AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 3)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    New Thread, the other one was really long. Carry on...

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I feel bad for Hernan, he was good to us and he stepped up when Sheva was out. I just hope he won't be a bench warmer at Chelsea - even though JM will probably do just that. The good news is that we can still go for Gila and I hope we sign another defender like Chivu.

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Chivu, who I as well like, is not going anywhere, not with Roma banned from taking in transfers for their Mexes botch up. That means it would be pretty damn stupid for Roma to transfer him and not have a defender of his quality fill in. We'll be lucky if he even gets played around in the winter transfer next year, but thats highly unlikely.

In regards to Crespo, yeah its tough to see him get the shaft, but thats the business of football. I actually feel that if it wasn't the "summer of pursuing Gilardino", we would have offered a higher price to Chelsea than we did.

To tell you the truth, even if we don't get Gila, I won't be that worried, seeing if it wasn't really our offense that let us down last season, but more often our defense. If we make more younger signings for that part of our team, sign another solid defensive midfielder, and also kick Pancaro off our team, I'd be very happy for next term. :cool:

4. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I would have liked to have kept him, but it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully he'll adapt at Chelsea, and things will work out for him. Gila is a must.

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
  7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma has also stated that they will not lower their 22 million euro asking price. Looks like this Gila saga will go pretty long.

8. savatage

savatage New Member

May 11, 2005
    skysports.com reported that there is a 3mio difference between parma and milan about the gila transfer
    parma wants 22

Milan general manager Adriano Galliani has hinted that the club will move for Gilardino despite his hefty price tag.

"I did say that he is expensive but I never said that our transfer campaign is over," said Galliani.

9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Whatever that means.

gila is out of reach but there are subsititutes?

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I understand that Gila is important, but we do have Sheva, Inzaghi, Vieri, JDT, Kaka, Serginio. Some of those players are not young, but they can still provide for another year or two. We need to focus on defense, especially our flanks. Cafu can't run 24/7 back and forth forever, Maldini is getting OLD, Kaladze is good, but not great, Stam is always a mystery.
    Hence i say we focus on our backline and the midfield.

11. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    We need young players in attack and defense. Gilardino would be a really nice addition to our attack, and probably is the most important signing. I don't think JDT or Inzaghi would be effective enough strike partners to Sheva. Not to mention the fact that letting Gila fall to one of our rivals will really come back to bite us.

Kaladze is a very good defender, I have a lot of faith in him. Jankulvoski can also play defense if need be, which helps our coverage as well. A young RB/CB (*hint* *hint* Bonera) would be a good purchase.

12. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I hope that Gilardino stays at Parma, MIlan don't need him now and at Parma, he won't be a large threat (in terms of the team being really good)

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reports out of Italy today suggest Milan are very close to signing Gila and he could be unveiled as a Milan player on Monday. I'll believe it when I see it.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even better than Gila possibly signing for Milan is the news on the official site. Messina are looking to sign Pancaro.This day keeps getting better and better ;) :D

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Finally we get to offload Pancaro!

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a rumor that Gilardino is a Milan player for €28M, at least according to a Berlusconi owned TV station that made the announcement. The transfer will be official when the Minister of Finances approves the transfer (Parma is being managed by the Italian government following Parmalat's bankruptcy).

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    28 million euros...i know they are bad financially, but Parma should hold out for more.

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well 30 million is the asking price..

21. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good observation ;) What do you think Parma have been trying to do the last 30 days? Chelsea actually are prepared to offer 50M for Gila. But the problem is Gila has told Parma he will only sign for Milan. So Parma's options are Milan or nothing. I've also heard that Parma and Milan agreed on a sum last year but Parma raised it when it became clear there were other bidders. I have no idea what that sum was(most likely 20M-25M), so Parma has sqeezed out another 3M-8M out of Milan.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=92819

Hopefully he's unveiled on Monday!

23. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like it. It is being reported here: http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo265648.shtml that Gila arrived in Milan Friday to conclude the deal and has been seen shopping for a new house. Looks good :)

We now have five strikers on our books. Sheva, Vieri, Gila, and Pippo are certain to stay. Tomasson is the only player that still has a chance of being sold.

---------------Dida
    ------Stam----Nesta----Maldini
    Cafu---------------------------Jankulovski
    -------Gattuso-------Pirlo
    ---------------Kaka
    ---------Gila---------Sheva

Bench: Eleftheropoulos, Kaladze, Simic, Ambrosini, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Vieri

Reserves: Fiori, Costacurta, Marzoratti, Vogel, Serginho, Tomasson, Inzaghi

Not a bad 25 man roster.

24. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
  25. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    So, Milan ended up paying roughly about 29-30 M euros....which is about right. He is a great signing for Milan.