CONCACAF finalist to Copa Sudamericana

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Zitor, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    It was like 1/2 hour dedicated to it in Cadena Radio Univision and "Locura por el Futbol" I thought I was going to find more information/rumour here. Champions will go to Copa Mundial de Clubes and the runner up is going to play Copa Sudamericana. So, there you have it, MLS. Now you make your move. :eek:
    Mexican teams are going straight to the competition. :mad:

2. alberto232ec

alberto232ec New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    A very cold place
    WAAAAT???? EVERYONE PROTEST NOW!!! NO MORE MEXICANS!!!!! :mad:

3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've been telling you guys this was going to happen since 2003........Hernand Pelaez was the first to give out the voice of "warning" copa sudamericana will now become copa panamericana.

4. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    i just cant belive this, no more mexicans

5. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    So the finalists of concacaf champoins cup go into copa sudamerica?

if so, then it is not a certainty that mexican teams will go..
    last year it was two costa rica teams i think.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Just the losing finalist, the winner goes to the World Club Championship in December.

7. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    No. Peruvian teams have to work harder. Otherwise slowly your teams are going to become mexican's bitches. :D

8. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Just one of them, and it could be any team from any country. I said an MLS team can make it. Although if they get there they will probably refuse it, due to same old reasons. (IMO, I would like to see them integrated or at least playing for the spot with the mexicans).
    Mexican's team will actually belong to Copa Sudamericana. The rest will have to win to play "bigtime" :rolleyes:

9. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I thought it sounded cool. Just for the fact that some big Suda clubs would come to the states and play so we as fans can have an opportunity to watch it. Also, this would make the MSL better, although this forum probably doesnt care.

BTW, i was searching for this topic on the MLS forum but couldnt find it anywhere. Either they dont know yet or dont care. But if I was an MSL fan (which Im not) I would be pumped.

10. alberto232ec

alberto232ec New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    A very cold place
    ???? where did u come from? ahahahaha anyway Mexican's are and always will be our bitches. As a matter of fact thats what they are, they are even the U.S.'s bitches so I don't know what u talkin about. :D

11. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    There are a couple of key-phrase not keywords in the statements.
    1)work harder and 2) slowly.
    That means old history doesn't count. Just this year's Cienciano your latest top team was kicked out of Copa Llibertadores by Chivas, which only fields mexicans. I don't mean to disrespect Peruvian's history but if you don't look before 2005 and look ahead in time, Mexico will be a tough competition. Forget US for now. As long as they have salary cap in soccer their local league will be just a second tier league.

12. alberto232ec

alberto232ec New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    A very cold place
    We all knew that Cienciano's team was crap this year, nothing compared to what they were before, I mean their team was already crap when they won the Recopa so it really doesn't hurt us that Chivas kicked them out, as a matter of fact I think is good so that they wake them up. The only reason why Mexicans are where they are and could get where they're going is money, take that away and what are you left with?

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    present history ( can I say that?) shows the twoligas tie!

chivas kicked out cienciano in repechaje (both were not even on top of their ligas to claim copa libertadores sposts) the loser lost his coach.

In peru last week, pachuca lost big time and look horrid (both were on top of their ligas to make copa Libertadores directly) The loser Lost his coach.

I say even.....

on copa Nissan or suramericana: I like the fact that 2 teams will have INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION to enter the cup that files 4th and 5th string teams from suramerican ligas (no se les olvide eso) Zitor: como entraran los mejicanos y cuantos? uno y el subcampeon de concacaf champs?

14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    When has any MLS team ever refused an invite to a South American tournament? MLS teams participated in the Copa MercoNorte when invited, and MLS I/Os have made no secret that they eventually hope to get invited to the Copa Libertadores.

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    he is probably talking about the way arena refuses to go south!

MLS if they get a place vs ticos and mexies is welcome in there..... It will be hell for a seriers of games betwen chileans or argies vs a team from los angeles of NY (travel time?!)

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The US has not participated in the Copa America since 1995 - or before MLS began play. Neither Steve Sampson, nor Bruce Arena has chosen to pull players out of MLS during the middle of the season for a competition that does not really involve CONCACAF, and one that increasingly is taken as a joke by the teams in the tournament (at what point does it just become a U23 tournament)?

Frankly, I think the solution is the combine the Gold Cup and the Copa America into one 16 team quadrennial tournament. No guest teams. 8 teams from South America, 6 teams from CONCACAF, and the other 2 slots could be decided by a playoff between the bottom two CONMEBOL teams and the 7/8 CONCACAF teams. That would allow for tournament with 4 groups of 4, and none of this 2 out of 3 third place teams advancing crap.

17. alberto232ec

alberto232ec New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    A very cold place
    Seems like an interesting idea. Propose and see what they say. :D

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    nuts!

there is a word in the USA that has no meaning or respect: TRADITION!

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Agreed. Didn't the Red Sox know they were supposed to lose the World Series to the Cardinals in seven games?

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    do you care about slowball? 3hrs games.....plssssssss

now, do it in order: you (MLS) has a golden oportunity to get in copa libertadores, the reason you have poor attendance for the last 6 yrs in MLS is that you let too many mexican games in USA soil....well, I was thinking, they Love the dollars from the interliga tourney or pre-pre Libertadores....

Is in the uSA, for 8 teams, at least get one MLS team in there, expose your players to more TV audiences, gain a lil respect, be competitive, do more games per year (28 or 32 per calendar year is not going to cut it) and MAYBE get a chance to play copa Libertadores! Gain some respect then lets talk about concacaf closer to COPA AMERICA.

AN respect comes in monetary terms as well as talent.......make believers out of all this laughing stock that MLS is for the rest of the continent. That from a poster that was a hard core MLS fan once.

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    This is very funny, you guys are talking about mexicans and MLS teams that could participate in the CopaSudamericana, let me remind you who the champion and sub-chamipion are.

champion....Liga Deportiva Alajuelense - COSTA RICA
    sub-champion....Deportivo Saprissa - COSTA RICA

22. southamerican1984

southamerican1984 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 10, 2005
    i prefer americans in south american competitions rather than mexicans.

23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please forgive my ignorance of all these competitions, but could I get a little help here? Can someone please tell me the difference between La Copa Sudamericana and La Copa Libertadores? How is the participation different, etc.?

24. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005
    this is pretty funny, mexicans are always planning how to make part of all south american competitions, and in the other hand, this is the time that concacaf has not find even a guess to gold cup, none south american national team wants to play gold cup or paper cup.

somebody knows how mexicans will win their place to world club cup? they have to win libertadores? or any caribean club cup? :D

25. southamerican1984

Feb 10, 2005
    well look onefineesq, copa sudamerica is not taken seriously, this is a very young cup which was created to help countries such as bolivia, peru, venezuela to improve their soccer, and plus the schedule of this cup is very boring, at first teams of a same country have to play, and after the winner plays against any club of a neighbor country, for example, an uruguayan club has to play with a paraguayan club, or a bolivian club has to play against any chilean club, and plus, almost all teams play with substitutes, as you can see, conmebol also created this cup to make some money spending almost nothing.

and libertadores cup, well you know, you're watching this cup, this is a very prestigious tournament with so much history, all teams want to win this tournament, conmebol spends more money in this tournament, fans put so much attetion to libertadores
    take care