What Mexican players from the Confederations Cup have a chance at playing in Europe

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by El Chivito, Jun 26, 2005.

1. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Turkey :rolleyes: ? stay with chivas

2. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Re: What Mexican players from the Confederations Cup have a chance at playing in Euro

Liverpool would be a good move, Dudek sucks now. And maybe Dudek can teach Oswaldo how to block pks :)

3. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    On Reforma it says that Bolton is interested in Oswaldo but also mentioned Salcido, Pineda, Borgetti and Zinha. Liverpool asked for Oswaldo. And Borgetti has 3 offers from Germany, England and Scotland.

4. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: What Mexican players from the Confederations Cup have a chance at playing in Euro

Oswaldo playing in England would be awesome. his performance in the Copa Confederaciones showed why he is one of the best goalies in the world right now. Oswaldo is 31 years old, so he proly has about a good 5 years left until retirement.

5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

yeah Vergara has stated before that he will only release his top players only if they get offers in Europe

6. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004

turkey wouldnt be a bad move for oswaldo, especially depending on what team it was that offered

not saying they're league is better than mexico, but if he made an impact there he could make it to the bigger leagues in europe (i think friedel first went to turkey, didnt he? could be wrong)

liverpool would be a good move as well, because they're keepers seem to be either injury prone (kirkland) or inconsistent (dudek)

im not so sure about bolton, though, they're keeper is one of the best in playing the in the epl right now (imo)

7. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

who's boltons keeper?

8. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.

Sounds good, but I'm not sure Pineda or even Salcido have played the necessary 75% international games w/MX required to obtain a Premiership work permit.
    Oswaldo, on the other hand, he's got a sheik contract with Chivas... I doubt he'd leave for Turkey...
    I can imagine, now that Aloisi left for Greece, Borgetti in Osasuna. How's that?

9. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004

the finnish national team guy, (had to look up how to spell) Jussi Jaaskelainen.

10. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Can you post the link here plz? thanks !!!!!

11. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    I still dont like the way Osvaldo played....

12. aguilas

aguilas New Member

Dec 17, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Club América
  13. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Malaga ask for prestamo for borgetti and thats stupid, and all the teams want the mexican playes for prestamos. Mexico should ONLY put them for sell and no other option like the shiit the ask for.

14. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    does any one have a link of oswaldo going to europe? :confused:

15. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've been looking for the link on Oswaldo going to Europe but can't find anything on him and offers from Europe, if anybody has the links please share them with the rest of us.

I think going to Turkey would be good for Oswaldo only if it was to one of the top teams(Galatasaray, Besiktas, Fenerbahce), if the Liverpool thing or other EPL teams is real he should go.

About Borgetti I read the article about Malaga putting an offer for him, he's not going anywhere outside of Mexico, that's all the article said.

Seriously we have so many players that could be playing for decent teams in Europe, just from the squad that went to Confed. Cup you could name like 5 guys that could easily be playing in Europe.
    Hopefully the Copa Oro gives the guys that repeat the two cups more exposure and teams finally give good offers to these guys so they can pack their bags for the old world.

I'll be seeing you guys in one week since I will go to Mexico on Sunday for a week, I'll stay on top of any rumors or news of players overthere.

Pray(if you pray) for me to have a safe trip there and back please

16. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I read on the newspaper? haven't seen a web link about it.

17. jonny

jonny New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Mexico
    Borgetti should do well in enland..cuz they cross alot there and he is a great header

I think all of them mexican players r good

18. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Oswaldo fue nombrado el mejor portero del la Copa Confederaciones :)
    [​IMG]

19. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    the "frankfurter rundschau", a big german newspaper, said today that there is a good chance of Borgetti coming to Frankfurt. I dunno, I really dont believe it, but I think it would be great if it works out... would like to see him here...

20. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Here is the full report of Borgetti from today's newspaper in Jermany.

Unity buhlt around Borgetti
    Frankfurt Bundesligist negotiates with the Mexican Stuermerstar/with own airplane to the plays
    OF INGO THIRST JOKE

Wordplays with coat of arms animals are thus verpoent abgedroschen and. Who writes eagle carriers and which football professionals of the Frankfurt unity means, which in the all-morning conference of editorship already times with strict views or eight to ten rotated eyes welcomed. In this completely special case however an exception is permitted and with Thomas's brown, the sales director von Aero Flight, spoken. "the majestic flight of the eagle provokes synergies, us with the unity connects." Still questions?

The airline from the Taunus is new partner of the hessian Bundesligisten and makes available, this the Clou, Frankfurt club its own airplane, which will bring the unity unit train via aviation to the away games. An airbus A 320 becomes with the Logo (eagle) and the signature of the unity painted. A prestigious history, its own jet possesses in the federal league circus otherwise only the powerful FC Bavaria. "we are pleased, with the own unity eagle to fly to be able", say unity Boss Heribert Bruchhagen. The unity in the upwind. Does the eagle, which is wordplay forgiven, float also into a glorious future?

The initial member concerned after one year wood class and one decade Tristesse again in the elitaeren circle, and the conditions were better rarely, in order to attend that circle in the long term. The unity boomt, it is had topic for discussion in the city and a fire-new stadium, which itself - despite world-well-known lack - prima marked out and purse lets which sound. The arena transforms besides with heimspiele into a witch boiler, which gave the Frankfurtern in the season run off a home play record of eleven victories in series. Without the impressing strength on domestic terrain, those became immediately approximately Hessen victories, Paderborn and, which maximum penalty for the Frankfurt one, open brook to play. The unity crew is young, hungry and has perspective. "I can not promise the class receipt", say coach Friedhelm sparkle. "however the conditions are very good."

The team is to be still strengthened, for the attack looks for the Frankfurt ones a powerful gate hunter. Ioannis Amanatidis comes 2006, perhaps already to the new season. And like the FR , the unity experienced its feelers after a hochkaraetigen stuermer stretched: Jorge Borgetti. The Mexican made during the Confederations Cup lastingly on itself attentive, last with two gates with the Mexican 3:4-Niederlage against Germany. Yesterday afternoon negotiated unity Boss Heribert Bruchhagen with the advisor of the 31-Jaehrigen.

Borgetti, which obtained 33 hits in 67 international matches for its homeland, stated its interest only after the play in Leipzig to play in the federal league. Three years ago it fell through with Hertha BSC. Now it is to fold. Borgetti, which makes its money in Mexico with Atletico Pachuca, was only ennobled at present of the FR on Thursday as "a world-best head ball player". The classical Mittelstuermer, not particularly fast, moved here to country for the first time into the focus, when it cut back in the play against Brazil the victory gate, before however an eleven-meter three times to implement had and at the end fired.

Coaches sparkle sees the search for a stuermer left. "we cannot be pressurized, if no more comes, are it also okay. Does not worry me." The competition is anyway extremely pronounced. "that is well like that, because the requirements become higher." With the past new acquisitions it is contently, "natural would have I also gladly Adriano or Ronaldinho", jokes the coach, "however in the context of the financial possibilities we the crew reasonably and well arranged".

Physically the professionals are well in shot, "from the inspection further as simultaneous one year ago". At that time the unity straight had descended into the second federal league, to ex coach Willi Reimann approved six weeks vacation and the crew was nearly completely exchanged. The times change.

Courtesy of :Frunkfurter Rundschau- Germany newspaper.

21. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I think that oswaldo being named the best goalie is great because now more teams from europe would be intrested. :D

22. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

i think it would be easier to read if it was in German :D

23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    so are these speculations and rumors , or is real. I can't find any info on any team intrested in oswaldo sanchez. If you have any info plez tell. :confused: