FIFA - "Mexico Hot on Ice-Cool Ochoa"

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Cosme, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Cosme

Cosme Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Houston
  2. JoeFX

JoeFX Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Mexico's third base
    Whoa, nice article. And pardon my ignorance and addiction to "chisme" but which well-known pop singer does Ochoa have a romance with?

3. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    Dulce Maria; she's in the telenovela, Rebelde, and also sings in a band called RBD. My cousins watch that novela everyday, so whenever I go visit them they are either watching it or talking about it.

4. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    Although I think Ochoa, at this time) is better than Sanchez, I still think Corona will be the 2nd string GK.

5. FuR!oU$x

FuR!oU$x New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    California
    Man they just rattle corona with goals... :eek:

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I'd say he still needs a couple of more years til were exact he can play on an international level

7. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    Sound's exactly the same as my cousins. :p Whenever i'm over their house and that Novela is on They don't even pay attention when i talk to them.

8. Manoro3

Manoro3 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Los Ángeles
    Unless he breaks a leg or something, Oswaldo is a lock as starting goalkeeper, and Corona is almost guaranteed back-up.

The way I see it Ochoa has to fight Muñoz to be the third keeper, with Muñoz having a slight advantage because of his experience and because he's been in Lavolpe's proceso for a couple of years now and Lavolpe might want to respect the hierarchy.

Personally I'd rather see Ochoa get that third spot though.

9. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Ochoa will not get the 3rd spot because Lavolpe's already dead-set on Munoz and Corona as his backups for San Oswaldo, not because Ochoa is worse than both of them.

11. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Actually, Ochoa has a slighter chance of making the squad. Before the draw on Dec.9, they interviewed Lavolpe and he said that he recognizes that Munoz is going through a tough moment in soccer and he realizes that Ochoa is there for back-up. Although, he said that whoever is in better shape by April he will take. So, Munoz isn't that much of a lock either. Ochoa is still in the run! ;)

12. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but ochoa did recieve less goals than both those players. Memo didnt play in americas last game, so 4 of those goals werent his. his 18 and 1.13 goals recieved per game were the best of the mexican goalkeepers.

13. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ooo yeah he was but Barley .07 diffence!

14. FuR!oU$x

FuR!oU$x New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    California
    i think ochoa should be the second goalie. corona just sucks.

15. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    Basically, there's one technical difference between Ochoa and Corona and you'll notice next time you see them play: Ochoa closes his eyes at close range.

16. Danck989

Danck989 Member

Sep 22, 2005
    Canada
    I'm glad the kid's getting some recognition,and i think things will only get better for him in the near future.

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    You guys might not agree with me but heres thway I see the goalie line-up for this world cup
    1.Oswaldo Sanchez
    2.Jesus Corona
    3.Conejo Perez - I know I know why? his previous careeer and world cup experience
    Ochoa is good but hasn't been in the big dances before!

18. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A

hes right...

oswaldo then cornona then perez....

lavolpe will end up calling el conejo for his experiance....

19. MurderCityDevil

MurderCityDevil New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Arizona/SLRC
    I don't think the experience thing works in Conejo's favor. I still remember his lapse in the qualifier against Costa Rica and I cringe. He totally messed that up and my opinion Ochoa should be taken without question if he still is in form next summer.

I don't like Muñoz either, he is far too error prone. Ochoa in any case has felt the pressure of debut and becoming champion in his very short years. I can't remember the last time America has had such a young goalie, it's unheard of. As Eduardo Acevedo said, Corona is one of the best goalies around, period.

20. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    and that .07 is the difference between qualifying for the liguilla or not.

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    watch Ochoa will be ready for the 2010 world cup

22. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    hes already ready but i dont think hes going.

23. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    you must live in a cave.....

ochoa saved chivas against boca, and has saved tecos and atlas many occassions.

if he had a better defense (for beginners, get rid of leaño, which won't happen any time soon) he wouldn't get scored on so much.

oswaldo is a good goalie, believe it or not. i still remember the witch hunt that occurred after the shoulder surgery, and the talavera fan boys that followed. talavera can't even shine ochoa's shoes.

muñoz is error prone(gold cup?) and isn't even doing that well. neither is conejo. snubbing him would be like what happened to adolfo rios.

24. FuR!oU$x

FuR!oU$x New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    California
    I am totaly confused.

25. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

lol talavera can't even shine ochoas shoes :D