DiCicco about to coach *China*???

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Charge!, Nov 9, 2004.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    The latest from SI's Grant Wahl:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/grant_wahl/11/30/us.qualifying/

2. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony can do what April can only dream of. He'll have them better than us in short order. The future for USWNT is NOT bright

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I want for Christmas is Pia as USWNT coach :) there is a Santa...there is a Santa...there is a Santa

4. WhoaNellie

WhoaNellie New Member

Aug 30, 2004

PIA? Surely you must be joking...maybe should could sing us back to world dominance?

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm not kidding. Since you are a newbie, I'll explain. Pia Sundhenge (spelling?) is the (retired) star player for Sweden, former assistant with the Phil. Charge and Boston Breaker Head coach. She is well respected. I think she would be a great manager for the USWNT.

6. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    According to today's NY Times, DeCicco is back in China trying to iron out a deal (last paragraph on the second page):

CHINA- Tony DiCicco, the former coach of the United States women's national team, is back in China to discuss becoming the coach of its national team. China will play host to the 2007 Women's World Cup and the 2008 Summer Olympics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/21/sports/soccer/21soccer.html?pagewanted=2&oref=login

7. GLBryan

GLBryan Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Georgia
  8. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Too bad, I was looking forward to him kicking April's ass.