Whitbread News

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by blue32828, Nov 8, 2005.

1. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're aptly called 'The Valiants'.... which I think is one of the better names in England.

2. bradley31

bradley31 New Member

Oct 1, 2005

3. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=250636

4. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca

5. ayers

ayers Member

Jul 9, 2002
    somewhere
    You know, the Chinese like to say that even a blind cat catches a dead mouse (or something along that line). That makes sense to me. But cows and strawberries? I don't get it.

6. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Well, you originally said that Simek and Karby were rated "much lower" not equal, as you seem to be saying now.

Be that as it may, I don't buy the fact that Whitbred got into some games, and Simek and Kerby didn't, is enough to draw the big conclusions you've drawn. First, I could argue that Simek and karbysiyoon (sp?) had more quality ahead of them than Whitbred. Second, in my opinion, Whitbred played poorly in the games I saw, and on a couple of occassions the team has massively flopped with him on the pitch (he can't be entirely blamed). Finally, don't you think that clubs who splash out money for these players have more to go on than your (and most of our) very thin knowledge? Presumably, they've seen all of these players play in the reserves, and maybe, just maybe, the knowledgable soccer powers that be in england just think Simek and Karby are better.

Why do you think that if Karby and Simek were rated "much lower" as you initially said, that Whitbred might not be getting interest from higher rated clubs?

7. BWogs

BWogs New Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Kansas City
  8. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    If your interpretation is correct, isn't this a bad sign? I would think that the management would take a more active role in this if they think Whitbread has a bright future at the club.

9. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Quote:

(Originally Posted by jri 3 weeks ago)

Whitbread has waited this long to get some playing time. I think he'd be foolish to run to Port Vale, when in all likelihood he can wait a few weeks or sooner and get a Coca-Cola deal.

IMO, bad career management to take this one (you waited 3 years on 'Pools bench for THIS?)

Some insight, eh? :)

10. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if nobody else will praise you, I guess that leaves you.

11. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/loadgnrl.asp?id=253856&teamno=342

12. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    If this helps you build your low self-esteem, then have at it. Now turn to the mirror and remind yourself, 'you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggonit....'

13. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    LOL- Good one!

14. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team: