Official US Soccer Torrents Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Kronos, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we basically hijacked the US Video Clip thread for quite a while, I felt it was time that we had our very own Torrent thread for US Soccer matches. Now that 2005 is just around the corner and the final phase of the Qualifiers is about to begin, what better time to create a thread where we'll be able to download US games from the past and look forwward to US games to come.

In 2004 we've made most of the US matches available via torrents, and I can only expect the same for 2005. As the title states this is a thread for US Soccer matches, so let's try to keep this to only US Soccer related stuff.

To kick off this thread, I've uploaded the U-17 2003 USA vs. KOR match, where I was able to witness the hype surrounding young Freddy Adu for the first time. On the site you can download quite a few matches the US has participated in 2004.

http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com/

Props to Fooshino for tracker :)

[Maybe someone can post links where poeple can learn about bittorrents?]

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    And in addition, we need to explore converting the divx .avi files into VCD or KVCD so people can burn the games onto 1 cd and view them on theit tv with a dvd player.

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    thanks! ive been looking for a torrent of that match for some time, ill sart dling it once i get home

5. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm haviing trouble seeding this file...I can't connect to anyone. I don't think it's me since I'm leeching a file from a different site and connecting to other peers...what little I know, my guess is that nobody is downloading, or your firewall isn't allowing me to connect to you. I won't be able to look into it until tonight...

6. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks for that game Kronos. I tried to record the latest U-17 match that was on FSW but it was deleted off my Tivo before I could get around to it.

Here is the friendly USA @ Poland from last March.

I'll also be posting a few more of the US friendly matches from 2003 and 2004 when I can get around to encoding them.

7. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    I think you can try TMP Gen for that.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I downloaded that program, but have had no time to look into it. I know it converts from .avi to VCD. Has anyone used this demo version? Does it work? DOes it leave a watermark?
    But KVCD is entirely different as it is essentially an image file, .bin and .cue

9. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There might be an issue with the torrent file. The tracker is showing bum IP's for all the connected clients (they are all on my LAN!). I'll see if I can look into it tonight.

10. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What you do is generate the MPEG file in a KVCD format, and then use an image generating tool (I've got a couple on my home PC I can identify later) to make those into bin and cue files. And then, you might be able to compress the bin and cue into a zip file, but I don't know how much smaller you can make the file that way. I'm guessing not much.

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Any chance when you get some free time, could ya play around with making a KVCD out of 1 of the .avi fgames you already have up, and if it works just write down all the steps you took? KVCD can put 800mb on a 700mb cd-r. And it burns in 10 minutes too.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Would anyone be interested in the entire Welsh audio broadcast from the USA vs Wales game from Spartan?

13. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Wales game is one of the friendlies that I'll eventually get around to encoding (US broadcast, obviously). Maybe there is some way to have two audio tracks. Kind of like a DVD. Might be a real pain in the ass to sync up though. Especially considering cutting out commercials and such.

Again, all the rep in the land to foos for spending the bucks to run the tracker for us.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So do you want me to send you the Welsh audio track? And then you can put it on the tracker as well.

15. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I deleted the old torrent for the U-17 game and created a new one, so can somebody start to leech so we can see if I'm seeding? Hopefull all is OK

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    And just as I started looking for the USA -Wales audio track, I can't find it. Not sure why I can't find the USA - wales track... weird. But I did find this instead.

2003-05-25 Chicago vs Denver.mp3
    22 mb

edit............. just found the USA - Wales audio track. :)

17. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I deleted the old torrent for the U-17 game and created a new one, so can somebody start to leech so we can see if I'm seeding? Hopefull all is OK

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I see a leech on the tracker.........

19. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announce URL is wrong: you forgot the port "6969". Delete the old one, and try it again.

20. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, I'm currently getting 155k down on the US - Poland friendly!

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Just wait till you catch up to us 75% ers...... lol

22. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the rate I'm going that won't be long!

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The seeds for Poland and the U17 have both stopped.... lots of leachers though.

24. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to use these torrents. Is there a how-to thread somewhere. All of this stuff confuses me and I would very much like to watchsome of these games again.

25. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try here,

http://www.echelonlabs.com/bittorrent/

Azureus is a popular torrent client. Always upload as much as you download, that way everbody can benefit.

I fixed the problem with the U-17 torrent, thanks to Foos. You can go download the match now.

Foos, on the upload torrent page, you don't have the "6969" in the announce URL.