kaka!!!!!!!!!!1 should have scored

4. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

goooooooool ronaldinho penalty 1-0

5. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

goal dinho penalty.. that was harsh.. questionable call but goal anyways

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

Nice little heel pass by the Chileans; nice dribble by the bald Chilean.

Robinho on the pitch... the Chilean number 2 kneed Robinho. Kaka with another heel pass - that's the 3rd heel pass I've seen today.

The call may have been harsh, but the referee had pulled a Brazilian and a Chilean aside giving them warnings.

7. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

chileans are playing rough.. they are kicking robinho instead of the ball thats why they will lose!

8. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland

I think they're in Gotenburg (sp) Sweden.

A bit harsh with the penalty kick IMO, but at the same time, the Chilean player was warned twice about it and the second one was very flagrant with the shirt pull in the area in front of the ref.

So far, Fred's looked very good and dangerous - he's returning to his pre-injury best. All the best chances have been created by him. Kaka seemed a bit dis-oriented at times. Ronaldinho Gaucho looks better today too, and I like Robinho tracking back and linking well with the midfield. We'll see how long this lasts though.

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

The same one which hosted the 1958 World Cup final. In other words, Robinho, Kaka, and Ronaldinho Gaucho are showing their stuff on the pitch where Pele and Garrincha awed the world nearly 50 years ago.

Nice shot by Robinho. Corner... wasted. Chilean ball.

10. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    nice move and shot from the little diamond ROBINHO

11. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

goooooooooooooooooooooooooool 2-0 brazil :D kakaaaaaaa

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Kaka! nice goal.

Long pass from the defense to the Brazilian right-wing man... with a cross to Kaka, 1-2 play.

13. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    great goal from kaka!

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Where's the Chilean #2 who kneed Robinho in the back? LOL

15. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Terrific goal and play from the right side... exquisite finish by Kaka. 2-0.

You knew Brasil would tally at least one more within the past 5 minutes after Robinho's good link-up with Kaka outside the box. Chile's leaving too many holes in the defense when they're pushing up.

16. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Nice nutmeg from the Chilean player on a sliding Fred...

a bit choppy. Nothing happening. Chile trying to establish some comfortable rhythm, but are coming up empty handed.

The announcers I'm hearing have been off since the kick-off, saying Chile had started brigheter, etc. but Brasil looked more dangerous and actually created more chances before the pk. Brasil is exploiting the wings, really pretty basic.

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Are you watching it live on FSC or following a livestream?

I give credit to Chile as they have not stopped trying to reach Brazil's net. They just had a set piece which a Chilean headed - about 15 feet above the Brazilian crossbar.

Gilberto, number 6, down. Isn't this the same Gilberto who scored against Japan in the World Cup? The man looked like he had just won the lottery. LOL

18. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Gilberto down... he definitely hurt his knee. Hopefully it's just a small knock to it, but it looked slightly twisted. Too bad - he was doing a pretty good job on the left side getting up and down. I don't think there was any malice in the play.

19. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I have it on FSC.

I give them credit too - I think they're being pretty creative in trying to crack the Brazilian defence on set pieces and even out wide. But they're leaving large parts of the field open for the counter, so hpefully Brasil will exploit it more.

Gilberto's hilarious - same one. Odd though because he's a little older!

20. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Nice piece of skill by Kaka! But Robinho was off-side. If Robinho had read the play better, it would have been an easy goal.

21. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Suazo got behind the defense, he was a little off-sides but no call. Lucio recovers anyway and kicks it away.

Ronaldinho lazily loses the ball. I finally agree with the announcer on something :) ROnaldinho doesn't look like he's completely giving his all. He's playing better though than his recent matches and definitely the WC.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This match isn't over yet, but I can't help but think that Ghana will be a tougher test for Brazil. Ghana was tough at the World Cup (if I recall, they defeated the Czech Republic and manhandled the USA) even though Brazil beat them 3-0. They were without one of their key players, no?

And, there's always the revenge factor.

23. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Half-time- 2-0 Brasil, goals by Ronaldinho Gaucho and Kaka.

Not a bad game, actually. There's plenty of attacking play, it's not extremely choppy nad it isn't loaded with fouls. I've seen some neat skill and tricks on the ball by both sides, especially from Robinho, Fred and Kaka. Elano and Gilberto Silva have been quiet but maybe that is a good thing. Lucio's done well in the back as has Fred. Gilberto's playing well and while Daniel Alves hasn't been pushing up much, he did fantastic to set-up Kaka's goal.

It will be interesting to see who comes in for the second half. Diego? Maybe Kleber? I'm not a big Ricardo Oliveira fan though... I think he's overrated, in general. But then again maybe he's better than Vagner Love.

24. Robinho#1

Robinho#1 New Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Canada
    This game is really good. The stand out players in my opinion are Kaka, Daniel Alves and Gilberto (he is the one covering Robinho right?). Kaka has been linking up with different people alot I hoped that play he made with Fred would of been a goal if Robinho didnt mess it up.

Daniel really suprised me (I dont watch his team Sevilla but people say he dives alot for that team) but anyways he is good offensively and is defensive skills arent bad either. He has one some balls the one that stands out in my mind is the one that he tracked all the way forward for and stole it from the Chilian forward.

Ronaldinho is started off well and than kind of faded but he looks/playing alot better than the times I have seen him for Brazil. Brazil's defense overall is good but I wish Naldo had a chance to play today. Fred..........wow what can I say I didnt notice him at ALL. Robinho started off crappy for the first 10 minutes or so and than started to play well. He has been linking up with Gilberto alot and they had a couple of one-twos between each other. His overall awareness needs to improve though.

25. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Ghana will be tougher - no doubt I agree. They were without Michael Essien for that match too, who is their best player. The Czechs in the WC faded though after the high of beating the USA, losing handily to Italy and Ghana afterwords. But Ghana was a bit fortunate to come away from the USA game with a win.

I think Brasil should do well against Ghana though. IMO the Selecao didn't play that impressive in the entire world cup, and even though they looked woeful at times with out of form Ronaldo and Adriano, they still managed to put three past them.