Bundesliga Club Sub-Forums Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by Catfish, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Which clubs should have their own sub forum:
    Hertha Berlin
    Werder Bremen
    Schalke 04
    VfL Stuttgart

Please answer the poll and also post which, IF any clubs you want to have a sub forum.

Thank you for your time and input.

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Hertha, Shalke, Bremen and Stuttgart all need their own sub forums, it would just add to the quality and maybe fanbase of BigSoccer German football.

Also, it might attract more people to the boards. Germany boards in particular.

3. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    I think ALL Clubs who have supporters here shall have an own board
    Usually All bundesliga clubs in german bords have an own sub
    only 3 chance per season due to relegation

4. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Big 4... Werder first because we are more people :D
    and hertha has more than 1 or 2 fans so they could be next
    i don't know much fans in Stuttgart ans Schalke but it would be cool for them

yes exactly I think the same. I decided not to join before beacause I saw already nothing about werder. Today a new werder fan came to us because he can see the werder-sticky. :)

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Schalke, Hertha, und Bremen...I'd rather have too many subforums than too many stickies. That's just me.

6. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i put big 4,

schalke, and def werder!!! need their own sub forum

i know im relatively new here, but i have moderator experience on other boards, and would be willing to help look after the werder board here, i wouldnt let big soccer down

7. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'm not for it, nor against it...therefore I am for it because its worth a try :)

8. Neuwiednetronic Kev

Neuwiednetronic Kev New Member

May 4, 2005
    Perhaps we can do a count to see how many fans of each club there is? And if there is more than say , 5, then a sub-forum could be meritted?

kev

9. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I say none 'cause that limits the discussions with other teams' fans imho... I never look into any sub forum here (too lazy) and therefore would not discuss about Bremen, hertha and so on, which would be a shame imho. Nothing wrong wuith 30-page threads imho.
    But since I lost this poll allready... have fun ;-)

10. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I voted " none".

Still don't see why we need so many subforums.

People tend to post way less there than in sticky threads.

Look what happenend to Leverkusen and Wolfsburg (and K'lautern).
    There was a time when people thought they needed an own subforum because of all the posts. See what happenend.

Ask yourself:

Do you look into the Wolfsburg and Leverkusen subforums?

Would you post more if there were just stickied threads for these two teams??
    I certainly would.

Not even Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV have their own forums.
    (maybe the Dutch are just smarter? ;) )

11. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the point that people realize what each subforum is for

its for talk pertaining solely to that team. Transfer speculations, tactics, how players are workin in the system, and even the history of that particular club.

the outside forum is best for spieltag day threads, to talk about how the weekend went, how teams are doing with the rest of the bundesliga, that sort of thing.

As long as we dont act stupid, we'll be fine :)

12. SubPop77

SubPop77 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Seattle WA/Berlin DE
    As did I, and I dont know the policy concerning mods and sub forums...but i could look after the "Rude Boys Berlin" (a favorite sign of mine I see in the Kurve every weekend) if somoene needed to...

13. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think "The Big 4" deserve their own sub-forum. Especially Stuttgart and Bremen.

I also think the Wolfsburg and Kaiserslautern sub-forums should be relegated.

14. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i agree on the relegation :D

15. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Here we go again. For the record, I don't believe any team sub-forum has a critical mass but for Bayern. I believe that sub-forums take away traffic from and otherwise damage the main board. If one of the options is to maintain the Bayern sub-forum and eliminate all the other team sub-forums, I'm perfectly OK with that and, in fact, would support it. But if you (used generically) foolishly insist on adding team sub-forums, you should not compensate by subtracting existing sub-forums. If you do that, we will be waging a constant battle over who is "sub-forum worthy" and who is not sub-forum worthy. If Wolfsburg goes now, why shouldn't Leverkusen go in the fall, and Kaiserslautern in the winter, and by next season, the Schalke, Hertha, Stuttgart and Bremen forums will be ripe for an overthrow by Cologne fans ecstatic that they managed to avoid relegation when Dortmund is denied a professional license. And what happens then to Dortmund? Does a RL team get to keep their sub-forum? How exactly are you going to determine what team is "sub-forum worthy?" Can you propose a single workable standard, one that can be enforced uniformly and consistently over a period of time? Unless you are prepared to do that, relegating select sub-forums shouldn't even be a consideration.

16. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What he says! :)

17. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

just make sure each forum has a good amount of activity

if it doesnt, relegate it :)

18. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bingo. That's perfect. Certainly, there can be no debate about what constitutes a "good amount of activity," because that is a measure we've learned since grade school. A "good amount of activity" is almost certainly as well-defined as pi equals 3.14, for example.

19. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

why are you being such a grumpy Pennslyvanian?

its for catfish, the moderator to decide when its dead or its active

lighten up mate

20. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A. I'm a Pennsylvanian.

B. I am neither your mate nor Australian.

C. I am not grumpy (at least not as we speak), but to be fair, I do not suffer foolish responses well at times. To that end, I think the "Catfish" standard you have proposed is equally inane as the "good amount of activity" standard you previously offered. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that we'll all be stuck with the Catfish standard. Is that something you are comfortable with?

21. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It could be worse... A Werder Bremen standard (I mean, just think of the name - brrrrr ;-) )

seriously, why don't you both cool down. If those teams really want a subforum we won't be able to stop them because neither catfish nor the majority of the users is against it. if that means that Hannover gets the most frequented thread here, I wellcome it a lot! :)
    Just close the wob subforum :)

22. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I follow the Bundesliga, but not any particular team. I therefore, rarely look at the subforums.

If some of the teams have 3-5+ active threads, then they could support their own sub-forum. On the stickies. It's probably time to start 05/06 threads for teams. 5-8 stickies is probably too many.(I've all sorts of good ideas for work for other moderators. :)) If there isn't much activity on one of the team threads, maybe they don't deserve a sticky. It may also motivate posters to post more team updates. :)

23. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werder Forum!

[​IMG]

24. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    I think just Werder should have a forum for now, as we have over 6 fans that I know of. I only know of 2 or 3 fans for the other teams.

25. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I've had a change of heart, I don't think we need additional subforums, I have to admit, I don't bother looking at most subforums (esp. K'lautern, Bayer or Wolfsburg) because they don't interest me...if anything I say RELEGATE everyone except Bayern and BVB, because ppl will always go to their forums. Continue to sticky the 5 threads that are stickied, and add to them the relegated teams.

So, Catfish, I voted for getting all 4 teams a subforum
    Subtract that 1 vote, and put it on the one for no more subforums.