Ivan Kaviedes news & comments

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Wile Coyote, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Re: Jaime Ivan Kaviedes Rumors and News

Agree 100%

What does it matter if your talent is greater than Maradonas, if on the pitch you don't show it?
    I'm pretty sure there are TONS of talented people in Brazil, probably more talented than any Ecua, but that never made it to Pro Futbol, because they just couldn't handle it mentally.
    Lol, in Brazil even some of the Taxistas play better ball than some of our guys. :D
    But that doesn't mean they can handle it in a professional eviroment.

We cannot send a message to our youth players that you can do everything you want, be a very bad professional and still feel like we own them a spot in the National Team.
    That is why most of our players fail when they move abroad, they lack Professionalism.

2. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I admire him too but like I said before, it is sad to insult players who al least fight for thier spot at the NT rather than to be treated like royalty. Lara is one player who hustles and gives 100%. Some people here find the need to strip him from his glory. WE have few disciplined players and we must give these cats props for doing so. Why some eople can't understand that is beyond me. These players play with heart to give Ecuador a name yet some of us can't see that.

I do wish Kaviedes can prove me wrong but as for determination, spirit and skill, Lara is a much better player than Kaviedes.

Give it up you people and stop swimming in "the Nile" river. Its currents are strong and you will drown.

"it's not what your country can do for you...it's what you can do for your country"

3. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

OH MY GOD!
    i promised my bro not to insult anyone anymore....well if u put nine down i will put yer lil toad lara down too. there is ********ing way that lara is has more skill than kaviedes! did you watch that game when nacional was embarressed? he did worse than nothing. he couldnt shoot, couldnt pass(literally he never passes especially this game) and under no pressure at all, he dribbles past the outside line. lol wrong way dumbass! :D

u guys can say u dont care about nine anymore, but to say lara is more skillful is just ignorance! so what u saying with that quote? its ASK not not IT'S...

i dont say lara sucks cuz i am trying to make u cry and sad but i say it cuz i really think he is crap and if i were the coach, id rather choose saritama. he is more consistant, reliable and team player. oh and you sir, are the one going down the nile

kaviedes to wc2006! whoo!:D

4. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

alright... we are all ecuas here and lets try to keep it civil, and more importantly lets talk with some soccer sense. I will always be greatful for having such a great talent like Kaviedes leading us to world cup 2002. Nobody is going to ever forget his goal against Uruguay that put us through. Furthermore, nobody is going to forget the great 1-2 punch that Ecuador had at that time with el Tin and el Nine. With that said, that time has passed. Many times, over and over Kaviedes has shown that he doesn't have the mentality or the PRIDE to play for our national team. It is a privilege to play for our national team and any national team out there, and Kaviedes takes it as if its his right. I truly hope for the good of our team, that Kaviedes does not go to Germany. I honestly believe that right now, but at the same time i know a lot can happen in 2 months, such as a change in attitude on his part and possibly even joining a club and regaining his form. How likely is that? Very unlikely. As for Lara, I'm sorry but i continue to believe this kid has more upside than Kaviedes at this point. Lara is only going to get better while Kaviedes, well... look at it this way, where is he now? I remember when Lara first played for us in la seleccion and we were all praising him. Maybe he has lost his form as of late, but i can bet my life that he is doing everything possible to be better than ever for the World Cup. Another thing, you can't really compare Lara and Kaviedes since they play different positions, and to the person who defends Kaviedes so much, lets be a little mature... if somebody thinks that Lara is better than Kaviedes or "insults" Kaviedes according to u, theres no need to insult back. It's simply one's opinion. I understand u are a "kaviedes freak", but try looking at the bigger picture here. If Kaviedes would be as good as u think, he would be somewhere by now don't u think?

5. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Soccer sense is right. Let me reitereate my opnion. I know very well that comparing Kaviedes and Lara does not make anysense according these player's positions but I was not pursuing those "channels" per say. I was comparing ohter qualities such as asthetics, mental autonomy(not needing someone one to push you to excel), SKILL and heart.

Lara definalty has these qualities and let me jsut add that it is not only him that has them; look at Mendez, De La Cruz, Hurtado, E Tenorio and Myabe even Delgado although I am heavily leaning towards the skill and hear part with him.

I need not say more because I'm sure most of you can fill in the extrra paragraph of who doesn't have these qualities.

it's not just skill that makes a great player but everyone knows that.

This is in Lara's defense and like I said, and I think I speak for all of us here, I can only wish that Kaviedes can proves us all wrong. Kaviedes will alwayas have a nice spot on my wall, however, there is still room and I have many more posters to hang of other players who are actually working hard to give Ecuador a big name.

One day, we will realize that unity is strength

6. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto

whatever...:confused:

7. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto

hey, suck it up guys. for the best interest for Ecuador, we better hope Kaviedes is playing, coz his talent can take us far. But yeah, i know why alot of us are fed up with the lad. but we all know what he can do when he does play. let's pray for the best and hope the real Kaviedes will shut us the hell up. Vamos Kaviedes y Vamos Ecuador, ************!!

8. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

NOw that is spirit!

9. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Take Ecuador far? You mean like all those Clubs he did wonder at? Kaviedes is the sinle most destructive force to Ecuadorean futbol.. ask any of those clubs that kaviedes play for if they will Hire Ecuadorean footballers ever again. kaviedes is awful tactically.

10. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

LMAO

You sound like a poet.

Nevertheless, speaking as an Ecuadorian, I hope Kaviedes can prove us wrong.............DEAD WRONG. I am saying this in the spirit of wishful thinking.:D

11. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A football poet? That's a new one..If kaviedes goes to germany expect him to be drunk and up at the red light district with Armando paredes!!.

12. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

who said anyhing of Paredes going? i mean, he is a promising talent, but i doubt Suarez even considers him.

13. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Argentinos ever closer to losing their first division place, they just lost again today this time without their coach and without Kaviedes.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/noticia18825.html

14. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Holding his chin, Loraz says , "Hmmmm, pretty intersting."

15. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I just read an article in Ecuadorinmediato.com acerca de que Kaviedes intento ingresar a Emelec? I am actually pretty shocked of what supuestamente es la respuesta de Emelec sobre que no se presta para ese tipo de situaciones.... I guess it gets really hard to change not just your attitude pero how people see you. Date fama y hechate en la cama.... Now he is really ********ed, hardly any chances to show what he is made of.

16. f_e_f 4life

f_e_f 4life New Member

Nov 10, 2005

the ppl in canal1 said that he just wants to use emelec to get into the NT and then leave after the WC. So emelec doesnt want to hear anything 4rm kaviedez, he was been in ecuador like for 4 dayz noe lookin for a team.

17. jponankervis

jponankervis New Member

Jan 9, 2006

Let me put it this way, lets say you manage a team, you are the coach, and you have 23 players, they all sacrifice for the team, they do as you as you want , except one, who is always thinking different, doesnt follow rules, and when he plays he lacks courage, thats NiNE KAVIEDES story, and If I were the coach of Ecuador, I would dismiss him for the World Cup, id rather have players that play for the team, before a player who looks talented, but doesnt demonstrate it. ;)

18. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

yeah that does seem logical, except when Tin and Salas are the only other consistant performer in that position, you should be left with no other choice, especially when they play as bad as Lara has recently. I guess Carlitos Tenorio is lookin good of late too, but that's it.

19. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Someone should make a poll redarding Lara and his so called poor performance.

The science of reasoning with some people is baffling. Lara messes up one game and he stigmantized for it? HOwever, Kaviedes can mess up time after time but he is ok right?

:confused:

Poll ...will someone please make a poll regarding Lara? Democracy my friend. Let the people speak

20. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

quoted for truth :D

21. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

how about not. people's opinions are biased, let the work on the field do the talking, and we all know what Kaviedes can do. He may not try as hard as Lara does, but last time i checked, goals and creatitvity and pure talent win games, not effort alone.

and for the record, Lara has a chain of unimpressive performances.

22. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

one just needs to rewind the video cassette and watch Lara in the game Ecuador Holland where he broke through the Holland defense and passed the ball off to Borja that would have been our tying gol...

Besides C.Tenorio, Lara is one of our best options at forward...

I voted for C. Tenorio in the poll...
    but if somebody were to make a poll Kaviedes or Lara...
    It would definitely vote for Lara..

Things are not looking up for Kaviedes...

http://www.cre.com.ec/futbolnac/detallenoticias.asp?ID=81533

23. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

Biased....Coming from you? Are you calling everyone here, besides your "brother" blind. :confused:

BIASED!!\\

Ladies and Gentlemen, Did he just say biased?

look what the pot said to the kettle.
    :rolleyes:

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

i wonder how he feels to have to humble himself and go around scouring for work. so much talent, wasted. lara is a hard worker and id rather have him on my team as an inspiration to others than have kaviedes who most of the time acts like an arrogant ass. pretty much it comes down to this, ecuador needs to play as a real team to win games in the world cup, lara is a team player and kaviedes isnt, hes a ball hog and does not have a shred of his old talent in him, hes still really good but nothing like he was 4 years ago. therefore, lara gets the spot

25. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

besides we already used Kaviedes for the world cup 2002, and guess what!!! he did nothing

it would be better to have Lara in the national team, we need new blood