9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
  2. avocats

avocats Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Pacific Northwest
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please tell me that we'll control ticket allocation for this game. I'm sick of going to games here in the US that are half full of the opposing team fans. (Honduras, RFK, anyone??) We were just at Azteca, and believe me, it wasn't 50% USa fans.

3. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

Yeah,that's because there aren't that may expat americans living in Mexico. Do you think that the Hondurans at RFK all actually travelled from Honduras? The USSF can't "control" the allocation because the vast majority of the opponent fans are residents here.

4. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One advantage small MLS stadiums will have is that there is a season ticket holder presale. In Columbus, for example, suppose we have 10,000 season ticket holders for our 22,000 seat stadium. If 80% opt to buy two tickets in the pre-sale to Columbus Crew season ticket holders, we're already down to only 6000 tickets left. Another 3,000 to US Soccer for the supporters section, 2000 to the Mexican FA; and there are only 1000 available.

If you contrast that with RFK, another MLS city but with a massive stadium. You'll still have 50,000 tickets left after the presale and allocations.

5. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    I'm sure the Mex game will work itself out with the ticketing such that the majority of fans will be on the US side.

6. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adding to my earlier post. I found the information on the 2001 game.

25,000 seats: 19,000 tickets were sold in the 'pre-sale'. The remaining six thousand were sold in six hours.

7. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the US Soccer pre-sale, the Sam's Army presale (if there is such a thing) or the Columbus season ticket pre sale?

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That 19,000 was all pre-sale back in 2001.

US Soccer, Crew season ticket holders, and MLS season ticket holders.

Expect the same kinda deal this time around.

9. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay good. I can do the US Soccer pre-sale then. I was worried about tickets there for a second.

10. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    As Rich mentioned your covered for the above. Also good time to remind people to make sure they registered at http://www.ussoccerfan.com so they are notified of presales. And Info will also be posted here, NAS, Yanks in Germany, sams-army.com, and ussupporters.com as soon as it's available.
    The Supporters section sale will be for entire North End. 1500 tix
    Ready, set, ...............................................

11. St. Patrick

St. Patrick Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think it will be a higher number gone this time around. Is there a particular order that the pre-sale will go out (Crew holders first, then US Soccer, then MLS holders, for instance) or will it be all three at once? Is there a chance the 24,624 (capacity with the extra seating in the South End IIRC) will be out through just the pre-sale?

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    It's possible but highly unlikely that they'll all go in the pre-sale, though I could be wrong. It'll be close though. I am guessing around the same number will be made available to the public as last time when the pre-sale is finished...

Crew season ticket holders and US Soccer will get first dibs on tickets to the match. Then it'll move down the chain. As long as you are signed up at US Soccer Fan you'll be able to get tickets. Don't worry, any dedicated US fan will have an opportunity to get tickets...you won't be shut-out as long as you're paying attention, I'll promise you that...

13. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    We will try and get USSF to coinside its General friends of US Soccer presale with the North End USsupporters/SA section presale so it does not create the confusion the England match has. Bd

14. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh that's good to hear!

15. St. Patrick

St. Patrick Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm not worried about getting shut-out....just about keeping these puppies off the market. (I should have creds for the match) :D

16. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what is the ETA for tix announcements? Mid May?

17. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Anyone else thinking about checking out the Ohio State-Miami of Ohio football game if it's an early-afternoon kickoff?

18. V Funk

V Funk Member

Oct 1, 2001
    West Seattle
    No question I'm going to make Saturday a doubleheader with the Bucks game...I can't imagine that game being anything other than a noon EST kickoff.

19. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Where might the Ohio State-Miami game be held in relation to the real match? Any word on kick-off times for either event?

20. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    The Shoe is about 2-3 miles from CCS. About a 10 minute drive w/ traffic. The football game will be over with plenty of time to spare for tailgating (given a noon kickoff). I'm guessing a 7:30 kickoff for the soccer game.

21. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    If it's a noon kickoff the game will be done around 3:30-4. Just enough time to head to a liquor store, maybe a bar or 2, then over to Hunt Park for 2-3 hours of tailgating...kickoff for the US game is definitely 7:30, the Buckeyes start time is still TBA but I imagine it'll be noon.

I went on the OSU Rivals board and asked when tickets will go on sale and how much the cheap seats are, I'll get back to you guys when I hear.

Is anyone planning on driving to the game from Cleveland?

22. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Really, the Crew season ticket holders should just buy all the tickets they can, then people can get the tickets from them.

23. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    No. I. Hate. Ohio. State. Almost. As. Much. As. I. Hate. Tennessee. And. Notre Dame. Plus, it'll be as competitive as a Globetrotters game, and cut in to pre-match workouts. Curl pint Newcastle, curl, another, another...

24. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets for OSU football games generally go on sale on the spur of the moment, out of the blue, and there are usually only a thousand or so available. And they're gone within a day or two of going on sale.

Scalping shouldn't be a problem for this game, and is actually part of the fun of attending an OSU football game. The prices for tickets should fall as kickoff approaches....you could probably score a $30-$40 ticket if you hold out long enough. Face value for ALL tickets in the stadium is $58. (Except for the club section, which are sold as PSLs for $10,000+.) OSU football isn't #1 in the nation in revenue for nothing.

25. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Sounds good.

Of course, this all depends on what time the BC game is...if it's a 2 pm kickoff (earliest it would be, since we're at BYU) and I can find someplace to watch it near CCS, I'll be doing that instead. Although the rumor is we'll be the late-night WAC game on ESPN2, which would kick off at 9:30 or 10:30.