Kim Dong Hyun to Portugal's Sporting Braga?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by NonStop4, Dec 19, 2005.

1. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
  2. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Wow!! This is something I wouldn't have expected... Portugal is an interesting choice for Kim, as I doubt many defenders there can deal with his huge stature (this is the same Kim that didn't even go down to challenges by those big German defenders, mind you). I'm not sure if he has enough technique and speed to survive in the Superliga, though. And he's always known to be inconsistent... but we'll see what happens.

I hope this move goes through, of course. Kim's become a forgotten man since his youth team days just like Jung Jo Gook, and It'll be great for him to get some European experience. Best of luck to him!

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm not a big fan of him and I actually think he doesn't have much to offer besides his heading ability but it wouldn't hurt for him to try to play in Portugal. After EPL, Serie-A, La Liga and Bundesliga, I think this league is one of the strongest leagues in Europe along with Eredivisie and Ligue 1. I hope it's not another one of those stupid rumours tho. And he still has to serve in the military for 2.5 years so we'll see what happens.

Also, I don't know if he has what it takes to survive in the Portuguese league. I always thought he'd fit better in Eredivisie or Bundesliga but it'll be nice to see him get a shot anywhere in Europe.

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Marcel in K-League = Marcell in Superliga

K-League = Superliga

I think Kim Dong Hyun can be a quality player but he is inconsistent (But it's not surprising since so many korean players either lack consistency or finishing touch).

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.

yea i heard marcel is doing great in superliga....4th top scorer or something...but just because marcel is doing great doesnt mean kim dong hyun is...superliga is all technique which kim dh barely has..maybe he can play a target fw since his heading ability is so good...

7. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    2 years actually

8. Saugatak

Saugatak New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Southern California
    Wow, Kim Dong Hyun is huge, his thigh muscles look like they've been stuffed with a Thanksgiving Turkey.

Too bad all you guys are down on him. KNT could use big, skilled player that defenders can't knock off ball, probably our biggest weakness.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    3 words -

Lee.
    Dong.
    Gook.

;)

10. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    In O Jogo I found out the article that Marcel, ex-Suwon player praised Kim Dong-Hyun.

http://www.ojogo.pt/21-306/artigo519562.htm

(Portugueese)

Marcel
    "Kim Dong-Hyun vai dar-se bem em Portugal"
    LUÍS PENA VIEGAS

Talvez porque os nomes dos asiáticos parecem todos iguais, Marcel pediu para ver uma foto de Kim Dong-Hyun. "É, é esse", disse logo, o Kim Dong-Hyun do Braga é o mesmo que jogou consigo no Suwon Samsung Bluewings, na Coreia do Sul. "É um jogador que arrasta a defesa, é forte do ponto de vista físico", comentou o brasileiro, ainda que a compleição do sul-coreano já falasse por si - 1,88 metros e 85 quilos - e fizesse perceber que essa é mesmo uma das suas qualidades. Porém, pelo que acrescentou o jogador da Académica, Kim Dong-Hyun não é só tamanho. "O ataque era constituído por mim e pelo Nadson, então ele ficava no banco, mas entrava sempre. É esquerdino, tem capacidade técnica e um remate forte", explicou.

Agora, para quem já ande a imaginar que o reforço do Braga, vai ter dificuldades quando ouvir a nossa língua, vem aí o mais engraçado: Kim Dong-Hyun já sabe qualquer coisa de português. "É, é engraçado mesmo. Ensinei-lhe algumas expressões, mas ele já sabia outras. É um rapaz inteligente, tem bastante vontade de aprender, é muito gente fina", elogiou Marcel. "Vai dar-se bem aqui em Portugal. É um jogador com valor, até costuma ir à Selecção da Coreia do Sul. Embora o futebol de lá seja diferente, acredito que ele tem condições para fazer golos e jogar na Europa. Tanto pode precisar de um período de adaptação, como pode rebentar logo, é apenas uma questão de oportunidade, porque ele tem valor para isso", referiu o goleador brasileiro.

(English)

Marcel
    "Kim Dong-Hyun goes to give itself well in Portugal"

Perhaps because the names of the Asians seem all equal ones, Marcel asked for to see a photo of Kim Dong-Hyun. "It is, he is this", it said, the Kim Dong-Hyun of the Braga soon is the same that it played I obtain in the Suwon Samsung Bluewings, in the Coreia of the South. "He is a player who drags the defense, is strong of the physical point of view", commented the Brazilian, still that the compleição of the South Korean already spoke for itself - 1,88 meters and 85 kilos - and made to perceive that this is same one of its qualities. However, for that she added the player of the Académica, Kim Dong-Hyun is not only so great. "the attack was constituted of me and the Nadson, then it was in the bank, but he always entered. He is esquerdino, it has capacity technique and a strong closing ", explained.

Now, for who already it walks to imagine that the reinforcement of the Braga, goes to have difficulties when to hear our language, comes there funniest: Kim Dong-Hyun already knows any thing of Portuguese. "She is, is funny same. I taught some expressions, but it to it already wise person others. He is an intelligent youngster, it has sufficiently will to learn, she is much fine people ", it praised Marcel. "It goes to give itself well here in Portugal. He is a player with value, until costuma to even so go to the Selecção of the Coreia of the South the soccer of either there different, I believe that it has conditions to make golos and to play in the Europe. As much can need a period of adaptation, as it can break soon, is only one question of chance, because it has value for this ", related the goleador Brazilian.

11. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Some words in the english translation still in portuguese...And I am thinking about what words Marcel teached to Kim Dong-Hyun...

My english is not good but I will translate it as soon as possible.

12. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Thanks a lot.

13. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
  14. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The portuguese language from Portugal is different than portuguese language from Brasil. I did some changes.

Perhaps because asian names looks the same, Marcel asked to see one Kim Dong Hyun picture. "Yes, it's him", said, Kim Dong-Hyun of Braga is the same one who played with him at Suwon Samsung Bluewings, in South Korea. "He is a player who drag the defense, he is powerful", the Brasilian explained, although the characteristic of the South Korean says all - 188 meters 85 kilos - and make feel that this is exactly one of his quality. However, for what the Académica player said, Kim Dong-Hyun is not only big size. "The attack was me and Nadson, then he stayed at bank, but always played. He is a left-handed person, has technical capacity and a stronger shot", explained.

Now, for them who has already thought that the Braga's new signing will have some difficulty when listen to our language, the funnier thing is coming: Kim Dong-Hyun already knows anything in portuguese. "Yes, it's really funny. I teached him some expressions, but he already knew anothers. He is a smart guy, he has much desire to learn and is a cool guy", Marcel praised. "He will be succesful here, in Portugal. He is a valuable player, even is used to go to Korean National Team. Although the Korean soccer is different, I believe that he has conditions to score and play in Europe. As much he can need a adaptation period, as he can scores many goals, it is only a opportunity question, because he has qualities for this", said the Brasilian top scorer.

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well Braga has been unlucky after an amazing start to the season. Defensively we are great only letting up 1 goal in each of our loses our problem is scoring.

Hopefully Kim Dong Hyun will add a presence in the box.

But I hope he is ready to run because there will be alot of that in this league.

BTW How tall is he?

16. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
  17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team: