Javad Nekounam linked to Tottenham ..?

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Rabbi Keane, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I hear that there have been some speculation in Iranian press about Nekounam going to English side Tottenham Hotspur ... and that it isn't the first time he has been linked.

What's the story?

http://www.iransportspress.com/?c=118&a=1878

2. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    the story is that Nekounam is one of the finest (if not the finest) midfields (CMF and CDMF) in Asia.... his club is in the middle of Asian club championship and Iran just qualified for WC so despite the fact that "spotlight" is trying to link him to EPL he is not really willing to go (the fact that teams require technical tests really puts these guys off) himself as he knows he will get better deals after WC and his current team needs him during Asian club championship... there are currently 3 teams after him Al-Ahly from UAE (they already gave up I believe), Besiktas from Turkey and Tottenham from England.... here is his info and picture:

Full name: Javad Nekounam
    Club: Pas FC (from Tehran)
    Date of birth: 12 December 1980
    Place of birth: Tehran
    Position: Midfield
    NT Caps: 66 games
    NT goals: 10
    Height: 186 cm
    Weight: 76 Kg
    First NT appearance: 28 May 2000

[​IMG]

"spotlight" is working on Kaebi (RB,RMF) as well... he is also linked to Tottenham and Aston villa....

Full name: Hossein Kaebi
    Club: Foolad Khuzistan (was on loan in Al-Saad (Qatar))
    Date of birth: 23 December 1985
    Place of birth: Ahvaz
    Position: Midfield
    NT Caps: 41
    NT goals: 2
    Height: 167 cm
    Weight: 63 Kg
    First NT appearance: 6 February 2002

[​IMG]

3. AliOlia

AliOlia New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    How do you think he would do if he joined?

4. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Apparently their source is from Iranian media which hasn't always been very accurate. My guess is that they'd like to wait it out until 2006 WC to show case their talent.

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    both Kaebi and Nekounam has what it takes to suceed in Europe, but Tottenham are known for being interested in everyone.

if I remember correctly, number of Korean players were linked to Tottenham as well not to long ago.

6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    did any of them join?

7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No. it was all talk and nothing actually happened.

8. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
  9. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Tottenham are reportedly hoping to take Iranian duo Javad Nekounam and Hossein Kaebi on trial.

The Premiership outfit are casting their net far and wide in a bid to add new faces to the squad after already securing the signings of Tom Huddlestone, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Routledge, Paul Stalteri and Teemu Tainio.

The Iranian pair have made waves in their domestic league and continued to impress whilst representing their country.

24-year-old Nekounam currently plies his trade for Tehran outfit Pas, although Spurs could face competition for his signature in the form of United Arab Emirates side Al Ahli.

Kaebi is one of the rising stars of Iranian football and has burst onto the international scene under coach Branko Ivankovic.

The 19-year-old is also being followed by Aston Villa after playing a central role in Al Sadd's Emir Cup victory and has a growing reputation outside of his native Iran.

It is expected that the pair will travel to England in August in a bid to impress Spurs boss Martin Jol and secure a dream move to The Premiership.

source:skysports-england

10. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

Kaebi is an awesome midfielder and i bet you in 2 years or so he'll be one of the best in Asia. he's too young right now to tell, but just watch and he'll be explosive

11. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  12. baba

baba New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    kaabi and nekonams news been official from tottenham site and coach..

the coach have said he wishes to make the team stronger and that he is really facininating by the young talent he have seen in both kaabi and nekonam..and that they are iran internationals make them even better

the only thing this 2 have to worry about is passing the trials and they will 100 % sign a contract ;)

also have in mind Kaabi is chased by Aston villa aswell

BUT the most facinnating this is that after Nekonam officialy got linked with Tottenham Galatasaray-Fenerbache-Beskiktas turkey top3 teams showed intrest in him..

13. RoozPOP

RoozPOP New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice so its all good. But whats the story now a week on?

14. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Hey RoozPOP,

Nekounam has one more year on his contract with Pas. He wants to finish it so he will be a free agent and do his own thing with out involving Pas. That is a smart move, I think, because Pas may ask for too much money for his release and put off interested clubs. He also wants to go through the WC 2006, because he thinks his value will be higher after he has showcased his skills in the WC. He is taking a calculated risk, I think.

15. Parthian

Parthian New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    The latest rumors-newspaper articles have him going to Besiktas of Turkey on loan from Pas. I hope he leaves; he’s the best player on T.M to still play in IPL.

16. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Yes, apparently Besiktas is contemplating paying his release fee to Pas. However, Nekounam has said that he will only go if the price is right (no numbers were mentioned) and even then he will only sign a one year deal. I think that will kill the deal.

Nekounam seems confident that he can land a better contract after the WC. I think this is his agents idea.

By the way, does anyone know who represents him?

17. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
  18. RoozPOP

RoozPOP New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    I think a one year deal in Turkey will be a good stepping stone for Nekounam. After the worldcup hopefully he'll get better offers. If he went to Tottenham dya think he'd be a starter?

19. MUforever10

MUforever10 Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Unfortunately the Totenham deal is dead now, since they've signed Edgar Davids :( .

20. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc
    1 year deal might have been nice. oh well.

21. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    PFDC - KAISERSLAUTERN, After Tottenham Hotspurs and Besiktas Istanbul, German Bundesliga side FC Kaiserserslautern signalled interest in signing the 24-year-old Iranian international.

The defensive midfielder is close to reach an agreement with the club, however, it is yet unclear if Pas Tehran will let their star player go ahead of the quarter final stage of the AFC Champions League, sources around the player told Persianfootball.

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Zandi and Nekounam in the same team would be awsome. :cool:

23. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    il believe it when it happens. yes... when it actually HAPPENS.