NSR/Off Topic #4

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by red & wite army, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

Previous NSR Thread

The other thread is almost past its 400 post mark, so please continue to post in this new thread. Thanks;)

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha who make R & W modorator? I got on here today and he's completely re-organised the board!! :D

Oh and can i just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our other moderator - lol Johnny its his birthday today!

appleCORR

3. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haha, tis holidays and I thought I'd just do a little to help out.

Happy Birthday J, I hope its as good as I'm hoping mine to be!:p

Gave you guys seen this? It is pretty funny:

Funny Penalty

4. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nomination for Apple and Red for Mods :eek:

5. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While watching Lazio playing in their Puma shirts that get soaking wet like a wet t-shirt competition, I remembered Apple saying that she loves wearing her Puma Italy shirts. Now I put two and two together, and I was wondering if you got a few youtube vids of you doing some particularly strenuous tricks (in which you sweat heavily) in hopefully the white away shirt?!!!:D

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL!!!!!!! ;)

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    word, what the hell are the puma shirts made of?

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Man. I know this is a NSR thread, but seriously....

9. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Wow, R&W, u may have to start moderating ur teenage libido!
    Im not saying he ain't right, im just saying somethings are more socially acceptable thought yet never said.
    Sexual Harrassmemnt in the workplace is bad, but in the home (and lets be honest, Apps lives on here:p ).
    Speaking of such harrassment, I work with loads of 18-21 year old girls, so I know all about keeping ones darker male thoughts to oneself. Oh and all that stuff about aghe being an issue goes out the pan once everybody turns adult at 18;)

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I feel sorry for the girls you work with. You are a pervert. I bet they stand and talk about you and not in a good way!

appleCORR

11. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, um now this may sound like a rubbish excuse, but other than the fact that I had consumed too much alcohol on an empty stomach last night, I'm not totally sure why I even said that?!:eek: Anyway, sorry for saying that...its pretty sick and out of character for me. ('feeling embarrassed').:(

12. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    :eek: OUCH:eek:

Did I get your wrath for summit R&W said, or for summit else I said in the past!

There, there, my poor poor hurt little feelings

13. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Holy fu%k thats pretty much as bad as life can get. I mean obviously not but u get what I mean....

15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I'm in a pretty bad mood about it. I remember watching Portsmouth play last year and he scored and he ran to the corner to celebrate, and I thought to myself, 'oh whose this new guy?' He was then obviously released after Pompey had that rubbish manager for a while, but he is not some no name either. He is a very succesful Uruguayan international. And to top it off, I googled to find out some more,and I see a picture of him in Pompey uniform with his weight on his right leg.:(

16. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    fricks sake, r and w is a warm blooded male like the rest of us

apple is quite hot, it goes without saying man and he was only playin...its more of a compliment than anything

dont chastise a 17 year old male for joking

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ps about silva, does it make any diff hes a footballer?

in england a 5 month old girl was savaged and killed by 2 rottweilers

it seems if u are moderately famous, your death deserves more coverage

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...People don't care about a 5 month old girl they've no connection to, but a footballer who's entertained us...I mean lets be honest, in our lifetimes most likely our childhood favourite will die, especially if u old enough to have loved Gazza (who frankly can't have long left), and I for one will care about that alot more about any of the thousand tragedies that will never affect me directly. Ain't being harsh, it's derivative of the old "does a falling tree make sound if no1 hears it" philosophy Q, sure it's horrible for people involved, but it'd happened b4 I picked up the paper/turned on the news, until that point hadn't had a noticeable bearing on my life, and in 5 mins I won't even remember it....

Im not so people friendly after being savagely attacked earlier!

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think people do care about a 5 month old girl that they have no connection too. I nurse dying people i have no connection too. I don't know them, i sometimes dont have anything in common. But what i do see is when people pass away is the pain and suffering of their loved ones. And thats what people have a connection with the loss of loved one.

I actually found that comment quite offensive.

I think everyone should care about it whether they knew the child or not. I mean lets face it. If someone had of mentioned the ex pompy players name would you have gone 'ahh he was a great player' to be perfectly honest. I can't remember him. But it doesnt mean i don't feel sorry for what has happened.

Thats just my 2 pence worth i dont want to get the board down. Just had to say my piece.

appleCORR

20. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...in light of Apps offence, I'd like to quickly clarify. Im not saying it's right, just the way the world is. And I for one am intrigued by stories about people I know or have heard of, whereas think the media have a propensity to exploit tragedy to move units in a way that I believe is perverted. Is it really good journalism reporting that ie violent animals are dangerous to vulnerable prey? Or is it moreso sensationalism highlighting horrific events because that's what the consumer desires???

My point is actually that yes, the more famous you are, the more your life has affected more people, so the more impact it will have on more people, hence it warrants more coverage.

When I say "I don't care" I don't mean that literally, just theres too much negativity in life, which is illustratedly too short, and I'd probably rather live in ignorance of as much of the predictable tragedy (that I can't change beyond efforts I'd already make) as possible...

21. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    haha, you guys just keep digging your holes deeper and deeper.

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    ...I know, and I don't even have a JCB license yet!

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i wouldnt say silvas life affected many people here anyway

ah well, shame whats happenened, lets keep it moving

24. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    On a lighter note, it is my Birthday on Thursday and my two Arsenal shirts from Ebay that my parents are giving mestill haven't arrived...

25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: Happy B-Day but Arsenal cmon :rolleyes: ;) T14 is the only good player there.