Dwight "El Tanque" Pezzarossi thread

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by Guatefc, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    On pcgol.com it said that next season he will not re-sign comunicaciones. he has been aproached by clubs in the scottishPL, and Chile national league.
    he said that even though next season the put together a good squad, he will not renew his contract( that ends june 30th) with comm., as much as the article states,it says he will look to resign somewhere in the Americas.if that doesn't workout Municipal and jalapa are making the push to sign him. IMHO I rather see him play in the mexican league than put on either a uniform of jalapa or municpal..

predictions: he signs with A team from chile(proably the same one he played before) or an Argentina team will pick him up

i wish he signed with a european club again.... who knows he might sign with a club in the SPL, maybe dundee he is better than
    Jason scotland(T&T) :D

Previous clubs:
    Escuintla(GUA)
    Comunicaciones(GUA)
    santiango wanders(CHIL)
    Argentinos Jrs (ARG)
    Racing de Ferrol (ESP)
    Bolton Wanders (Eng)PL
    what a resume :eek:

2. ranciddroog

ranciddroog New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Guatemala city
    Re: Where will Dwight Pezzarossi Sign?

i heard this yesterday if victor muller leaves Municipal, Pezza is a shoe in for the reds if not he is certainly leaving guate, he wants to play for municipal, my prediction hes gonna be a Red.

3. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver

i say he will be dressing red but u never know if he goes to scotland.

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

How many goals did he score in Europe?

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

5 for racing then he got sign at the beginnig of Jan '04 to bolton,played some games here and there for the 1st team and played on the reserve then got let go in the offseason, then resigned wih comunicaciones.

looks like chile or scotland for the tank.. i think he can start a good career in spl

6. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I read He might go to Chile and play with Colo Colo.

7. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver

i saw on rojomania that he wont play for colo colo of chile.

8. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have always admired Peezzarossi, great player. Here is an unpopular thought, How about MLS seemed to do well for Ruiz and Pando, and other central american players. Also might be a good way to get a look from countries like Scotland, England Germany, and Holland that have already signed quite a few players form this league. I also suspect Pescado wont be here more than a coup;le of more seasons. Plus MLS owners are more reasonalbe in their transfer fees giving players a better shot at leaving.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

He didn't play for Bolton, though. He was invited for a trial.
    He also played for Palestino, in Chile, where he had far more success than he did with Stgo. Wanderers.

10. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

he was invited to the trail and then signed to bolton metro chile here some links he wore 37

http://www.prensalibre.com/pl/2004/febrero/04/80445.html

http://www.prensalibre.com/pl/2004/febrero/07/80703.html

he played thru the season then was let go in july 2004

but he was the first guatemalan to sign to the English preimer Leaue it made the front page in guatemala

plenty of Guatemalans have been invited to trails in england( ruiz ,oscar sanchez,pando etc... , pezza was first to to be offered and sign a contract

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

So he was with the team but never played??

12. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

he played a few games but was a reservse up down between ranks, reserves , bench 1st team etc... i would have to pull out more articles

considering he was behenid diof, in the carling cup that year

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Cuz I remember Allardyce had a striker crisis: he only had Davies, Pedersen, and Diouf.
    I wish him the best.
    I liked him a lot when he was in Chile.

14. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

I don't recall but i hope he recovers from his injury and plays Vs Panama last Game he played it was the Wcq v t&t and put 2 goal behind
    shaka hislop, with dennis lawernce, and brent sancho covering him pretty impressive consider they all play in england/scotland tells me he ready to go to scotland for 1st team acction

we need him bad vs panama he will give felipe baloy problems

15. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

Pezzarossi signs back with his old team for one more season. to get back in form from his injury no Commun. has an attack with him and pavon an nunez
    he had many offers and wasn't happy with the owner but worked out a deal and re-sign,

16. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver

i kind of thought this was gonna happen

17. mandragor

mandragor New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Serbia

Hi everybody. I'm from Europe and i had not much chance to see Dwight Pezzarossi playing, so I was wondering if someone can give me a short brief about his abilities or, better, post some links about him on english.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Hi, where u from? wat team do u support?
    Dwight is a very tall lad, and he is a typical go to guy up front. He is a bit clumsy with the ball at his feet, but cuz of his height he is very good on the air.
    He has played in Argentina, Guatemala, Chile, and Spain.
    He also trialed with Bolton in England.

19. mandragor

mandragor New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Serbia

I'm from Serbia and i'm a fan of FK Partizan Beograd. After the failure in qualifications for UEFA Champions League I've got this silly idea to recommend a good striker to the club, because when team loses without conceded goal in two games and with over 20 shots per game on opponents goal it's obvious what that team needs. There's probably 90% chance that they won't take me seriously but hey, why not try. I've got two more question. Is Pezzarossi a good finisher and where is he playing this season (I did not quite understand is he again in Bolton or some other club where he played before)?

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I think that when he trialed with Bolton he made the team (not sure though, I doubt it), and was given a number, but he never played, anyway.
    He scored regularly in Chile while he was with Palestino--when my team bought him, Stgo. Wanderers, he failed for the most part and he scored maybe 4-5 goals.
    He scored a few in Spain with Racing de Ferrol (2nd div.), and in Argentina he got a few while with Argentinos Juniors (Maradona's first club).
    Of course at home, in Guatemala, he has been able to score.
    He is good finisher (nothing extraordinary, though), but is better suited to being a target kinda guy with balls being played in the air.
    I personally would prefer Carlos Ruiz, if you want to recommend someone from Dwight's same nationality.

21. mandragor

mandragor New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Serbia

I don't think Carlos Ruiz is realistic target because Partizan lost a great deal of money by not making through to champions league and, as I can see, Ruiz is quite a star in MLS so he is probably too expensive for my club. I'm looking for a cheaper solutions.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Recommend to them either Humberto Suazo (Chilean, plays for Audax Italiano) or Hector Mancilla (same nationality, plays for Huachipato).
    Top notch goal scorers in the Chilean 1st--both currently members of the NT pool (have a few caps between them), and I can bet these would be relatively cheap options.

23. mandragor

mandragor New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Serbia

Thanks man. Can you discribe them a little bit more? Do you know any sites where I can see their profiles? I tried google but there is just to many sites with their names.

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

heres a pic of him after scoring against T&T. :D
    [​IMG]

25. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

i love that game! he blasted two rockets that game , if Warlord can see the true guatemalan attack he would not been posting as often .when i was in guatemala a saw in the papers he was training with Comm. a little bit after the panama game i wonder if he is back in form for mexico and CRC?[​IMG]

btw hernan sandoval second coming of Ruiz but taller and more athletic only 22