Brut(Cologne) and the kind of men who wear it!!!!

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by UltraViseu, Aug 4, 2006.

1. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It takes a special kind of man to wear Brut. It is the colgne of writers, poets, and renaissance men of all kinds. What kind of man are you? Are you a Brut man?

Brut is a range of perfumed grooming products which now include aftershave balms and deodorant, designed for men, first introduced by Faberge in 1964. Packaged in the classic green glass bottle and silver-coloured medallion, it was viewed as a quality product.1

In 1968 a budget range was marketed as Brut 33 because it contained 33% of the fragrance of the original product2 and was packaged in cheaper plastic bottles. This was described as a "lighter fragrance"1. Faberge was taken over by Unilever in 19781, and transferred to the Ponds division in 19892. There the whole Brut 33 range took over the name Brut2. The Faberge version became "Brut Classic by Faberge" and retained its distinctive packaging2. In 2003, the brand was purchased by Idelle Labs, a division of Helen of Troy Limited 1.

The star of the 1970s United Kingdom advertising campaign was boxer Henry Cooper who used the slogan "splash it all over". Kevin Keegan also appeared in this campaign in 1976.

The footballer Paul Gascoigne also starred in an advertising campaign. Domestic violence allegations by his wife led to negative publicity which reflected badly on the Brut brand as the ironic reference to Brut / Gascoigne being a "brute" followed.

So, do you Brut?

[​IMG]

2. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Uhm, no. I'm not fond of smelling like a $5 gigolo. :D

3. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    :eek:
    What an awful cologne!!! It just smells alcohol....And the name doesn't help as well. BRUT, Brutus...

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I go for Aqua de Gio...

Though sometimes I just go with some old spice-pure sport deodorant spray, which works fine.:cool:

5. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Brut is the cologne of choice for Brokeback cowboys.

6. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I don't use anything....i am always A Naturel!!!:D

7. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    ULTRA.....i have a trademark on these type of title threads. I like the fact that you are using it, but at least you should have asked!!!;)

8. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    How is it to use the after shave Old Spice? Do you jump when you put it? Does it burn? :D That's pure alcohol too!!

9. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Right on! Real men don't wear cologne.

Os homens qurem-ce a cheirar mal. :D

10. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    Isso é mito. Deus me livre. Já basta nos autocarros e metro. É de fugir....Que se seja "au naturel" tudo bem, mas nunca alérgicos à água...:eek:

11. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I thought it was only the Fronch that went "au naturel"?

12. UltraViseu

UltraViseu Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

What can I say you inspired me.....my ultimate favorite colognes and the ones I wear exclusivelly are
    Cologne by Thierry Muggler:(Summer and Spring)
    [​IMG]

D&G (Witer and Fall)
    [​IMG]

13. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I have a bottle of DG......it has lasted 4 years now!!!

Au Naturel!!!! I take a bath everyday, but i ain't poring no raccoon sperm all over me. Do you guys know how these companies make this shit??? It would make you sick!!!

14. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No. Deodorant old spice.

[​IMG]

It's great stuff. Much better than Axe.

15. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    I never thought about how they make cologne. However, I am now imagining thousands of racoons tied down and these robots with little hands and PlayRacoon magazines...

16. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Its not alot of fun for them......I would never wear another animals seeman even if that made me more attractive!!!

Jizzy!!!

17. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    Unfortunatelly the cosmetic industry tests their products on animals with the exception of Body Shop and O Boticário. I can imagine using animals for all the other products like lipstick, roll-on deodorants, etc. How is it for colognes or perfumes? Do you mean the fragance or the rest of the composition?

18. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    That is why my wife only shops at Body Shop!! If i wanted to kiss a Skunk i would have married one!!

I saw a show on Discovery and most of these beauty products are made from jizzy of animals...i kid you not!!

19. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    I just know some people on buses or subway really smell, especially in hot days. At least they could use a deo roll-on....

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Really:eek: How do they extract this from them. Is it painfull or are they lining up for a message:eek: :D :D

21. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    I don't doubt!!!
    I am a big fan of Body Shop as well!!! They really have nice products.

22. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Ou um Calipo de limao!!:D

23. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Racoon blow up dolls?

24. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    My mind is going to the gutter. :( :(

25. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I can see it now, little raccoons given playboy magazines and put in little rooms with a little cup. When is all of this going to end !!!!!:D