Karimi(Bayern) News Thread

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Ferdosi, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Please post everything about karimi (News/clip/pics) in Bayern Munich here

Karimi scored his first friendly goal for Bayern:

Karimi played second half in the friendly game against FC Rottach which Bayern won 14-1 (Karimi won his own penalty and scored it!). This was the second friendly game this season for Bayern. A few days ago Karimi played 90 minutes as Bayern won their first friendly 11-0.
    Karimi scored one goal while both Pizarro and Guerrero scored three goals each in the second half. Ali Karimi together with Bayern's other new signing Ismael will hold a press conference on Thursday.

FC Rottach - FC Bayern 1:14 (0:5)

FC Bayern: Rensing (46. Dreher) - Sagnol, Mauersberger, Ismael, Rau - Hargreaves, Jeremies (46. Ottl), Salihamidzic (46. Steinhöfer), Scholl (46. Karimi) - Makaay (46. Guerrero), Santa Cruz (46. Pizarro)

Goals: 0:1 Scholl (7.), 0:2 Makaay (11.), 0:3 Salihamidzic (31.), 0:4 Makaay (34.), 0:5 Scholl (37.), 0:6 Guerrero (47.), 0:7 Karimi (58.) 0:8 Pizarro (60.), 0:9 Guerrero (61.), 0:10 Mauersberger (67.), 0:11 Pizarro (68.), 0:12 Pizarro (78.), 0:13 Guerrero (86.), 0:14 Ottl (89.), 1:14 Hagen (90.)

2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    why do they play those weak teams?

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
  4. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
  5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    im surprised he did that. he shoulda gave em his autograph!

6. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    he had no shirt on.. all those people touching him was prolly anoying! id do the same or prolly smack couple men but ofcourse id keep my cool for the ladies :cool:

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  8. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    hey, what happened to today's friendly?

9. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Stadtauswahl Würzburg - FC Bayern 2:4 (2:1)
    [​IMG]

FC Bayern: Rensing - Sagnol, Jeremies, Ismael (46. Mauersberger), Rau - Salihamidzic, Hargreaves, Karimi, Scholl - Makaay (46. Pizarro), Santa Cruz (46. Guerrero)

Zuschauer: 14.000

Goals: Salihamidzic (2) (1 goal on penalty), Hargreaves, Pizarro

Karimi played 90 min and assisted Hargreaves goal.
    Fantastic dribbles by Karimi(he made a fool out of 2 defenders) and a great set up for Scholl but his shot was saved + another great set up by Karimi from central midfield but Santa Cruz shot was also saved.
    The next Friendly : Sun 10.07, 5 pm Grafenwöhr.

10. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm dying to see the video of the game!.... come on ppl!

11. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    correction : *Karimi assisted Salihamidzic's goal.

12. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Article on Goal.com 7/10/2005

Asian Footballer of the Year Ali Karimi has left the Gulf behind to gamble his reputation on becoming a success in Europe. In the first of his new series of Bundesliga player portraits, Brian O'Driscoll profiles Bayern's "Asian Maradona."

Ali Karimi (FC Bayern and Iran)

One of the first five nations to qualify for the 2006 World Cup in Germany was Iran. The progression of the 1978 and 1998 qualifiers will come as no great surprise to followers of the German game. The 2005/2006 Bundesliga season kicks off next month with Iranian players to the fore. In fact, they have been to the fore for many years. No Asian country is as well-represented in the Bundesliga as Iran. Indeed, the success of players from that part of the world has paved the way for the current Asian Footballer of the Year, Ali Karimi, to try his hand at Bayern.

The 26-year-old Karimi will be hoping to make a bigger impact on coach Felix Magath than Vahid Hashemian did. The unlucky Hashemian, a proven Bundesliga goalscorer at Bochum, was signed by Magath’s predecessor Ottmar Hitzfeld and rarely got a fair shake of the stick from the new man. Nevertheless, Magath released the player without much further ado and the fans of Hannover 96 will now get to appreciate the "Helicopter’s" skills from August.

Other top Iranian talents in Germany are Ferydoon Zandi of Kaiserslautern and Mehdi Mahdavikia of Hamburger SV. The latter has been one of the brightest Iranian talents of his generation and scored the crucial and memorable second goal against the USA in France ’98. However, his time at HSV has recently been blighted by injuries and rumours of departure, and it now seems unlikely that coach Thomas Doll still has the little winger in his plans.

However, all eyes will be on Karimi when the new season kicks off. Many of his countrymen have long questioned the desire of top Iranian players to fulfill potential when they have regularly taken the well-worn route south of the Gulf to the money men in the Emirates. In his defence, Karimi says: "I choose to play in Dubai since I had no other offers to choose from. However the four years that I spent there were four good years. Now that I got the chance to play in Bayern I had to take it." Now that he has made the move to Europe, and to one of the world’s top clubs, critics question his stamina and physical robustness, if not his technique. Technique matters to Karimi, and his comment that: "Ballack is one of the players I look up to next to Figo and Zidane," reveals a lot about his view of talent.

While it is true that the Persepolis dribbler is likely to find German defences somewhat more redoubtable that those he regularly tears apart in Asia, given a period of acclimitisation to his new footballing world, Karimi has the talent to bring something precious to the Bavarian table. In his favour is the pace of the German game. While the Bundesliga is as hard as the Premiership, it is technically more adroit and, crucially, more prosaic. The pace of the game will suit Karimi and allow him time on the ball.

That said, German football is as well known for its mentality as for its talent. While some of the planet’s greatest ever players have been German, even the ordinary have possessed mental toughness, courage, and a never-say-die spirit that frightens the living daylights out of sunshine boys. The new season will provide the answer to the question all Iranians truly want to know: Is Ali Karimi a sunshine boy? - Brian A. O’Driscoll

13. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    SV Grafenwöhr 0–19 Bayern (H-T: 0-8)

Bayern: Rensing (Dreher 46) - Ottl, Jeremies, Ismael, Rau (Santa Cruz 46) - Salihamidzic (Mauersberger 46), Hargreaves, Karimi (Makaay 46), Scholl (Sagnol 46) - Pizarro, Guerrero

Attendance: 5,000

Goals: Guerrero (4), Makaay (4), Pizarro (3), Hargreaves (2), Scholl, Salihamidzic, Ismael, one own-goal

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I guess no more vidoes, ha? :(

15. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    yea.. really sux without clips.. im pretty sure they have it in bayern's forum.. we need someone who speaks german to get em for us.
    august 5 ! first match! im more excited for bayern's game than TM's.

16. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    same here... Karimi and Hashemian are my first concerns.... the latter having a more realistic chance of starting the first game but the former has a good chance of making an impact if given the chance... the only problem is that the skydigital (the cable TV in NZ) doesn't show Bundesliga and only shows Italian league and EPL :mad: so I'm really counting on ppl in PFDC or other Iranian forums to put up the clips of highlights or the full games!

17. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I think u can watch the games online. ZTV or something like that.. let me search for it.
    FOX and Sportsnet show bundesliga games :D
    you should MOVE TO CANADA!!

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    yeah a webcast is cool and all but do you know the time difference between New Zealand and Germany?

Germany is 8:51 AM, Monday
    New Zealand is 6:52 PM, Monday
    ;)

I might move to Australia in 2007 for my postgraduate and work experience but moving to Canada would be a very big move and I'm not keen at all to get a citizenship of any country.... cho Iran nabashad tane man mabad!

19. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    u can easly get a student visa and come to canada and stay for as long as u wish. but again.. thats not the best option for u. so in other words.. SUFFER!! :D

20. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    like I said the earliest I can get out of NZ (on student Visa or for work) is 2007... so yeah in the meantime I think Bayern's FCBChampions is the best option for me.... I was planning to share an account with someone but no progress yet :)

21. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  22. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
  23. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Translation :

Magath: Karimi Bayern's "Enormous Chance"
    Earlier today, presitigious German bi-weekly Kicker published an article revealing a number of interesting facts on Iranian international Ali Karimi.

Coach Felix Magath has officially revealed that Karimi is the first player that he had requested to be signed for him since he took over last summer. Other players such as Torsten Frings, and Karimi's international team-mate Vahid Hashemian, who were signed last season, had been signed by the old management. Karimi is now the first player that Magath had an eye on to sign and the Bayern hierarchy duly obliged. Magath called Karimi his "dream player".

On the topic that some people have accused Bayern that signing Karimi was more or less for marketing reasons, both Magath and Uli Hoeness firmly denied this and said that Karimi has been signed strictly for sporting reasons. Magath thinks really highly about his new player: "He can play anywhere in midfield, be it as an offensive midfielder, or as a winger but he can also play as a forward. He can shoot with either foot, his passing is great, and he is a fantastic player." Hoeness added "Look at how much people make in Iran, and tell us if it makes sense to sign an Iranian player for marketing reasons".

Bayern and Magath admitted that they have had an eye on him even before Germany's friendly match with Iran last November, during which Karimi was given a "2" rating by Kicker, and was named the best player on either side, and that they had sent scouts to Dubai to watch him play. But their scouts reported doubts about his fitness and his general attitude. Nevertheless, Magath still wanted to sign him and insisted on it personally. Luckily, the coaches view won out.

On the topic of wages, Bayern stated that for Karimi the move was also strictly for sporting reasons and not because of finances, because "financially he would be better off in the Emirates" according to Magath. "He wants to make it in Europe and make it at Bayern Munich, otherwise he wouldn't have moved. He might need some time to adapt to the faster game in Europe, but so far he is doing really fine and if he doesn't give up after initial first problems of adjusting which he might well face and continues to fights on, I'm sure he will be a succes." Magath believes that Karimi's presence will help Bayern unlock rigid defences in the Bundesliga, because of his close dribbling skills and close ball control.

Magath also added that people in Germany are only waiting for Karimi's failure to prove the coach wrong, "But Karimi can't become a failure, this is a win-win situation for both sides." Magath finished the interview saying that "I do not believe that this is a risk for Bayern Munich, on the contrary, its an enormous chance for Bayern". The ball is now in Karimi's court to show his determination to succeed and repay his coaches faith by proving to be a hit in Germany, and possibly adding the extra dimension to Bayern's game in the Champion's League. -ISP

24. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    LoL Magath needs to calm down… when he sees Karimi on the pitch he acts like a school boy in a candy factor :rolleyes: . Seriously though all this flattery might backfire, I would rather he just say that Karimi has to prove himself on the pitch, which he is going to have to do anyways :cool: .