Martín Alejandro Ferrario

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Hank Rearden, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA
    I noticed that there is a Martín Alejandro Ferrario playing for C.A. Sarmiento in the Argentina "Primera B" (3rd level) who was apparently born in New York.

You can find a list of the squad here (click on Sarmiento, of course): http://www.mundoascenso.com.ar/_Primera_B/0506_PrimeraFase/clubes.html

Anyone know who this guy is? Apparently, he is a midfielder and has played 3 matches during the "Primera Phase" of the 05/06 tournament. He is also listed in the plantel on Sarmiento's fansite here: http://www.pasionguerrera.com.ar/index.php?opc=136

2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Very cool! Don't know anything about him, but will start looking.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Isn't he the kid who went to Belarus three or four years ago, setting of a lot of wailing and teeth-gnashing about how MLS couldn't complete?

Sachin

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Nice pull, but I think you mean Jonathan Herrera (Dynamo Minsk). I still light a candle and do a Google search for him once a year.

5. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

forgot all about him. I'm guessing you haven't found him anywhere.

6. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, he ain't with Dinamo. Nor BATE. Nor Shakter.

7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Sure haven't. My best guess: back in the States playing men's amateur ball somewhere. I was never able to confirm that he was in Minsk, though I wasn't really following this stuff closely back in 1998 or 1999.

8. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
  9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
  10. Hank Rearden

Hank Rearden New Member

Jul 9, 1999
    Dundee, Illinois, USA
    Yup, in the "Primera B".

11. Albertini86

Albertini86 New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Johnatan Herrera did really played in Minsk. In february 1999 he signed a contract with Dynamo Minsk, but didn't play a single game in first team - he played 4 games in a team "Dynamo-yuni" Minsk in D2 in 1999, it was somehow a junior Dynamo team. Then he disappeared, in january he returned to Minsk "after holidays", as it was written in local press, but didn't play anymore.

He was born in Ecuador in 1980. Lived in Bronx, NY, played for "Juvenil Platens" (something like that) and moved to Belarus via company "Inter Athletics". This is all i know about him, if you find some more information, i wil be grateful:):)