Spector off to Charlton

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by csj1, Jul 9, 2005.

1. csj1

csj1 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
  2. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
  3. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
  4. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Excellent move. He gets a chance to get on the field and still at the Premiership level. If he gets good playing time, this is about as good as could be hoped for.

5. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Spector Talk

So let it be written ,so let it be done. :)

6. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

Well done,lads. :)

Buff,should this be merged with the Spector talk thread?

7. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR

Sweet, what's charloton's defensive situation like?

8. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002

I look forward to next spring when there may be greatly heated discussions as to if BA should select a 20-year-old defender on loan to Charlton for the WC squad to travel to Germany, or if he should perhaps go with a 23-year-old enigma of a field player who is toiling away at Reading.

9. uvico

uvico New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    If he gets a starting spot throughout the season he will be our LB at Germany I have no doubt about it.

10. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Sweet. Quality loan team (I mean, c'mon- they aren't going to lend you within the top 6...after that, its a gaggle of teams anyway).

At least he's not at a cellar dwellar- in which his confidence could take a hit by lack of surrounding talent.

V Lets hope he can get his minutes, and not be benchpucky

11. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Anyone know what he's up against? After Fish, the names seem pretty non-descript.

Charlton has that weird thing in which they are abysmal the final couple months of season, but pretty strong out of the gate....has been going on several years now...

12. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Naw this stands here.

Great work by Fid, Chad, and the rest of the YA crew.

13. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Odd that I'm not seeing any reports any where else in all of Engerland about this...TV, websites, newspapers...hmmm.

Charlton have brought in a couple of quality players. I live in Ipswich and our best striker, Darren Bent, just went there. Now Darren Ambrose, another frmr Ipswich player has just joined them. According to the article Spector is expected to be part of the starting 11. So we'll see.

14. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Do you know what a scoop is?

where do you see that?

15. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The papers don't report anything unless it is pure speculation. Facts? what are those?

16. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Yes I know what a scoop is thanks. Normally the rest follow after the scoop but so far no such thing. No biggie though.

Did you read the article?

I quote from the article

"Curbishley expects Youga and Spector to make an immediate impact in the starting eleven."

17. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    You would think that Charlton's website would say something about it but they are really caught up in the Ambrose news.

18. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    which article is that? That's not in the YA piece..

19. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool.. From no international (YA) LBs at top level (and no Convey is not an LB).... now we have two young players doing so in Karby and Spector.... Fight it out....And may Arena call you if you deserve it ;)

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

hreiddarsson, el karkouri and young are probably the best guys - because of the former's versatility, i really don't know if JS will get ahis run at LB or centrally - fortune also came on a bit as last season progressed, then slumped back at the end with the rest of the team - perry and fish are veteran support, but clearly on the decline - they could definitely use some shoring up, but they have the makings of a nice defense, especially with holland infront of them and kiely behind them

21. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Not if O'Brien has anything to say about it.

And Spector could pe playing in the center of the defence for Charlton. We still don't know yet, but it is his preferred position.

22. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    I couldn't even find a word about it at BBC's 606..

23. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    This is quite exciting, and good work by YA.

24. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    "which article is that? That's not in the YA piece.."

Good God can't you people read? It is right there in the frickin' article towards the bottom!!

"The Reds also signed French defender Kelly Youga, a member French Ligue 1 winners Lyon on a free transfer and Curbishley expects Youga and Spector to make an immediate impact in the starting eleven.

Charlton finished the 2004-05 campaign in 11th place and will look to build upon that position when they open their campaign away to Sunderland on August 13th."

25. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ok, i don't know what article you're looking at, but that excerpt is not in the YA story on spector