Crew vs DC :: Pre-Game [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewzer1308, Jun 30, 2005.

1. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    Ok you guys saw what happend in Kansas so what do you think will happen in Columbus? Shall the game end in a win, tie or loss? Also who do you predict as a starting lineup? Here is mine:

----------Gaudette--------
    ---Wingert---Marshall---Fraser---Schulte---
    -------------------Elliott-----------------
    --Henderson-----------------------Loco--
    -----------------Martino------------------
    ----------Cameron-------Wolyniec----------

2. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't ya think Walker will be starting by then?

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't mind her, she was a big fan of paint chips when she was young.

And Cameron starting? Let's **** up all chances of a win.

Why the hell would you start Martino and not Buddle? What exactly has Martino done all ****ing season? Is Buddle injured? If not, he better be in the starting 11. I know he's had trouble finishing, but I still hold him in a higher regard than Knox "slower than a mule" Cameron.

4. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina
    Buddle has the Achilles tendonitis according to Gregger. I still think he goes though.

---------------Walker-------------
    Wingert--Marshall--Fraser--Schulte
    ---------------Elliott--------------
    ----------Hendo-----Loco---------

----------------Martino------------

--------Buddle----------Woly-------

5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Greg says Buddle's injured, but he'll still start. It's the Andrulis way of doing things. I.E. Tony Sanneh

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    sure, why not run a knackered player straight into the ground. this guy is unreal.

7. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you think you should know (1) how serious his injury is, and (2) whether or not he starts or even plays, before you blame Andrulis for aggravating his injury?

8. NorwichBu

NorwichBu Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    why can't we blame andrulis for everything? heck, it's his fault the sun rises in the east.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I prefer to operate on the assumption that people will always let you down. Especially if your name is Greg Andrulis.

10. TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Vote Kodos in '08!!

Jun 29, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Moderators Edit :: Sorry, politics don't belong here. Take that elsewhere...

11. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    We've rushed Buddle back from injury before with the hip flexor. Although, I don't think tendinitis is something that can be aggravated terribly, but I'm no doctor.

12. Crewber

Crewber New Member

Sep 18, 1999
    Hilliard, OH
    Why does this thread have an [R] in it?

There's no result in here.

13. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Buddle picked up achilles tendinitis last year (2yrs?) with the Olympic team. He certainly doesn't walk like he has a bad heel. Kmart has supposedly had a hammy for some time. It's hard to tell whether this is a Cunny hammy or just a GA fabrication.

Tendinitis can be relieved with a shot - as I remember. The only way it really get better though is rest.

Armstrong reminded me of Paule in the little he played yesterday. Not real fast but good on the ball. I want to seen Sutton vs. DC's back line - they look vulnerable to speed and not real quick.

14. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Then show up Sunday morning at Obetz, it's the only time the kid ever gets a chance -- and I'll bet he'll bag at least one if not more in the reserve game. He was going to "get his big break" according to Greg in the Catolica game, got hurt and hasn't even gotten a single minute off the bench. Frankly it's a bunch of crap...

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically, I'd guess that she was being extra cautious, in order not to get flamed by anyone. :D

16. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Seriously, what the hell does Sutton have to do to get time in a real match?

17. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been asking the same question since last season. And I have been yelling said question in the general direction of Greg every chance I get. If it weren't for the whole melanin difference people would think I was a relative.

18. Crewber

Crewber New Member

Sep 18, 1999
    Hilliard, OH
    Oh, I thought maybe she knew the outcome for Saturday and I could stay home and watch the other games on the Direct Kick.

19. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect Gaudette will be moving to the bench and playing reserve games from here on out.

20. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Until Walker gets hurt. It seems to be what happens with keepers in Columbus.

21. soccerwookie

soccerwookie New Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Hey....

Gaudette = Tonya Harding?

Sleep with one eye open Walker!

22. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if Gaudette isn't looking forward to some time off from MLS play to sit back and utter "calm blue ocean" to himself repeatedly.

If Walker's here, he plays.

I assume Herdsman is gimped as well and won't be playing? I was up for the guy and hoping given some time he would help solidify the defense but if his groin is going to be failing every third game he's done.

Danzilla's out?

23. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was under the impression that after the match where he scored the hat trick, Sutton got dinged up. Is he fit now?

24. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This one's got the hangthadj guarantee....

3-2 Crew

Goals from Woly, Hendo, and Kmart.

The hangthadj guarantee has only correctly predicted 1 out of 4 games so far this season though.

25. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What I don't get is if he was going to get his big break, but was injuried, then why a week later did he play 90' in a reserve game and he played 90' against the the Metros as well He certainly looked fit as a fiddle making runs up and down the field against Colorado. Plus I've never quite heard of the one week injury before.

I mean this is a kid that's leading the reserves in goals and he hasn't even gotten on the subs bench in 3 or 4 weeks.

Men have gone mad trying to understand why Andrulis does what he does, but I wonder if Jamal is just one of those players that doesn't show well in training, but when game time comes around he's ready to roll. That's the only sane reason I can think of he's only gotten 10' of first team action in 2 years.