Iran's Roster for Japan World Cup Qualifier

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Mani, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran coach Branko Ivankovic has added 7 new domestic players to his latest roster for the 2006 World Cup Qualifier in Japan. None of the established European-based players are included in the new list of invitees. 3 untested new European-based players may be added to the list later on.

Strikers
    Edmund Bezik
    Arash Borhani
    Ali Daei

Midfielders
    Andranik Teymourian
    Iman Mobali
    Alireza Vahedi-Nikbakht
    Mohammad Alavi
    Javad Nekounam
    Mojtaba Jabbari
    Javad Kazemian
    Mahdi Rajabzadeh
    Gholamreza Eidizadeh

Defenders
    Farshad Bahadorani
    Ali Badavi
    Hossein Kazemi
    Meysam Moni'i
    Mohammad Nosrati
    Jalal Kameli-Mofrad
    Amir-Hossein Sadeghi
    Yahya Golmohammadi
    Hadi Shakuri
    Hossein Kabei
    Sattar Zare

Goalkeepers
    Ebrahim Mirzapour
    Hossein Ashna
    Vahid Taleblou
    Mohammad Mohammadi
    Mehdi Rahmati

Source: ISNA

2. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    y so many keepers? They should've invited, madanchi, dejagah and oladi to try out. dejagah and oladi would've been better options than bezik and more keepers!

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I agree with you on Oladi. But Dejagah will be invited once the team arrives in UK. As I said before, 3 untested new European-based players may be added to the list later on. I think Dejagah will be one of them, since there are only 3 strikers on the list.

4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yeah... 5 keepers in a roster is unheard of :eek:

perhaps they want to establish who will become the backup to Mirzapour or something like that during the camp...

5. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc
    I agree that this game is not that important but still it not like a friendly that you test goalies with. oh goodie Daei will be there ****sigh****

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    i dont know why hes taking this game lightly
    this is like a eral A friendly vs. JAPAN before the world cup?!
    why not take it with a full team

7. Karimi8Rulz

Karimi8Rulz New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Branco's reason for not inviting strikers like Enayati and khatibi is to avoid creating a "real challenge" for Ali Daie.

Daie would probably beat out Bezik based on int. experience, and Borhani on age & experience.

Daie going against Bezik and Borhani is more likely marketable and less controversial than Enayati (Mr. IPL best scorer)and Khatibi. Shouldn't Daie perhaps take a break in the game against Japan considering that Branco has committed to younger players.

btw, why 5 keepers!!! loool not like he plans to give any of them any playing time. lol

8. baba

baba New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    This squad will get added players.!!

Branko have said that playeers such as Shahpourzadeh-Dejagah-Nouri-Oladi will get the chance very soon..

;) this aint the full squad he will add more players.!!

BUT have in mind we should be happy to see Teymorian and jabbari there..!! this 2 players are top quality and very young and are 2 of irans future stars

9. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    We're already qualified for the WC.. why do we need ALI DAEI's EXPERIENCE in this match? I mean didn't branko say that hes going to test our young players? did daei manage to get himself a fake ID?!
    Im sick of this guy. Frankly i count everyday when it gets down to TM matches.. but sh!t, with Daei in the lineup .. its just not fun to watch. I hope he gets injured or sick right before the match.

10. DR.Ari V

DR.Ari V New Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoffman Estates,IL
    come on man! now thats not fair bro. i know Daeis old and rusty and shouldnt really be startin every game but still... anyways i think broko nos that we need a better keeper and left back so thats y there r so many defenders and golies.

11. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I woudn't take it that far as to wishing someone sickness and injury, but I hoep that Daei hangs up his boots. He was an excellent player but he is nolonger in his prime. It's like watching Michael Jordan in his last year with the Washington Wizzards. It wasen't the same Michael Jordan.

12. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    woah guys.. I can kill this guy with my own hands.. to me anyone who supports the IR doesn't deserve to live.

13. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    well, MJ did put up a 40-point performance in his last year with the Wizards, so who knows if Daei will somehow score 40 goals in the World Cup? :D

14. P.A.L

P.A.L New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Texas
    Ali Daei is part of the Branko's contract, he'll be on the list as long as he can walk, good thing is our other players fill the hole, Iran was the only country which qualified to WC with 10 men in most of the matches. the only part that makes me happy is that Daei will embaresse himself in WC, although he probebly won't get it.

15. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Iran coach calls up six new players

Iran’s Croatian coach Branko Ivankovic has included six new faces for a training camp in England, which will begin this month-end.
    The list of 28 Iran Pro League players include newcomers like :

Hossein Ashna
    Andranik Teymourian
    Gholamreza Eidi Zadeh
    Farshad Bahadorani
    Hadi Shakoori
    Meisam Monei.

I never heard of em lol.

16. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Monei is a speedy left back with a play style similar to Kabbi

Andranik Teymourian is a great Armenian/Iranian player he’s a play maker/ offensive central mid-fielder with good vision of the field

Farshad Bahadorani- is the heart of Zob, young and capable player with an amazing long distance shot definitely a future prospect.

17. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Thx for the info! :)

18. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    I can't explain the exclusion of Rasoul Khatibi; that seemed odd to me too. But apparently Enayati had a nose surgery and desoite his claims to be ready the coaches did not think he would be.

I don’t think Branko is taking this came lightly. He remembers what happened to Ivic prior to 98 WC. Also, in an interview (I can not find it at the moment) he said that he will drop 7 of 28 before traveling to England. Apparently Rezaei will join them there. I suppose 2 of the goalkeepers will be dropped off the list then. I think he likes to keep 3 on his squad.

Anyway, here is his latest interview in Farsi: http://www.lastkick.com/fa/

19. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    NP ;)

20. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    What’s interesting about the list is that

(A) so few strikers on it

(B) missing Ashkan from Hertha Berlin

(C) Oladi is missing- when Branko reported he would invite him

Though I really like the fact that we have a great left-back wiht Monei invited …

21. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    (A) Not counting the foreign based players, do you remember how many strikers Branko usually invites to camp? Perhaps that could put things into a better perspective.
    (B) From his interviews, it is a safe bet that he would invite him and Nouri to camp while in England.
    (C) I agree. I think Rasoul Khatibi should have been invited too.

22. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Well including Hashamian we usually have 5, or even six invited strikers now we have 3, I hope that’ evidence that he’s saving the space to invite Ashkan in England as you say. I like to see Nouri too, I hear he’s a very good player, but unfortunately Iranian press is furious over his invitation (playing in the 3rd German League and being Half-Iranian).

23. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Pathian jAn,

Do not start me with Iranian press! I have been getting an ulcer reading their nonsense. Most of these guys are not qualified to hold a cotton candy stick, let alone a pen! On today’s front page of Janhan-e Football, on the left column, the author talks about Mahdavikia’s situation in HSV, and in there he keeps referring to the Danish coach of the 80s “Lemp Piontek”!! Who in the hell is “Lemp” Piontek?! It was “Sepp Piontek”! How can anyone take a self proclaimed football “expert” like this guy seriously? And where in the world was the editor when the paper was published this morning? Now the same guys are trying to run team-e melli through their tabloid style newspapers!

24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm really happy to see Edmond Bezik back in Team Melli. Hopefully, Daei will leave before the world cup so we can have Hashemian + Bezik/Borhani/Dejagah upfront.

[​IMG]

25. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    LOL everybody I know has a horror story from the Iranian Media… They have a long way to go before they are respected in Iran let alone anywhere else in the world.