Continued from soccer chant thread:

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Elliad, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey K:the core, might as well continue the discussion here, rather than getting hanul's thread sidetracked.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks man.

3. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have another clip which is pretty damn graphic and doesnt need to be added.

You guys get my point.

4. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    So what are your thoughts on this?

btw, are there any date-stamp on those pics and vids?

5. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That guy got cheap shotted like Ive never seen before. It looked like he was just trying to reason with those cops and somebody in there didnt like him.

My thoughts on this, I cannot judge. You cant really say anything because its not like the demonstrators are any better....they throw fire bombs at cops and if that aint lookin to kill or maime I dont know what is. Maybe there was some serious history between that particular group, or maybe those cops lost a good friend.

Maybe its in the social thing but Koreans arent really good with anger management. When in doubt, throw down. Probably socialization is to blame...heavy handedness prevails.

The bottom line is that its a damn shame man that crap like that has to happen in the first place.

6. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    I agree with you. But some people think that this kind of crap are isolated events, but man, this crap happens all the time in Korea. It's completely stupid and unnecessary. I mean that's a total waste of a life! Imagine if that was your family memeber.

I agree, those protesters are STUPID! First of all, to confront an angry bunch of armored bulldogs with a stick is just dumb. Then they think they're getting smart by throwing bottle bombs, and finally when they get their asses kicked, they start crying in front of the TV like we never meant for it to get this bad. I mean seriously, Korea needs training in conflict resolution.

But I'll tell you what. If this bullshiet happened in my backyard, I'm finding that cop and throwing his ass in jail so he can think about what he did. Sad thing is, he was just caught up in all the heat. Who knows maybe he won't be able to live himself, or maybe he won't even realize what he did...

7. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That was just fkn sic hope the cop that hit the guy was fkn put away in prison.

8. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i remember back in chicago after our church league soccer tournament, they brought tacos from taco bell for people who participated in the tournament, and this kid named Paul, didnt eat his taco that fast, and this man told him to eat faster since they had to move all the equipment and he said okay (since he was a ah-juh-shee), 10 minutes later hes only halfway thru his 3rd taco and then that man grabs him by the throat and started choking him and his face turned all red. that man has huge anger problems. i remember one time his son swung a pretty thick branch at a tree and it fell down on his foot and he started crying (i guess he was 6 at the time) and then his dad came and asked this nuna what happened and she told him and right when she said the last word that man picked up that branch his son threw and whacked him in the back for like 5 minutes..