Delfim

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by Hurley, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    It's great to hear that he's back after so much time injured, he was an extremely promising player a few years ago, very hard-working and had a wonderful shot. I don't know if he still has those qualities after an injury that almost ended his career but he must be doing something right if he's getting so much playing time in a club with the ambitions that Marseille has.

What do you Marseille fans think of him? He's he good enough to have any chances of being called to the Portuguese national team?

2. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    He's establishing himself as a regular starter in the team right now. But it's gonna take some time to find his best form that once labelled him as a 'New Deschamps' of OM.

About Portuguese NT, I really don't think he stands much chance. Competition is too tough for him. (Maniche, Petit, Tiago, etc...)

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Called back, you mean. Delfim has already played for the NT. That's how he got injured. An excellent player w/ a deadly shot, resembling Roberto Carlos, or at least ,that's how it was before his injury. I've only seen playing half of a game last season on loan in Portugal. Nothing at all this year in France, but from what I've read ,he's doing well.

4. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Did you see the goal he scored the other week in the Uefa Cup against Dinamo Bucharest, the last match of the group phase? From a set piece what a screamer, just banged it in from the edge of the box in injury time of the first half.

Even Barthez ran all the way across the pitch to celebrate with him.

Here's the clip:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/9213071/2-0_DelfimB.mpg.html

5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Great goal .Thanks.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Delfim , on the far left.

7. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Has he remained in the squad or did he transfer out ?

8. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    He joined Young Boys Bern (Switzerland) on a free transfer.

I really wanted him to stay in France. He was just getting back on track but sadly Marseille did not hold on to him.