Man Utd Jan '06 Transfer Targets and Rumours Thread Part III [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Man Utd Jan '06 Transfer Targets and Rumours Thread Part III

[​IMG]

:)

3. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005

Seconded. :)

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

Aye

5. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

New twist develops in Mikel Obi’s future
    November 29, 2005
    The Tide Online (Nigeria)

Lyn Oslo of Norway are furious at allegations that their contract with Flying Eagles ace John Obi Mikel to take him to Manchester United was falsified.

The Oslo outfit claim it is a deliberate attempt to drive a wedge between the Norwegian side and Manchester United, who thought they had signed the midfielder back in April.

Mikel insists he wants to join Chelsea instead, even though the route to the first team looks considerably easier at United, particularly in the wake of Roy Keane’s departure from Old Trafford.

Lawyer Stephen Tregear has accused Lyn director Morgan Andersen of fabricating the contract signed last April.

“There can’t be any doubts, based on the analysis of the documents, that the April contract has been falsified,” said Tregear. ‘

But Lyn Oslo’s sporting director Morgan Andersen is fuming at the allegation, as he would rather see the youngster head to Old Trafford.

He told Norwegian daily newspaper Verden Gangs and gathered by our source, that the new allegations by Mikel and his lawyers were shocking and would be taken seriously.

“We take this shocking accusation seriously,” he told VG. “We are not scared.

“This is an attempt to split Manchester United and us.

“They will not succeed with that.” Andersen said furiously.

FIFA, who have been asked to look into the matter by all parties involved, are continuing to investigate the matter as the 18-year-old waits for some kind of green light to move to Chelsea in 2006.

Meanwhile, Tidesports gathered that members of Mikel’s family said the youngster is now being trailed by other English Premiership clubs like Arsenal, Wigan and Tottenham Hotspurs, who might take advantage of the logjam between Chelsea and Manchester United to hijack the young Nigerian star.
    -----------------

Mikel Obi cries out, says... I’m ready for Manchester now
    By RICHARD JIDEAKA, Abuja
    Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mikel Obi
    Sport Index
    World’s second best youth player Mikel Obi, locked in a transfer saga involving Manchester United and Chelsea of England, has said that he is now ready to play for Manchester United or any other team.

Super Eagles assistant coach, Samson Siasia, who led the Flying Eagles to a silver finish in the World Youth Championship in Holland in July with Mikel Obi shinning like a million stars, told Daily Sunsport that he spoke with the Lyn of Oslo midfield jewel on his future plans.

According to Siasia, Mikel Obi is tired of the transfer saga and is now willing to play anywhere. He said Mikel knows the implication of his long lay off and what FIFA might do to his career if he is not decisive.

“If Mikel is not careful he might be suspended for two years by FIFA and that will spell doom for his rising soccer career. I even tried to get him on phone, Friday but to no avail, so I told his roommate, Chinedu Ogbuke, to tell him to call me.

“His inactivity might affect his going to the Nations Cup. You cannot take someone who is not playing regular football to such competition. Mikel has a big problem and you guys have to help him out.
    “Can you imagine Mikel with all his talents, sitting down at home? And if he is suspended, he won’t even be with his manager or agent. So the better for him to get his career on track again.
    “He told me, saying, “my coach, I want to play again. I want to play anywhere so long as I can play regularly. I’m fed up with this whole problem. I don’t mind which club I play for now. I just want to start playing. I’m tired of sitting on the bench every week.”

The coach also spoke on the urgency for Mikel to get himself out of the quandary now because his close friend at the WYC, Messi of Argentina is already making waves with Barcelona. The guy is also likely to do well for Argentina at the World Cup in Germany.

Mikel’s agent, John Shittu has often been accused of playing the hard posture on the issue because of his personal gains, not minding what happens to the fledgling career of the lanky midfield star. As it is now, there is a blanket of doom in the horizon for Mikel, if he fails to make up his mind immediately. Not with the threat from Super Eagles Chief Coach, Austin Eguavoen, warning him to get on the pitch or forget the Nations Cup in Egypt.

------------------------

Obi Risks Two-year FIFA Ban
    28/11/2005
    http://www.thisdayonline.com/

The unresolved transfer feud between two English Premiership sides Manchester United and Chelsea, is set to fetch the talented Flying Eagles Star John Mikel Obi a two year ban by world soccer governing body FIFA.
    This is the startling revelation by Super Eagles assistant coach Samson Siasia who took the former Plateau United dazzler to a silver finish at the Netherland 2005 World youth championship to NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM.
    The Super Eagles Coach said that if such ban takes place the multi talented midfielder's career will be in total ruin hence the salient need for him and his agent to resolve the transfer logjam amicably.
    "My friend in FIFA just told me that the way the case is going, Mikel is risking a 2-year ban,” coach Samson Siasia said.
    "And of course, you and I know the consequence of such a ban on the player.
    "That is the more reason every effort should be made to iron out the problem".Siasia said.
    He continued:"I have called Chinedu Ogbuke who is Mikel's room mate at Lyn Oslo to tell Mikel to call me on phone so that we can talk.
    "This is more so in view of the fact that l don't have his phone number. "I also want to chip in my own advice to him on the issue but up till now I have not received any response or phone call from him;' he said.

Laloko Blasts NFA Over Obi
    By Femi Atoyebi,

Director of Pepsi Football Academy and former Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Technical Director, Chief Kasimawo Laloko has said the NFA acted mischievously against the academy on the protracted transfer saga of Mikel Obi.
    According to him, Obi was wrongly taken out of the country by men who paraded themselves as ‘agents’ and ‘guardians’ of the player when in actual fact they were out to make money out of the kid.
    He singled out the NFA for feeding FIFA wrong information about the academy in order to deny it of reaping its own share of the transfer money.
    “It’s a shame that the boy is being put through all the agony. At this stage, he should be enjoying good football. If all players who left Pepsi Football Academy had paid their dues to the academy, we would have been independent of Pepsi financially.
    “For example, look at how we were denied of good fortune on John Mikel Obi’s transfer. Some people came out with forged documents in order to lay claim to the boy. They claimed that he came out of a certain academy in Ibadan but when I checked on their address, it happened to be small shop where house needs are sold. While we try to fight this injustice, FIFA requested of NFA to ascertain the genuiness of Pepsi Football Academy in Nigeria, but it is amazing that they found it difficult to say the simple truth that we are registered and affiliated with the football body. I protested the claim with evidence but they decided to sit on my papers in Abuja just because I talked. I am a stakeholder in Nigerian football and I should be able to talk. From 1999, we have been playing in the state league and paying regularly but because of their inefficiency and pride, they find it difficult to say we are sorry for the mix up.”
    Laloko said 10 per cent of money sent in from FIFA to Nigeria and other countries should have gone to football development, instead, the NFA ignores this and become accomplice in denying academies of their rights.
    “We are left to bankroll football development and that is evident in the number of players the academy has in the last World Youth tournament in Holland. The NFA is happy about their performance but they are economical with acknowledging us, instead they connive to sell our players and pocket the money due to us,” he lamented.

6. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Actually it's not the transferdocuments that they are talking about but rather Obi Mikels personal contract with Lyn that's in question. At least if my Norwegian is as good as I think it is ;)

7. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004

That is just some nasty business. As has been said before this whole saga just shows the seedier side of professional sports. The kid is obviously not very savy about contracts, public relations, or business in general and has surrounded himself with crooks. This will not end well.

8. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

Ya, I had this one in storage and tossed it up to help spread some cheer.

9. Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Buy Ballack. Watch him go CRAZY!!! :D

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Haven't you heard? We're not pursuing him any longer..so you can change that to something like...

Buy Gattuso. Watch him go BONKERS!!!! :D

11. Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I refuse to give up hope in the chase for the Holy German. :cool:

12. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not related to transfers but I just wanted to say that I'm back from vacation. What a week I (mostly) missed.

Another draw in the CL
    RIP Georgie
    Goodbye Vodafone
    Beat West Ham

I have both games recorded so that I can watch them. Glad to be back. I had the shakes real bad before I logged back on.

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

good to have you back man.

14. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bring the transfers on. And I hope that little scoundrel Obi Wan gets banned for life.

edit: ok, maybe not life, he can come here and have Fergie yell at him for life, that is better, let him rot in the reserves then sell him to Notts Co.

Ban Shitu for life and have him jailed for purgery.

15. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.

Who do you all think the big name Fergie is targeting in
    the summer????? He better not open his mouth or
    Roman will open his wallet and buy whom we are
    targeting...Maybe TH14 or Shevchenko it better
    be a great player. Frankly $40 mil was way to much
    to offer for Ballack who is approaching 30 years of
    age...His great days are behind him.....:(

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

yes, because w/ Ruud back to his oldways, Rooney playing better than ever, Saha actually playing a match and Rossi proving to be a delightful prospect what we NEED is another striker as opposed to strengthening our already impregnable worldclass CM pair of Scholes and Smith.

17. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd put the odds of either Henry or Vieira coming here as slightly higher than those of Hell freezing over.

18. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I'd like to see henry here if so only for the reason that the gooners would loose half their fanbase to suicide.

unfortunatly it won't be so :cool:

19. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA

Has to be .... the most logical choice out there, and, he wants to play at OT.
    Damn, he even has the proper "up yours" salute down. What else could you ask for?

20. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HUH?!?!?! When, where?? :D

21. gildarkevin

gildarkevin Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that Fergie isn't all that intent on getting Ballack is because he sees Rooney as the successor to Scholes. Imagine that you have Ruud and a fit and dangerous Saha/matured Rossi/newly bought striker up top, with Rooney right behind them, where he's proven he can be dangerous and involved. Think of what happens if Fergie manages to buy Gattuso to cover the space behind Rooney. We've got Ronaldo/Park/Fletcher/Giggs/Richardson as possible wingers and Smith as the backup to Gattuso and as an emergency striker.

That's a pretty solid and deep front 6.

22. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA

Couldn't agree more. Gattuso is so overlooked, but he is a great, tough player (strange for an Italian) who would have no problem in the Premiership I think. You are dead on, Rooney withdrawn behind RVN/Saha (Rossi) would be marvelous because Rooney is showing that he is reading the game so much better.

23. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005

The only flaw in your idea is that you have no substitute for Rooney; that is, if he is injured, who will play the deep lying striker role? My hope is Rossi, since he does that for the Reserves already. Right now we have Scholes and Ryan Giggs who can play in that position. Or even Park. In my opinion, the system should be built with enough flexibility of changes in player personnel to have a winning team. But of course, the first XI's attack can reasonably be built around Rooney.

24. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right, as opposed to Shevchenko who is 29 or Henry who is practically a teenager at 28. In addition to the fact that we don't need another striker.

Try again.

25. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gattuso would be great, but why is everyone forgetting the small fact that he plays for AC Milan? It's not like we're buying him from Lecce or Sunderland here. Milan are more than capable of matching any salary as well as potential for winning major trophies. And while they may also be owned by a megalomanic, at least theirs has money to spend. Honestly, from an objective standpoint putting all allegiances to United aside for a second, if you were playing for AC Milan, could you really think of a reason to switch to Manchester United at this time?