Coming to NYC

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by kami, Jul 13, 2005.

1. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Metrostar fans,
    I'm coming up there this weekend and will be attending the game on Saturday evening. Two questions: what the best form of travel to use to get to the stadium from Manhattan? And, with rain and storms in the forecast, what's the chances of a cancellation? I have no problem sitting through rain (its soccer....we play through almost anything)...but lightening and sh-t is a different story.

Thanks for any info....looking forward to my first MLS game.

2. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Cancellation?? NEVER. I'd say there is a 99.9% chance the game is on. This ain't your pansy baseball game.

3. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's never been a game that's been outright cancelled. Games have been delayed because of lightning storms but that's it.

As far as getting to the stadium your only choices are NJ Transit bus or taxi, and the taxi won't be there to take you back to Manhattan after the game. Go to Port Authority Bus Terminal on 8th Avenue between 40th and 41st, walk back to the NJT ticket booths, buy your $7 round-trip ticket, and ask the booth person which gate. It's about 20-30 minutes from NYC to GS depending on traffic. Buses leave about every half hour or when they fill up, whichever is first. You pick up the return bus outside Gate C (or D? Whichever is closest to the bubble) after the game.

4. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they upped it to $9.00 r/t as of 7/1/05.

Or they may have bumped it for the fair.

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, the cheap b@st@rds upped all the fares on 7/1.

6. kami

kami Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks guys.

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Yeah, and seeing as how our stadium rent is paid per game regardless of weather cancellations, you can bet your sweet petard that we are going to be playing, come hell, high water or, you know, a stadium announcement.

8. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try to get a reduced fare card if you can, especially anyone <cough> <cough> 62 and over <cough>.

http://www.njtransit.state.nj.us./

9. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a bunch of cvnts...

10. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to ask. Why haven't people been going to the Sheraton and walking over the bridge? The cost is less than half. Does that bus not run on weekends?

11. gatopreto

gatopreto Member

May 31, 2000
    NYC
    Bastards.

Is the extra money going to go towards hiring bus drivers who know the way back to NYC from GS is not via the Turnpike?