Japanese Abroad 2010/11 [R] - Part III Other

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japanese Players Abroad in Europe/Other 2010/2011

Eiji Kawashima

Sk Lierse | GK | 20 March 1983

Yuki Abe
    Leicester City | MF | 6 September 1981

Daigo Kobayashi
    Iraklis | MF | 19 February 29 1983

Maya Yoshida
    VVV Venlo | DF | 24 August 1988

Hiroshi Ibusuki
    CE Sabadell | FW | 27 February 1991

If there's anyone else you want on the list then just post.

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: Japanese Abroad 2010/11 [R] - Other

Thanks for fixing my thread titles.

I must have been half asleep when typing them.

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Koji Kazama
    Loulentano | MF | 19 June 1991

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  5. sphericalfox

sphericalfox New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Once I have been given permission to create a new thread, I will be updating everyone on Yuki Abe, who is currently playing for Leicester City.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Maya Yoshida played the last 45 minutes against Willem II, his team won 4-0. According to the keikaku :cool: .

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Nobody will take offence or mind if you create a thread called Yuki Abe @ LCFC or something. Please go ahead. consider this as 'permission'.

Understand though some of us weren't/aren't the biggest fans of a transfer of Yuki Abe to the English Championship for a number of reasons (nothing against LCFC). But I'm glad SGE is starting him now though playing RM is probably not the way to go (though he can do it adequately).

Its the opinion unanimously of everybody here that Yuki Abe in a lot of ways is probably your best player, particularly experience and technical/passing ability. Only negative is he's still needs to lose his interpreter (learn eng) & maybe get used to the Championship which is known to be very physical.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Is he being brought on as CB or in a less physically demanding position til he gets to 100%.

9. sphericalfox

sphericalfox New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Hi Yuki Abe will be playing today. I'll be back later to update on his performance and reply in detail to your response about his transfer.

10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

First half looks quite good, Abe started and winning 1-0 away.
    Looking forward for full report!

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  12. sphericalfox

sphericalfox New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Cheers Saku,

FoxesTalk is a good indicator of how things are, but like all Forums you find that it can be biased.

However, you'll find that 2 local Leicester commentators gave Abe the Man of the Match award. This isn't the first time.

I think even now he is settling in, and perhaps communication is against him, as it always was going to be. His skills are not in question. I think Saku you mentioned that Abe is our best/skillful experienced player. That is debatable, though I still think we are to see the best from him.

Some Leicester fans have tried to sing a song to get him to wave, a silly tradition but it gets the interaction between players/manager and fans. However I think he was a little puzzled by it.

I suppose I should ask the Urawa Reds fans if he has a 'signature song', or if there is something in Japanese the fans can sing to him? It would make him feel more at home and he can understand the fans appreciate the work he is doing out on the pitch.

I will save the discussion about his transfer and the context of it for Leicester for the thread I want to create, but forum rules won't let me until I have commented on several thread first.

If people are interested in Leicester in general I can link you to my blog, and you can get an idea about things occurring around Yuki. There are other links and to all things Leicester City.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Not sure I have been saying that since I've never seen Leicester play. Btw, thanks for the report.

CB. Not involved in the goal they took at the last minute.

14. sphericalfox

sphericalfox New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Apologies Saku!!!!!

It was AKITOD who had mentioned that Abe would be our best player. I got over excited by our result.

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Kawashima still not back....

Was his injury that bad?

16. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Takayuki Seto scored in Astra Ploiesti's 3-0 win over Brasov

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Hamstring, it's never good.

edit : Anyway, if they put him on the bench, they can say bye bye to their TV deal with the japanese TV. If it happens, I hope he gets out of here.

18. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
  19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

A link would be good actually thanks.

To clear up what I meant. I'm not about to say that his performance so far for LCFC has been good enough to say he's best in their team right now.

As a player he has 50 games for Japan, many of those games playing in positions where he was not suited so he has experience in all areas of midfield and defence. He has started all of Japan's games at the 2010 FWC where he was amazing (not sure if you caught any of his performances at the FWC or even against the England NT in the lead up but he was truly excellent). An integral part of the team and part of why they were very strong defensively and considering its the WC his opponents were often if not always a level higher than CCC ability.

So when I heard about his transfer to LCFC and saw their squad list I thought he's a big signing for them and would be considered one of the best if not the best. For experience, quality at CM/DM and he does have good technique and passing ability.

About the chanting I can't really help but apparently LCFC has him taking a crash course in English at the Uni language center or something and he's getting better at hearing instructions and so on. So who knows he may understand the chants soon.

20. sphericalfox

sphericalfox New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Hi AKITOD,

I appreciate from a Japanese point of view the CCC doesn't seem very glamourous, and a player of Abe's calibre should be playing elsewhere, ie. The Premiership or some other Top Division in Europe if that be his choice, but the CCC's is an excellent footballing league. Yes it much more physical due to some of the limitations of speed, skill, etc of some of the players, but this melting pot of players makes this League very unpredictable and generally quite exciting.

I know this may sound biased, but I do try to step back and view it objectively.

Abe has joined a team under transition. We made the playoffs last season with a great deal of grit and determination rather than pure skill and prowess. Under SGE, a manager with a great deal of experience and connections within the game, under SGE it seems he is acclimatising quite quickly which is good for us and him as a player. Abe isn't being utilised as DM, as we have Richie Wellens who is an efficient DM and good passer of the ball. Abe has played on the RM, which Sven has admitted isn't his best position, and in the last game moved him back into a more central role, and dropping back to DM if needs be for cover for Wellens during play. Abe apparently did understand 'Give us a wave' chant to him in the last game! So at least he knows he is becoming a fan favorite.

I think Leicester is a team not really known outside of England, but that will change under our new owners, but I'll save that discussion for the new thread when I get to that point.

Here's my blog link btw, you'll find other links there, and I plan on writing an article today about the CCC. I hope you and other's enjoy. Don't be afraid to comment or if you want ask questions on there. More than happy to do so.

http://sphericalfox.wordpress.com

Cheers

Paul

21. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[​IMG]

22. sphericalfox

sphericalfox New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Leeds, UK
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

There's a rumour in the English press that Keisuke Honda is unhappy at CSKA Moscow. Liverpool are said to be interested.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Kawashima and Lierse won in the cup tonight. If he played, don't know. But they are doing pretty well right now.

They have some good players, former big players like Radzinski and Sonck.

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The Liverpool-rumour existed since before his CSKA-switch and was renewed when Hodgson joined this summer with Mascherano leaving. Now their new sports director, Comolli, is said to be interested in signing him. Let's see... Japanese press is speculating that they would have to compete with Milan but as was pointed out here, Italian clubs can only field (or contract?) one non-EU-player (if that rule is not overturned).

However, with Honda more or less openly stating it, I don't think his unhappiness being played as defensive mid can be called a 'rumour'. His recent outburst about CSKA's lack of 'mentality' (link below) speaks volumes. I am wondering if he talks like that to Russian media too, but this sounds rather like he is working on a transfer rather than some constructive critiscism.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/soccer/eusoccer/1011/other/text/201011080008-spnavi.html

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Actually with Honda I think he's a player who will be able to succeed in any country. Which is maybe why he should be the one to try get a good name for Japanese players in the EPL or Spain. Japanese now have good reps in Russia, Eredivisie & Bundesliga and Nagatomo is doing good in Italy.

All that's left is Spain & England and maybe another good player in Italy. Liverpool would be a good choice if only for exposure of Japanese players as he's capable of turning that team around if he puts himself into it and you know that'll get attention EVERYWHERE. Then once he's playing well and Ryo Miyaichi breaks into the Arsenal first XI then Japanese players will be set for EPL.

Hopefully by then Kagawa & Usami will have transferred to big spanish teams and we'll be set there.

With Honda's attitude he'll only be happy or even content if:
    - He's at a BIG club (UCL contender type).
    - He's allowed to play the position he wants.
    - He starts every game.

Basically he wants the same situation he had at VVV-Venlo with except at a UCL contender.========================

VVV have stated they want to purchase a Japanese player in january.