Amado accused of racist remark

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Shaydee, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    If this is true, Guevara should be heavily fined and censured for it. We can't allow that kind of vile behavior in MLS. Racism is disgusting and has no place in our league.

3. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Maybe he should repeat the remark to Wynne and Buddle. You know, get a second and third opinion.

Then we can sign a new midfielder while he spends the rest of the season in traction.

4. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And maybe we should indeed hire Isiah Thomas (sp?) to teach him a thing or two about whether to act like a racist mother&*&er.... if this was truly the case....

5. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the whole Novak mess (oh, we don't have a GM to concoct a cover story. Damn damn damn), I'll wait until judgment comes down

But just add one more thing to dislike about our petulant little midfielder if this is true.

6. Red Bull Wings

Red Bull Wings New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    my own little world
    You know, for a player with such creative potential on the pitch, Guevara always seems to get involved with some incident each season that leads to controversy. I'm almost not surprised to hear about these allegations coming from Aamado although they are yet to be confirmed as 100% true. Guevara deserves serious punishment if it is true including suspension. There is no place for that in soccer or anywhere else.

7. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    The Nowak situation he should have a suspension for a game

If Guevara is found guilty he should also get a suspension.

No one is above the rules and sadly Nowak got away with it.

And if a certain DC supporter/newspaper reporter in Beau Deur sends me one more P.M. about this and or any topic that involves Guevara, Nowak or DC & doesn't show his face & have the balls to enter his opinion on this topic I will contact the moderators and ask them to suspend you for harrassment.

8. BadaBing

BadaBing New Member

Aug 25, 2005

I don't know if this is true or not, I just find extremely interesting that within a matter of a month or so, two people from the same organization claim "attack by racial slur" -- this after ten season of virtually nothing of the sort. I do not mean to minimize anything of the sort. I just find it strange that in both cases, the tree fell in the forest but nobody was around to hear it.

9. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would like to say that this is the only league that I know of where there is more racism on the field than in the stands. LOL intereting anthopology/sociolgy thesis opportunity!

10. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    DC fan, huh? RBNY fans don't walk in lockstep like DC fans do. If one of our players does something disgusting, we don't become blind apologists.

It hasn't been proven yet that Guevara made racist comments, but you won't find anyone around here making excuses for him either.

11. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

New England-I forget which player called one of his teammates the N word.

DC-two players accused of rape

MLS, because it's not covered so much, sweeps this stuff under the rug and us BS losers are the only one's that know about it. We finally have a team that gets proper coverage from their local media. That's why we are hearing about it.

12. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So....what did he actually say?

13. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Now that he's got the green card, does AG have a misconception about what attitude he should take as a new gringo?

14. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Just cut & paste the PM & out the SOB!

15. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
  16. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    When I saw the title of the thread, I figured he made one of those tasteless Dennis Rodman-type jokes about the mormons. I didn't think it would be this.

The guy's been here 4 years and it figures that the only English word he can say is the n-word. :rolleyes:

I can't see Williams misunderstanding what Guevara told him. I doubt he was trying to start up a conversation about Mayor Negrin's re-election chances.

Last year he wouldn't speak to the "American press" after he was ripped (rightfully so) for that horrific game against Chivas in the last regular season game.

I doubt he's a racist......I think it's more a case where he's not the brightest bulb in MLS. A few years ago it was towel-gate and last year he fell to the ground like he got shot in the DC United match when he tried the sympathy routine to avoid getting the red card.

For whatever it's worth, a fan in the RSL forum claims that Guevara grabbed his crotch when they were heckling him and then there's a link where supposedly some fans who may have witnessed something started chanting "racist" towards Guevara.

17. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I really can't believe this of Guevara. If it is true, kick him off the team.

18. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Do you all really think Andy Williams would make this up? Not I. Amado has always been a "loose cannon". I would not be at all surprised to hear this is not the first time he has used a racial slur. However, we need to let the investigators do their job, then deal with the result.

19. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with 4Winds, basically. Does Williams have any history of aggro with other players? Might he be looking to make trouble for Red Bull, for some reason? Innocent until proven (more or less ;) ) guilty. That said, if Amado (or any player) DID mouth off in such a way, he deserves to be jumped on by the club/league with both feet.

20. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So no one knows what he said, right? Just checking.

21. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
  22. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "it was Guevara's arrival to the MetroStars in 2003 that hastened Williams' departure from the club now known as the Red Bulls. "

Hmmm ... agenda, here?

23. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, even if it's not true.

24. Mooch

Mooch New Member

Mar 22, 1999
    Under the Swamp
    Well looking at history, back in 1998 when Williams was with the Crew he claimed Ramos made a racial comment to him. Nothing was proven and the Crew did not file any complaint with MLS.

Obviously there is no place for racism and if it's proven something wrong was said then action should be taken but after reading Ive's article and the fact that no one else heard the comment, I would be surprised if anything comes of this. I also find it suspect that both our "star" midfielders happen to be racist against Williams.

25. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga